Josh Leivo

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
I think it's Marleau who plays with Matthews and Nylander. Could see Hyman as a long term 3rd liner, but could also see him getting pushed down if Grundstrom/Rychel turn out

I like JVR in a role that the defensive warts are hidden too

Yeah they really need to separate JVR and Bozak. Babcock made it sound like he didn't have any line combo options last year, but he can't use that excuse again.
I can't see Hyman on the 4th line, so I think you're right about being on the third line.

I still think a few bodies will be shipped out before the season starts

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Ideally I think Hyman should be a long term Leo replacement, (riding shotgun with Kadri) we need someone like a Tkachuk with Matthews on the LW. Or yes someone with more finish/grease who can play the Hyman role. But we don't have that and with Nylander on one side, Hyman gets the nod over a JVR for line requirements despite JVRs superior offense. JVR must be placed in a more sheltered scoring position.

The Marner/JVR/Bozak line already got the most sheltered usage last year. So I'm not sure how Babcock could do anything else with JVR

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Leivo is going to be part of a package deal and will be traded at some point this coming season

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
both coaching regimes hasnt separated bozak and jvr since forever, they must be seeing something i would think, i dont see them being broken up now when so much has changed over the years but one constant is these two are always together

besides with babs liking to play leo kadri and brown against top lines, and than matthews is next over the boards, they are often matched up against weaker competition

also no way leivo is moved i think, theres roster spots opening up very soon, the cap doesnt allow us to keep this elite offense together

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
After the signing of Brown, i wouldn't be surprised if he is moved.

doubt Brown's signing has an effect on immediate plans for Leivo, would think that signing Brown was never in doubt and especially back when Leivo was protected

also think that Leivo's current market value is low enough that we'd be smarter to hold on him and give him some more playing time to see if last year was real, if it was his value is considerably higher than current

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Does Kadri have a no trade clause?

Cheap Lou should give Levio a no trade clause and pay him peanuts.

Leafs Nation extends far and wide across the dominion from coast to coast, sans belle province.

Home town boy Levio should be the ultimate Leafs fan!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad