Josh Leivo

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
Does Leivo have a long-term future here, or is he simply a place holder for the next couple years? Guy has a hell of a shot, and puts up great numbers in the AHL. Don't know if he's going to be another Matt Frattin or actually carve something out at the NHL level though.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Does Leivo have a long-term future here, or is he simply a place holder for the next couple years? Guy has a hell of a shot, and puts up great numbers in the AHL. Don't know if he's going to be another Matt Frattin or actually carve something out at the NHL level though.

You cant teach instincts for a good shot, you can teach fitness.

If Babcock didn't think Leivo could be a valuable player, he wouldn't comment on his fitness.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Seems like Leivo knows what he has to do in the off-season to have a spot on this roster next year.

Could be a 2nd liner, always felt he would have been an ideal 3rd liner, but who knows? Maybe there is even more unlocked potential there if he steps it up in the fitness department.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
They obviously see Leivo more, and more in-depth than anyone. What they're saying is for his best in the long run IMO

Slush

Jan 26, 2016
Calgary, Canada
If he keeps on developing into a good NHL player he can stay with the Leafs for a long time to come. Especially with the Leafs Rebuild he has just a good chance to stay with the team as any player.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
One thing that is in this favour is that he plays a heavy game along the boards, which Babcock loves. I see him being a quality 3rd liner.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
True. I am a bit biased because I see josh doing good work against the boards which makes me think he is strong, but I will not question babcock. Haha

I'm also going off of my personal views. I went to high school with Leivo and see him around town every so often in the summers. Def needs to add some muscle imo.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Seems easy though, if Leivo has the summer of his life, he's on this roster next year.

It's the difference between making 95k versus 925k - I mean he has every motivation to kill it this summer.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I'm also going off of my personal views. I went to high school with Leivo and see him around town every so often in the summers. Def needs to add some muscle imo.

Hopefully he gets the message, because babs and lou will have no issue sending him back down or trading him if he doesn't make the needed adjustments. And I wouldn't want to lose him.
Tell him the hf crew are pulling for him. Haha

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
If he can become a fitness freak over the summer, he could see some 3rd line duties, 2nd line if there are some injuries.

I want him to become a 2nd/3rd line twener who play second PP unit. You dont see it in the NHL yet, but he had a wicked one timer in junior, could be good along the wall on the PP.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Seems easy though, if Leivo has the summer of his life, he's on this roster next year.

It's the difference between making 95k versus 925k - I mean he has every motivation to kill it this summer.

I know I would! Hahah
It also shows why some of these kids turn to PED's, thats some good cheddar right there.

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
I don't think there is any way Leivo passes through waivers next year. So if he doesn't make the team he is gone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad