Cut/Released: Josh Rosen

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
To be fair here

Both organizations are dysfunctional and have been run in recent years so poorly that they are viewed as laughing stocks (Especially Dolphins) and only reason either was in position to draft Tuo or Murry was because they bottomed out

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
thats what I’m thinking. Something just doesn’t add up if both of those teams looked at him and were like “nope” that quickly. He has such a top notch arm though - I think it almost has to be personality fit issues.
Actually I think it's quite simple. He knows how to throw a football but he doesn't know how to "play" football. All the physical skills but lacking the brains/mentality to figure things out. Sort of the Anti Brady. The Bucs are a great place to see if he can do so.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
As someone who is a big UCLA fan and wants Josh Rosen to succeed, I can confirm the guy is a massive prick. I know people that have played with him that have all told me that.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
As someone who is a big UCLA fan and wants Josh Rosen to succeed, I can confirm the guy is a massive prick. I know people that have played with him that have all told me that.

His ego was hurt in that QB draft, also his mechanics are terrible. Word spreads fast about a player, it seems like every interview he sound like ‘well I’ll show them’ kind of arrogance.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
thats what I’m thinking. Something just doesn’t add up if both of those teams looked at him and were like “nope” that quickly. He has such a top notch arm though - I think it almost has to be personality fit issues.
Very fluid passer. Similar to Goff I’m throwing a quality pass. But more a traditional pocket guy than someone who makes thing s happen if they break down.

AZ, new HC so not married to him plus his style of offense is best run by a mobile guy.

Miami, needed massive changes and unless Flores truly liked Rosen they should not have acquired him for a late 2nd. Maybe they thought take a shot. If it works out you’ve got a QB for a low cost. But he didn’t play that great.

surprised he was cut simply due to covid.

see how he handles being in TB. I like the I’ll show them mentality, but that needs to go along with a what do I need to do to get better mindset. TB seems like a great spot for him. Unlike Jimmy G who made like $4 mill on his rookie deal Rosen got paid so he can afford to sit and learn.
This season is a wash in terms of actually playing. But it’s about learning for him. Only issue I see is that arians is not a long term solution in TB. May only last as long as Brady is around. So potentially a 4th offense for him to learn in 5 seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad