Player Discussion: Josh Ho-Sang Pt II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
As per incarcerated bob JHS is being shopped. He had a disciplinary violation and that was his last chance.

I dont know how to post tweets so sorry.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Really don't believe IB and unsure about his sources but I would not be surprised.

I think Bob is a smart guy who analyzes the situation, comes to a logical conclusion (JHS on the move), then makes crap up and posts it. It's like saying "sources are telling me that Trotz is likely a finalist for the Jack Adams"...yeah no crap.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
That's a shame, if true. And if it is true, JHS can only blame himself. IB has his connections, so I wouldn't doubt if he was right.

It's a shame, because we need his skill, but we don't need his lack of discipline and it shouldn't be tolerated.

Agree but if this kid doesn't wanna commit to what the coaches want to do, he needs to go. With his reputation, the return is gonna be small.

Last edited:
Reactions: Konk

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I think Bob is a smart guy who analyzes the situation, comes to a logical conclusion (JHS on the move), then makes crap up and posts it. It's like saying "sources are telling me that Trotz is likely a finalist for the Jack Adams"...yeah no crap.

100% true here. He has also deleted tweets before as well (maybe not regarding the Islanders) which makes me not like him too much. He does a ton of betting on his twitter account and at times when he is wrong he will delete the tweets.

Reactions: nyscene

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
100% true here. He has also deleted tweets before as well (maybe not regarding the Islanders) which makes me not like him too much. He does a ton of betting on his twitter account and at times when he is wrong he will delete the tweets.

Hopefully he is wrong.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL

Absolutely. It also doesn't make sense that his source would tell him it was due to a disciplinary violation (making his value even lower) AND Bob would mention that part. If you were Bob's source and told him that and he went public with that, you'd think twice about telling him again.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

DalGoal4Cups

Meet me at Belmont
Dec 4, 2011
If he is trade it will more than likely be for an under performing prospect. Why not roll the dice with a C prospect that hasn't hit his stride and see what trotz can do.

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
I think Bob is correct but honestly, shopping this guy now is good, he's not a net positive player. If you can get a team to give u a 2nd round pick you jump all over that. He doesn't rack up points with a normal defensive coaching system, and doesn't shoot the puck or kill penalties or have any size. Will always be getting demoted because noe teamwill look at him as a regular player.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
I think Bob is correct but honestly, shopping this guy now is good, he's not a net positive player. If you can get a team to give u a 2nd round pick you jump all over that. He doesn't rack up points with a normal defensive coaching system, and doesn't shoot the puck or kill penalties or have any size. Will always be getting demoted because noe teamwill look at him as a regular player.
JHS' value is near zilch, not the best time for a trade. I trust what Trotz said about him going down and coming back as a better player. He could have said nothing, why would he lie?

OpAck

Feb 19, 2004
Wilmington, NC
Come to think of it...didn't JHS tweet out a bunch "stuff" a week or two ago? The tweets are gone and I can't remember what they were, but I remember kinda cringing and thinking that it might not go over too well.

I wonder if it's related to that.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
When it comes to the islanders he’s been more right.

I find that like Eklund,he tosses a lot of s*** up against a wall .

Someone on twitter will ask Arthur Staple or Andrew Gross .I find both a lot more credible then IB.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Eklund is almost always wrong. I guess we will find out in a months time. Would not be surprised at all if he is traded.

Each time JHS opened his mouth and made a blunt statement instead of giving a PC answer,I read that this was the last straw,that the isles were done with him.

I also recall fans posting that during demotions. As you say ..we will find out in a month's time .

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
I usually trust Bob. He has a lot of connections within the organization. He was once asked if there were any NYI trade rumors, and he answered that "there are none to report because Lou doesn't leak anything."

So I don't know, I tend to believe it, and am gravely disappointed if he really slipped up again.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
That's a shame, if true. And if it is true, JHS can only blame himself. IB has his connections, so I wouldn't doubt if he was right.

It's a shame, because we need his skill, but we don't need his lack of discipline and it shouldn't be tolerated.
i'll take his skill and whatever downfalls he has than whatever garbage the Islanders are going to get in a trade with him because I am guessing at this point his value is not high at all, and I would still like to know what "disciplinary" issues he has had rather than just go along with what is being said about him, and I would like to know if this latest "discipline" thing happened before of after he was sent down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad