Cut/Released: Josh Rosen

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They tried to trade him, which he hasn’t put anything on tape this year so, that’s a hard thing to do. He should try to get in Jacksonville, that’ll be his best chance to see the field.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
They tried to trade him, which he hasn’t put anything on tape this year so, that’s a hard thing to do. He should try to get in Jacksonville, that’ll be his best chance to see the field.

That wouldn’t be so bad, any other team QB hungry? Pittsburgh to back up Big Ben?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That wouldn’t be so bad, any other team QB hungry? Pittsburgh to back up Big Ben?
I don’t think he would go ahead of either one of Rudolph or Hodges.

The pandemic being what it is, if I were him, next year, I’d look into going to Canada. Yeah it’s Canada, but I’d want to get on a field, and work with coaches, and get some stability and not get jerked around and just run an offense. Do it while you’re young enough, and hopefully in a couple years get another look.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I don’t think he would go ahead of either one of Rudolph or Hodges.

The pandemic being what it is, if I were him, next year, I’d look into going to Canada. Yeah it’s Canada, but I’d want to get on a field, and work with coaches, and get some stability and not get jerked around and just run an offense. Do it while you’re young enough, and hopefully in a couple years get another look.

Like Flutie and Moon, makes sense.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I could see Rams or Broncos taking look

Both have pretty bad #2 QB situations

I am old school and would carry 3 QB's on roster but most NFL teams seem to go with 2 QB's nowadays so that hurts guys like Rosen

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I could see Rams or Broncos taking look

Both have pretty bad #2 QB situations

I am old school and would carry 3 QB's on roster but most NFL teams seem to go with 2 QB's nowadays so that hurts guys like Rosen
If you are Rosen and if you get to pick your club, I’d basically be looking for a team where I had a chance to compete for a job next season. A week before the season opener, so no chance to get up to speed and learn the new offense this season.

I could pick, I’d pick any of these teams:
SF, LAR, TB, CAR, DAL, NE, Min, Chi, Pit.
Leaving out Jax cause they are tanking and will end up drafting a qb so back onto the market again.

SF cause Jimmy G will have almost no guaranteed money left so could get cut anytime.
LAR back to west coast and a excellent offensive HC.
TB, Brady will be around for 2 more years so learn from the best.
Dal, they have to either commit or cut Dak.
Min they re did Cousins contract so likely gave him another year basically.

goal would be to learn this season and have a shot next season. As the #10 pick he was guaranteed like $16-$18 mill over the 4 years of his rookie deal.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
As a UCLA fan its sad to see how its went for him. I really thought he was going to be a very good QB. He was put into the two worst situations, and the one in Miami was doomed from the start as they looked to Tua within two months of adding Rosen. Pittsburgh is a good fit, maybe the Rams. I think Pittsburgh is more ideal, he is seen as a long term successor to Ben so he won't be rushed plus they have a good group of receivers and an O-line.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
As a UCLA fan its sad to see how its went for him. I really thought he was going to be a very good QB. He was put into the two worst situations, and the one in Miami was doomed from the start as they looked to Tua within two months of adding Rosen. Pittsburgh is a good fit, maybe the Rams. I think Pittsburgh is more ideal, he is seen as a long term successor to Ben so he won't be rushed plus they have a good group of receivers and an O-line.

Cant blame the situations as Murray and Fitzpatrick both overcame them. Rosen just isnt that good and his character has always been a question mark.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Cant blame the situations as Murray and Fitzpatrick both overcame them. Rosen just isnt that good and his character has always been a question mark.

I can’t blame Rosen for being confident in himself but this press conference was a death blow.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Murray's situation is not comparable to Rosen's, Fitzpatrick is a known streaky QB. Also if you have watched Rosen's film in Miami, there is a lot of promising throws, just needs to sit behind someone like Big Ben.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012

I can’t blame Rosen for being confident in himself but this press conference was a death blow.

Confidence and cockiness is great if you have the skills and production to back it up. Rosen reminds me of Manziel. Huge ego. There were concerns predraft of Rosen and how much football actually means to him, coming from a wealthy family and all.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Confidence and cockiness is great if you have the skills and production to back it up. Rosen reminds me of Manziel. Huge ego. There were concerns predraft of Rosen and how much football actually means to him, coming from a wealthy family and all.

Ouch, yeah that’s rough.
Rosen does seem to have an ego, from interviews he seems as though he’s the man to lead a team to glory. Not sure how his work ethic is, I’m sure it’s fine but his mechanics and skill set could be failing him.

Whatevee worked for him in the past is not doing him favors now.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Word on the street is that they loved his arm but he never really learned how to properly read the defenses.
As the 10th pick he for $17.5 mill guaranteed. $10 mill in a SB and already 2 years base salary.

so it’s up to him what kind of nfl career he wants and whether he is willing to put on the work.
This season is a wash in terms of getting into the field imo. He has to learn a new offense a week before the season begins.

Pick the best situation to be in for the 2021 season. Learn from someone and put yourself in a position to compete for the job next year. Spend this season learning the offense. That would be my advice to him.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
I think Titans should pick him up.

I think Tannehill will regress to the means. Not that Rosen is a proven, good QB, but you never know.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

It's too late now for him to be ready to get into a game should anything happen to Brady. We will see come October if he is actually able to be out the backup to suit up for a game as the actual backup.

Chris P Bacon

May 17, 2020
United States
He must be completely insufferable.

Top 10 pick. Pitches a fit at the draft and slightly walks it back saying he only meant the QB’s.

Drafted by Arizona. They immediately cut bait and draft Kyler Murray #1 overall the next year.

Goes to Miami. They take Tua at #5 the next draft.

Those both say he’s just awful.

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
He must be completely insufferable.

Top 10 pick. Pitches a fit at the draft and slightly walks it back saying he only meant the QB’s.

Drafted by Arizona. They immediately cut bait and draft Kyler Murray #1 overall the next year.

Goes to Miami. They take Tua at #5 the next draft.

Those both say he’s just awful.

thats what I’m thinking. Something just doesn’t add up if both of those teams looked at him and were like “nope” that quickly. He has such a top notch arm though - I think it almost has to be personality fit issues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad