Joshua Ho-Sang, Center/Right-wing, 1st Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
You forgot about Latino, as his mother is from Chile.

No way!!!! This kid is awesome. He could bring peace to the world lol

Seriously though after watching his interviews I'm in love with his kid.

I'm not sure Johnny is though, Ho sang def gonna go through some hazing.

Was hilarious how excited he was to be one the same team as Dal Colle. He was so excited he totally dismissed playing with Johnny. Lol it was awesome. Unintentional of course.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Hockey is the only sport out of the big 4 where a player with confidence is considered a charachter issue and that charachter issue can lead to a drop in draft rating.

Charachter concerns in other sports are ****, dui's, drugs, and assault.

The nhl has a bunch of choir boys and to think that overconfidence is a charachter concern is laughable. I hope Ho sang dominates in the nhl.

This post was made by a Flyers fan over on the Prospects/Draft board. Just thought I'd repost it here as it's spot on.

Fan101

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Honestly listening to him, what they are calling controversial is typical of a type "a" personality, but not like he's talking hockey revolution. His dad is a tennis pro so I'm sure he's been well mentored and sure will need some guidance, but what young person doesn't need this. If Dal Colle fulfills his promise he may be prove to be his ace since they are friends. Maybe we drafted our version of the Sedins. Maybe he was a bit too strong for the Canadian media but in the NY media and NY sports scene he's a young pup.:yo:

mitchy22

Aug 19, 2002
Visit site
I'm a fan of the move and the pick. We made the obvious pick at #5 that I am also a fan of. We then moved up and took a shot at a guy who is in the top tier of talent in the draft, but needs more molding.

The kid has an immense amount of skill with the puck from what I've seen. I'll worry about teaching him defense and how to properly behave along the way when the kid already has the harder/impossible to teach/train attributes you want in a scoring winger.

:),
Mitch

Sorge Georos

Apr 28, 2009
LI
This post was made by a Flyers fan over on the Prospects/Draft board. Just thought I'd repost it here as it's spot on.

But Ron Hextall says he wouldn't draft him, therefore he'll bust. :sarcasm:

But being a thug on ice like Ron Hextall is celebrated in the NHL. It means you'll do whatever it takes to win.

David Volek1993

Jan 6, 2014
I love this kids attitude and talent. I will be rooting hard for him to shut up all the haters. Hopefully he can be our next Ziggy one day.

scott99

May 13, 2005
I love this kids attitude and talent. I will be rooting hard for him to shut up all the haters. Hopefully he can be our next Ziggy one day.

Hey, David Volek is here, how's that Islander's sale coming along, didn't your "source" say it was a done deal ?

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
Gotta love his hands, skating, balance and skills...my only immediate concern is that he is exactly my ht/wt: 5-10/165 lbs., and I get pushed off the puck by bigger players at times. He will need to add some 15-20 lbs to be a successful NHL player, IMO. Given that he is only 18, he will likely grow a few inches taller and add the weight along the way.

David Volek1993

Jan 6, 2014
Hey, David Volek is here, how's that Islander's sale coming along, didn't your "source" say it was a done deal ?

Yes he told me it was done and i trusted him as he is a long time friend. He was wrong so sorry about that. Won't post anything anymore with the possible sale anymore. Bild has a pretty good scope on what's going on.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Gotta love his hands, skating, balance and skills...my only immediate concern is that he is exactly my ht/wt: 5-10/165 lbs., and I get pushed off the puck by bigger players at times. He will need to add some 15-20 lbs to be a successful NHL player, IMO. Given that he is only 18, he will likely grow a few inches taller and add the weight along the way.

He does look stocky though, seems like he has a low center of gravity. Plus, not only is he fast, he's very shifty so he's tough to hit head on. Plus he goes to the dirty spots. He may turn out to be a Danny Briere type.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Posted this in the Prospects thread. People really seem to think this kid wont make it due to his "attitude" and "selfish" play.

the Islanders have a Tight young mature core whom all have grown together...

Lead by High Character Captain Tavares, everyone falls in line and follows suit...Ho-Sang will be the same...

The Isles young core/Building Blocks are filled with high character guys and Leaders.

Tavares Strome de Hann Lee Cizikas Reinhart and Pulock were all captains of thier Junior teams(Notre Dame for Lee).

Throw in guys like Hamonic Okposo Nelson and Martin, you have a great room for young players to be part of.

By the time Ho-Sang is 21-22 and able to make the Islanders he will have a great supporting cast. Tavares will still be young and in his prime(27-28) leading the Isles...

not to mention another High Character kid and Close Ho-Sang friend in Dal Colle

LetsGoIslanders

Mar 6, 2005
NYC
I really did not want Josh Ho-Sang. I think there are different issues than Kabanov, but there are still issues. In fact, I railed against him on the prospect board. He said the right things post-draft, and I hope Pierre McGuire was right in saying maybe JT and KO can set him on the correct track. He's friends with MDC, so he has a good OHL character pal there.

I won't hold my breath.

I really hope he takes his drafting to be a re-birth of sorts.

Take the first non-Kabanov step, Josh! Show up on time to your first day of prospect camp.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
I'm a fan of the move and the pick. We made the obvious pick at #5 that I am also a fan of. We then moved up and took a shot at a guy who is in the top tier of talent in the draft, but needs more molding.

The kid has an immense amount of skill with the puck from what I've seen. I'll worry about teaching him defense and how to properly behave along the way when the kid already has the harder/impossible to teach/train attributes you want in a scoring winger.

:),
Mitch

Agreed. One thing that strikes me about his highlight video is that he is willing to go to the net despite his size. And he will grow. He will probably come into the league at around 6' and 180 lbs. Not big, but big enough.

As for his attitude, after listening to/reading interviews I'm a fan. Yes, he has some learning to do, but he seems willing.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I believe at the very least, he will get a full 6 game look. I think the rules changed to 6 instead of 9. He never really got a chance to play on BPs top line. Kabby is the type of guy that can't produce with limited ice time. When he receives enough, he can contribute. He has also proved that he can at least play amongst men in a superior league (SEL). If given the same icetime as he's had in Sweden in BP..he can do the same. I think Garf will give an honest look at Kabby before he decides what to do with him.

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com
I believe at the very least, he will get a full 6 game look. I think the rules changed to 6 instead of 9. He never really got a chance to play on BPs top line. Kabby is the type of guy that can't produce with limited ice time. When he receives enough, he can contribute. He has also proved that he can at least play amongst men in a superior league (SEL). If given the same icetime as he's had in Sweden in BP..he can do the same. I think Garf will give an honest look at Kabby before he decides what to do with him.

what rule are you talking about? the service time clock/ Canadian juniors rule. that doesn't apply to kabanov he's been a pro for two seasons.

kabanov is basically going to have to reinvent himself to have a chance at getting a sniff at the NHL.

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006

Kabanov is not cracking top six minutes on the Isles at this point. Unless he morphs into a scoring machine at the Bridge he needs to become a bottom six winger to play in this league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad