Joshua Leivo

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
decent...got some decent size, can skate decently now, got a decent shot, decent hands and stick handling, decent passing, very decent skills...leivo is a decent player

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Leivo, Gauthier, Brown, Johnsson, Ennis and Lindholm are our bottom 6 I guess. You think they have been great? You must have real low standards. From a production standpoint they are a complete mess. They have a total of 4 goals between them, Brown's was an empty netter.

eh.

the top 6 has been a bit fortunate offensively this year, the bottom 6 a bit unfortunate.

Slyfox

Dec 12, 2016
Toronto
Our bottom six is the best it's been in years, maybe ever. It's been a strength, it's our breajouts that is the huge underlying issue that has been a problem for 2+ seasons.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Our bottom six is the best it's been in years, maybe ever. It's been a strength, it's our breajouts that is the huge underlying issue that has been a problem for 2+ seasons.

From a personnel standpoint I like our bottom 6, but at some point they have to chip in offensively, or else it will become a problem.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Leafs are 2nd in the league in Goals For.

More relevant stat IMO is that we're tied for 6th in goals per game.

decent...got some decent size, can skate decently now, got a decent shot, decent hands and stick handling, decent passing, very decent skills...leivo is a decent player

Agreed.

After reading through this thread the best I can conclude is people don't realize what NHL bottom 6's look like and expect every winger on their team to get at least 45 points.

Well said!

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Well said!

"Our top 3 centers are great. Give them all 18 minutes a night, the 4th line only gets 6 minutes but who cares?"

"He's only got 3 points in 12 games, so useless, can't wait until we get a real 4th liner up in Marchment or Moore"

I'd like a little more out of Brown, a high end 3rd line should see more production there, but the 4th line has been great, and the other 3rd line winger has been a revolving door.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
After reading through this thread the best I can conclude is people don't realize what NHL bottom 6's look like and expect every winger on their team to get at least 45 points.
Some of them look a lot like borderline NHL/AHL players, aka Leivo.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I am not a Leivo fan but until Marleau, Brown, Ennis and Johnsson start to outplay him I would leave him in lineup. If Leivo is a borderline player then we have 4 more in our forward group who are worse from both an eye test and stats test.

Goat and Lindholm both of whom i am not a fan of are playing very good for team to start year.

Every year is a new year and you have to forget about the past and look at things from a fresh perspective based on current performance.

Leivo needs a playmaker to set him up for the one timer. Then he needs to continue to work the boards to get pucks.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
leivo shows more hockey skills than hyman and lindholm and brown in the offensive zone.....but i just love hyman, lindholm, and browns motor and hustle, and skating out there, and seems like the coaches prefers it too...they dont earn top 3 line time with their skills i dont think

if leivo ever wants to play consistent top 3 lines, imo i think he needs to be that nylander, marner, jvr like offensive winger...the winger that can help your center drive some offense all year...we gave him the role on 3rd line with kadri, to see if he can help drive the 3rd lines offense with kadri, and i dont think that line scored in like 5 games

leivo is solid enough hockey player, but hasn't shown and really isn't good enough offensively to play past the 4th or 3rd line

Reactions: ACC1224

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Is anybody still actually aruging that leivo is bad?
If you don't like advanced stats look at regular stats. He has 3 points thats as many as guathier, Johnson and Ennis combined. Hes also one of the few forwards throwing the body has 13 hits in 12 games adding 9 takeaways as well. He's such an active player points aside.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
If you don't like advanced stats look at regular stats. He has 3 points thats as many as guathier, Johnson and Ennis combined. Hes also one of the few forwards throwing the body has 13 hits in 12 games adding 9 takeaways as well. He's such an active player points aside.

I didn't have a lot of faith in him over the years, but this year he has taken advantage of his opportunities. I always hope any player can help the team.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I haven't seen anyone say that but I don't read every post.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Most people can't stand upright on skates at a certain age. Your statement is a gross exaggeration.

Hyman is an NHLer by most standards.
Obviously I kid! Seriously though ,Hyman doesn't cut the top^ on any other team in the league and likely not even top nine ...he has no skill,no talent!

Reactions: nofehr

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I counted direct involvement in eight scoring chances tonight, and the best defensive play from a forward.

I'd love it if our top nine worked because this fourth line is legitimately good, but with a struggling top nine we really need to give Leivo a bigger role.

Best game as a Leaf, no rewards. Sad reality, not sure the reason. I didn't count anything but he was excellent.

Reactions: nofehr and Lauro

luvdahattymatty

Apr 8, 2018
Gramps here. No time to read thread but anybody downing Leivo on here needs to give their head a shake. He is hustling. Creating offence. Getting in on the forecheck. coming back hard on defence. He needs to play more. He and Marner looked to me like our top 2 forwards tonight. Would have shorted the bench and gone Tavares Marner and Leivo down the stretch every 2nd shift.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
I counted direct involvement in eight scoring chances tonight, and the best defensive play from a forward.

I'd love it if our top nine worked because this fourth line is legitimately good, but with a struggling top nine we really need to give Leivo a bigger role.

Agreed, I'd consider pushing him up beside Tavares and Kapanen and putting Marner with Kadri and Marleau.

Best game as a Leaf, no rewards. Sad reality, not sure the reason. I didn't count anything but he was excellent.

+1

Reactions: Lauro

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany