Joshua Leivo

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Is it me or does Leivo ****ing BLOW this season? The dude seems to miss the net constantly (in the past he seemed to have a good shot at least). He doesn't have puck skills and isn't a great passer and isn't particularly physical or effective in the corners. Seems like a waste of a roster spot. That breakaway whiff was cringe-worthy.

Also, it'd be nice to get some more offense out of guys like Marleau, Brown, Gauthier, Ennis, Johnsson, even Lindholm.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Is it me or does Leivo ****ing BLOW this season? The dude seems to miss the net constantly (in the past he seemed to have a good shot at least). He doesn't have puck skills and isn't a great passer and isn't particularly physical or effective in the corners. Seems like a waste of a roster spot. That breakaway whiff was cringe-worthy.

Also, it'd be nice to get some more offense out of guys like Marleau, Brown, Gauthier, Ennis, Johnsson, even Lindholm.
Why dont you start a thread on them as well?
Why only Leivo?

Reactions: rumman and hotpaws

Incetardis

Sep 17, 2013
I don't necessarily disagree but playing on a line with a useless Gauthier and a struggling Johansson or Ennis isn't helping him out. Still early in the season so I'm hoping he can turn it around. The whole bottom 6, including Kadri has been real disappointing considering how deep the forward group looked coming into the season. I feel like babs has to get more creative with his lineups

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Well, put it this way, it must be a reason why he sat in the press box last year. He is a serviceable NHL player and nothing more.

Reactions: Ricky Bobby

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland

There's a reason Babcock kept him in the press box.

Reactions: ElbowLander

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
We will see who wants to be a regular while Matthews is out, whoever doesn't, goes to the Marlies and should be replaced.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
He needs to be used properly.

You can't line him up with with Kadri/Brown/Gauthier/etc. because there's no speed on the line and they get bogged down. I like him beside Kadri, but you need someone like Kapanen on the other flank instead of Brown to back off defenders and make some room for Leivo.

When he has room he is a threat.

Reactions: Lauro and thewave

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

You can't line him up with with Kadri/Brown/Gauthier/etc. because there's no speed on the line and they get bogged down. I like him beside Kadri, but you need someone like Kapanen on the other flank instead of Brown to back off defenders and make some room for Leivo.

This. I thought he's had a pretty quality start to the season. He's not producing much, but when he's one the ice it always seems like he's winning puck battles, and seems like the Leafs are usually in the other end. Unfortunately like you've suggested maybe he needs a bit more space. He wins the puck battles but when it comes time to produce something from them there's not enough space. For me he's been the best player on the 2nd PP unit so IDK what that other guy is seeing.

As for tonight the puck clearly hopped over his stick as he was going to try to shoot it. Can better players control that more? Maybe, but that happens to everyone on occasion.

Reactions: Saint Blue

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007

When has he shown that?

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
He frustrates me when he's on the PP. If he just played on the fourth line, then whatever.
It's been weird that way this season.

The centers for Marleau, Brown, Levio are always different.

Seems like all Babcock wants from them is go forecheck, go backcheck. Getting use to their new center and be creative making plays appears to be an after-thought.

:baghead:

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
This. I thought he's had a pretty quality start to the season. He's not producing much, but when he's one the ice it always seems like he's winning puck battles, and seems like the Leafs are usually in the other end. Unfortunately like you've suggested maybe he needs a bit more space. He wins the puck battles but when it comes time to produce something from them there's not enough space. For me he's been the best player on the 2nd PP unit so IDK what that other guy is seeing.

As for tonight the puck clearly hopped over his stick as he was going to try to shoot it. Can better players control that more? Maybe, but that happens to everyone on occasion.

He seems to miss the net a LOT. Maybe I'm seeing things.

Reactions: thewave

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes