Player Discussion William Nylander

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
With his diagnosis having been released, I think he'll play tonight.

I don't think they would have released his medical issue if he wasn't almost ready to come back.

Just a guess.

Another key question is ... why are migraines so common ? It can't be "normal".

Last edited:
Reactions: Jojalu

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
With his diagnosis having been released, I think he'll play tonight.

I don't think they would have released his medical issue if he wasn't almost ready to come back.

Just a guess.

Another key question is ... why are migraines so common ? It can't be "normal".
That's an issue if he plays tonight because the rest of the team is playing tomorrow night.

;)

All kidding aside I get bad headaches once or twice a year. They could possibly be migraines. I do know one thing: I can't do anything, but lay in bed and wait for them to go away. I pretty much can't do anything let alone put on skates/hockey equipment.

I really hope this is not a "f*** you" to the coach or bitterness. I have never in all my years heard of a player missing 3 playoff games due to a migraine. What I suspect is that he is suffering from a post concussion issue. He's probably foggy and not 100% on his game. MLSE are guarding that because of the controversy, media anxiety spreading machine, and they also don't want him to be a target.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
You mean when he got flattened around 15 games before the end of regular season ?
Yeah the one that happened in the 2nd period, at 15:34:23 (I included milliseconds), in the year 2024 (year or our lord).

What kind of question is that?

Does it matter if he got a concussion in game 60 or is game 67 specific enough for your singular interest?

Bluebear

Nov 30, 2018
That's an issue if he plays tonight because the rest of the team is playing tomorrow night.

;)

All kidding aside I get bad headaches once or twice a year. They could possibly be migraines. I do know one thing: I can't do anything, but lay in bed and wait for them to go away. I pretty much can't do anything let alone put on skates/hockey equipment.

I really hope this is not a "f*** you" to the coach or bitterness. I have never in all my years heard of a player missing 3 playoff games due to a migraine. What I suspect is that he is suffering from a post concussion issue. He's probably foggy and not 100% on his game. MLSE are guarding that because of the controversy, media anxiety spreading machine, and they also don't want him to be a target.
me too, except i keep the tylenol w/ codeine #2 you can get if you ask at the Drugstore for when it happens and usually I can get to sleep after and im ok after a nap and some water.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
It really sucks to lose your second-best player. Incredible Boston is barely beating Toronto with Nylander out of the lineup. But anyone questioning his injury is just out of their minds. He would be playing, if he could. The kid has done tons for the franchise. An amazing talent. Of course, somehow Sabres ended up with the poor man's Nylander. I hope he can come back. Boston should have to earn this series.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Difference being that you can give the benefit of the doubt to certain players, Nylander tried to big man the team into giving him more money, he doesn't show up in the playoffs and now he's not playing after playing 82 games and skating....after getting the biggest contract of his life.
Considering that he and Mo are the two who have shown up the most in the playoffs, maybe we should be giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Reactions: LivingRentFree

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Yea I’ve had a migraine before, if it was so severe it prevented me from skating and shooting a puck , I wouldn’t be out there to begin with. That’s why this doesn’t make any sense.
If he has a migraine and is still out there trying to see if he can play with it, it only makes sense if he's really serious about playing in the playoffs.

Which makes a lot more sense that the idea that 'he just doesn't feel like playing today".

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
That’s what I’m saying, I’ve dealt with migraines and the after effects , you don’t spend 50 min on the ice if you have migraine symptoms , you’d throw up.
It depends on the severity, and maybe he's tougher than some people would like to believe.

Reactions: Menzinger

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Based on his 8 year career, where I am sure he has been sore or injured beforr, he has never missed a game.

I find it really difficult to fathom that all of a sudden he is choosing not to play.

That makes zero sense.
I've kind of given up trying to reason with him.

Despite no evidence to support his view and all the evidence to the contrary, he seems to really believe that Willy has suddenly and for no apparent reason decided he just doesn't want to play right now.

Reactions: Jojalu and arso40

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019

That's the attitude we want, not getting the least bit phased by the media

A player doesn’t say this and NOT dominate. It sounds like nylander is dialed in already

Come on willy, if you suit up DOMINATE. Give us the first 60 games of nylander. Carry the cock and holmberg

Reactions: authentic

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Annoyingly there's video of him taking a walk around Yonge and St. Clair (with his dog + a woman) now circulating on social which I'm sure the media are going to have a field day with. Annoying because the media will likely blow it into something that it's not.
Yes! Anyone who is capable of walking a dog is obviously capable of playing hockey at the NHL level.

Where does my 84 year old mother-in-law sign up? :laugh:

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015

If hes not playing game #4 he might as well take the rest of the series off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad