Josh Leivo

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Whatever is going on I get the feeling Babcock isn't a fan. So he probably won't play for the big club, or get the Corrado treatment

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
the insider on the panthers board (if I remember correctly this guy called the entire bolland trade before it was announced and 1 or 2 more) says the panthers are up to something, i was thinking they need scoring maybe could be for Leivo with a similar D coming back maybe

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
well our entire team is based upon skating and speed, we're one of fastest teams in league...and leivo, well hes our worst skating prospect imo

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
the insider on the panthers board (if I remember correctly this guy called the entire bolland trade before it was announced and 1 or 2 more) says the panthers are up to something, i was thinking they need scoring maybe could be for Leivo with a similar D coming back maybe

Very possible, I think Leivo had to be added back to the squad today or go on waivers and as he hasn't gone on waivers...

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
well our entire team is based upon skating and speed, we're one of fastest teams in league...and leivo, well hes our worst skating prospect imo

End of the season Babcock directly addressed Leivo saying he needed to have an NHL summer and I feel like he didn't because of the way he is being handled.
#corrado2.0

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
End of the season Babcock directly addressed Leivo saying he needed to have an NHL summer and I feel like he didn't because of the way he is being handled.
#corrado2.0

He was injured. Which weirdly Babcock alluded to being his own fault which is very strange. He has to come back up very soon so if babcock is going to be a dick and not play him for that then i don't know what to think. Babcock seems to make his mind up on players far too quickly. Hating Corrado, Loving Hyman & Hunwick even willy nylander whole team stinks who gets moved to the 4th line? not the actual 4th liner on the Matthews line no Nylander one of the best offense players on our team. He is an arrogant POS who wont change his stubborn mind because "he is the best coach in the game"

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Babcock doesn't seem to be very kind to very many of the old regime guys.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
He was injured. Which weirdly Babcock alluded to being his own fault which is very strange. He has to come back up very soon so if babcock is going to be a dick and not play him for that then i don't know what to think. Babcock seems to make his mind up on players far too quickly. Hating Corrado, Loving Hyman & Hunwick even willy nylander whole team stinks who gets moved to the 4th line? not the actual 4th liner on the Matthews line no Nylander one of the best offense players on our team. He is an arrogant POS who wont change his stubborn mind because "he is the best coach in the game"
I admit that some moves Babcock makes, makes me wonder, but I still think he is one of the best coaches on the planet.
Imo there is a huge teaching factor going on that is forcing some of these decisions he's making. These guys he seems to favor even though we have more talented players in the wings waiting seem to make the 'safe' plays, or at least try to.
Last game Hyman entered the O zone with Matthews trailing him. Hyman ran into the defense and instead of a drop pass to Matthews, which I personally yelled at him through the tv for not doing, at the blueline (high danger zone for a turn over) he dumped it softly into the corner and went and fought for it.
Babcock sees that and says yes! That's the right play there. Not flashy, less chance that we get a scoring opportunity than the drop pass option, but also a lot safe than the drop pass option.
Babcock has said over and over that the team needs to learn how to keep the puck out of our net and plays like that make it hard for us to score but even harder for the other team to score. Also that we need to learn how to score off the cycle and generate offense from defense.
Imo that's why he is sticking to his guns with his line selections.
When Willie and Matthews start to do that, hopefully we see Sosh on their line instead of hyman?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I admit that some moves Babcock makes, makes me wonder, but I still think he is one of the best coaches on the planet.
Imo there is a huge teaching factor going on that is forcing some of these decisions he's making. These guys he seems to favor even though we have more talented players in the wings waiting seem to make the 'safe' plays, or at least try to.
Last game Hyman entered the O zone with Matthews trailing him. Hyman ran into the defense and instead of a drop pass to Matthews, which I personally yelled at him through the tv for not doing, at the blueline (high danger zone for a turn over) he dumped it softly into the corner and went and fought for it.
Babcock sees that and says yes! That's the right play there. Not flashy, less chance that we get a scoring opportunity than the drop pass option, but also a lot safe than the drop pass option.
Babcock has said over and over that the team needs to learn how to keep the puck out of our net and plays like that make it hard for us to score but even harder for the other team to score. Also that we need to learn how to score off the cycle and generate offense from defense.
Imo that's why he is sticking to his guns with his line selections.
When Willie and Matthews start to do that, hopefully we see Sosh on their line instead of hyman?

Interesting theory, there may well be something to this. Babcock is more than likely considering all kinds of things we're not aware of or even thinking about. I'm not saying he's never wrong, just that he probably deserves more credit than some people want to give him.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Interesting theory, there may well be something to this. Babcock is more than likely considering all kinds of things we're not aware of or even thinking about. I'm not saying he's never wrong, just that he probably deserves more credit than some people want to give him.

Ya what you said has a ring of truth to it. Nobody is infallible. He is a very good teacher. What he's don't with Kadri is very impressive.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013

I don't find this strange. I believe a lot of injuries can be avoided if you put the work in (in regards to fitness).

To me, Babcock saying that, speaks to Leivo not putting in the work in the off season.

Also, Leivo has been oft injured his whole career. It's quite possible he didn't put in the work in physical therapy or rehab. It's possible he was advised to do certain excerises during the summer and it became apparent to Babcock that he didn't.

I'm not saying this is the case but why would Babcock say something like that for no reason. We all know how much Babcock respects players that put in the work.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Very possible, I think Leivo had to be added back to the squad today or go on waivers and as he hasn't gone on waivers...

wow the panthers board has a legit insider. He gives clues to initials (no idea why he cant outright says names but he was spot on like 6 hours ago. Luke Shaw for M Scarbossa

I know he has of others he called way before too! i wish we had one but unlikely with our management

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
He was on a 3 game or 6 day conditioning stint. He's played 4 games so you have to assume they got a 2 game extension on that. So barring another extension which I'm not sure is even allowed they'll have to make a move after Saturday's Marlies game. So check Sunday's waivers list when it comes out.

TMLS

Oct 30, 2013
London, Ontario

most overated coach in the history on nhl. winning with stacked teams like prime red wings, team canada dont mean jack. just look at how he manages the lines and falls in love with scrubs like hyman and hunwick. he did that in detroit too with cleary but didnt show as much since the whole team was stacked and in thier prime. i really hope he gets fired and they replace him with a younger coach that uses advanced stats for lineups and matchups instead of going by feel.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
most overated coach in the history on nhl. winning with stacked teams like prime red wings, team canada dont mean jack. just look at how he manages the lines and falls in love with scrubs like hyman and hunwick. he did that in detroit too with cleary but didnt show as much since the whole team was stacked and in thier prime. i really hope he gets fired and they replace him with a younger coach that uses advanced stats for lineups and matchups instead of going by feel.

He won't be fired, not a chance in hell. Maybe at the end of year 5. He's was the best coach that was avaialable I would take him over any coach that has been hired in the las 3 years. He is not the best NHL coach but one of them

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
He is an arrogant POS who wont change his stubborn mind because "he is the best coach in the game"

Am I reading this correctly? He is making decisions because of an inflated ego? If I missed the sarcasm - maybe an icon would help here.

I think its apparent that Babcock is quite open to using a plethora of players as we saw last season.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Am I reading this correctly? He is making decisions because of an inflated ego? If I missed the sarcasm - maybe an icon would help here.

I think its apparent that Babcock is quite open to using a plethora of players as we saw last season.

ok arrogant POS in terms of playing low/no skill players higher up the line up to show how great he is. All forward lines have been shuffled a little bit minimum, but has never been removed from Matthews side? that is babcock showing "look i am turning this 4th liner into a 1st liner" except in this case the player wont get get 25 points where as cleary has a few 40 point seasons. No surprise if you look at his stats as soon as babs left he went straight to the AHL.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
ok arrogant POS in terms of playing low/no skill players higher up the line up to show how great he is. All forward lines have been shuffled a little bit minimum, but has never been removed from Matthews side? that is babcock showing "look i am turning this 4th liner into a 1st liner" except in this case the player wont get get 25 points where as cleary has a few 40 point seasons. No surprise if you look at his stats as soon as babs left he went straight to the AHL.

Ok.Thanks. I was just scratching my trying to figure out how I missed the sarcasm. I feel better that now I know I can still read correctly. Lol.

I can't agree with your position. I have a ton of respect for Babcock and could never refer to him as an arrogant POS. So, I will just leave that with you.

Northern Dancer

The future ain't what it used to be.
Mar 2, 2002
5 K from the ACC

Then why would they want Leivo?

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Ok.Thanks. I was just scratching my trying to figure out how I missed the sarcasm. I feel better that now I know I can still read correctly. Lol.

I can't agree with your position. I have a ton of respect for Babcock and could never refer to him as an arrogant POS. So, I will just leave that with you.

ok POS was too strong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad