Josh Gorges situation (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Not happening and doesn't make sense. Habs have PK and Beaulieu. 2 young, talented puck moving dmen. They also have Markov. Bringing in another offensive dman in exchange for a defensive dman would be silly. Need a solid all around guy who is solid both defensively and offensively if Gorges is getting moved for him.

...Gerard Gallant loves Beaulieu...my bet is Bergevin already has an offer from Gallant and wanted to ensure we had a beaulieu replacement already on the team...

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
Just waive his arse already. I'm ready to bet the little **** who leaked that is his agent in the first place and all those interviews to whine about it are most likely his idea also. Kick those clowns out, couldn't care less about getting nothing for a little hypocrite like that.

Why waive him if he could get something in return first ? As ****** as the return might be it's better than getting nothing for him.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
And no one else knew this how ?

So, Gorges told McKenzie ?

I don't know how exactly it happened, obviously, no one does.

But what I know is that Gorges CONFIRMED what was only a simple rumor. It was not a big deal at all until Gorges CONFIRMED it. It doesn't even matter who initially leaked it, but I'd bet a million dollars that yes he or his agent leaked it.

PricePkPatch*

You sure Grant said "dirty liar' instead of "misinformed"?

100% sure :sarcasm: We all know Grant's methodology of verifying his source. I'm sure he went to throw mud at Gagnon just to make sure about the "dirty" part :naughty:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
...Gerard Gallant loves Beaulieu...my bet is Bergevin already has an offer from Gallant and wanted to ensure we had a beaulieu replacement already on the team...
I really don't want us to trade that guy away. I think he's going to be awesome.

bipolarhabfan

Sep 16, 2006
Burnaby, BC
I've brought this up in the past when highly paid players with poor contracts find themselves in these situations but...

What exactly did Gorges think would happen?

It kind of shocks me that their agents haven't at least prepped them for this eventuality. Guys like Gomez, Clarkson, and to a lesser extent, Gorges, go out and sign these overvalued contracts that EVERYONE knows the team will regret in the latter half of the deal... I mean you can't tell me you didn't expect that at some point the team would try to get out of it.

And they act all shocked... I mean really? You should have known this was going to be a possibility when you signed a big money contract for longer term. Forget the NTC, NMC, whatever... The team is going to try and find a way to move you if the contract is bad, eventually. I think agents need to do a better job of explaining that to their clients.

This. If Bergevin feels that the Toronto offer was too good to pass up then he is in his right to make the trade. As for Gorges, he knew that he was no longer in the Habs plans once Bergevin contacted his agent. It is his ego that is talking, and an inflated sense of importance on the Habs roster. He blocks shots, but cant clear the front of the net or make a break out pass.

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
We can scramble to find alternate explanation but like for most things applying occam's razor tend to lend the best results.

Well hey, you take the word of that tool Dreger and believe him if you want. I'll side with the guy that's bled the colors of this team for years and was an important part of two eastern conference finals appearances in the last 4 years. I prefer to side with guys that have actually provided something to the team I support instead of mouthpieces that serve the interests of our second biggest rivals. At least until I know actual facts.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Just waive his arse already. I'm ready to bet the little **** who leaked that is his agent in the first place and all those interviews to whine about it are most likely his idea also. Kick those clowns out, couldn't care less about getting nothing for a little hypocrite like that.

what if your wrong?

Like what is up with the Pejorative Slur's on here about who leaked what...Fact is his no trade clause said NO TORONTO.......i would be angry if i was approached twice to go there after my contract says specifically no Toronto.....like give me a break.If it was to any other of the 15 teams on his i will go list ,he would already be gone .

Also ,anyone here says Toronto never leaked it because they said they didn't doesn't follow politics ......

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Why waive him if he could get something in return first ? As ****** as the return might be it's better than getting nothing for him.

I'm not seeing any reasonable return right now, so what makes you think this situation is going to change once all free agents have signed left from right? I would like to get some return, yeah, but it doesn't seem that it's going to happen thanks to Gorges and his agent.

PricePkPatch*

what if your wrong?

Like what is up with the Pejorative Slur's on here about who leaked what...Fact is his no tracde clause said NO TORONTO.......i would be angry if i was approached twice to go there....like give me a break.

Also ,anyone here says Toronto never leaked it because they said they didn't doesn't follow politics ......

No.

Gorges is probably angry at the idea of being traded, period. I don't think he takes personally the idea that the GM is considering an offer coming from a team on his NTC

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
My biggest concern is the return. I bet on a normal situation a guy like gorges would get quite a bit of offers and a fair return. Now? Not sure.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
No.

Gorges is probably angry at the idea of being traded, period. I don't think he takes personally the idea that the GM is considering an offer coming from a team on his NTC

probably or i bet?,,,,,I deal in FACTS,and until you get the full story forget with the probably and i bet's....

Again his NTC specifically says NO TORONTO........what part of NO doesn't one understand?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Why would Bergevin shoot himself in the foot like that.

The original leak doesn't matter here. It was only a rumor until Gorges CONFIRMED the RUMOR by crying on Stubbs shoulder.

But I'd bet anything that Gorges also is the original leak.

He wouldn't. He'll just state the fact that he did nothing wrong as it's totally portrait here.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Well hey, you take the word of that tool Dreger and believe him if you want. I'll side with the guy that's bled the colors of this team for years and was an important part of two eastern conference finals appearances in the last 4 years. I prefer to side with guys that have actually provided something to the team I support instead of mouthpieces that serve the interests of our second biggest rivals. At least until I know actual facts.

I don,t give a crap about Dreger. It's not Dreger's word versus Gorges word here. I'm merely applying the simplest explanation theory.

But again, regardless of who initially leaked it... it was only a rumor until Gorges confirmed it. Gorges CREATED this situation by blabbering to Stubbs. I can't believe this simple fact is escaping everyone. I guess it's convenient not to consider this when you desperately want to cling to the dream that Gorges is a stand up guy.

Kachino

@kachino82
Feb 16, 2008
Montreal
And no one else knew this how ?

So, Gorges told McKenzie ?

Look he's not part of the plans anymore. He might be shocked or outraged about the situation but it's part of the business. Not a fan of Gorges but respect what he has done during his time in Montreal. Like I previously mentioned before, I have this feeling that it's like KOmisarek 2.0

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
what if your wrong?

Like what is up with the Pejorative Slur's on here about who leaked what...Fact is his no trade clause said NO TORONTO.......i would be angry if i was approached twice to go there after my contract says specifically no Toronto.....like give me a break.If it was to any other of the 15 teams on his i will go list ,he would already be gone .

And what if I'm right, and it's actually Gorges' camp who is working to nix any kind of possible trade? You think he's got the right to be pissed off and act with the least amount of professionalism and then pretend he's a leader afterward, **** him...

If this thing doesn't get properly defuse by the Habs & Leafs in the next hour, I say waive his ass.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
My biggest concern is the return. I bet on a normal situation a guy like gorges would get quite a bit of offers and a fair return. Now? Not sure.

There's still 15ish teams on the list. There is a way to put those teams in competition at one point. True that at one point, they all know that we now HAVE to trade him....Reason why something wasn't done properly. You can put yourself in a position when teams KNOW that you have to make a move. Never come out as a winner in that kind of thing.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Toronto is likely best team to trade him to. He'd somehow get worn out and stop being effective if he goes there and we win trade by default.

PricePkPatch*

probably or i bet,,,,,I deal in FACTS,and again his NTC specifically says NO TORONTO........what part of NO doesn't one understand?

Half the teams of the NHL are on the NTC. It's not a case that Toronto alone is on that list.

Man, relax. Take a breath. Gorges is hurt, sure. But he's hurt at the idea of being traded away, not at the idea that he might be traded to Toronto.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I don,t give a crap about Dreger. It's not Dreger's word versus Gorges word here. I'm merely applying the simplest explanation theory.

But again, regardless of who initially leaked it... it was only a rumor until Gorges confirmed it. Gorges CREATED this situation by blabbering to Stubbs. I can't believe this simple fact is escaping everyone. I guess it's convenient not to consider this when you desperately want to cling to the dream that Gorges is a stand up guy.
I'm sympathetic towards the guy. He was obviously caught off guard by this whole thing... I feel bad for him. I wouldn't blame him for anything here.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
And what if I'm right, and it's actually Gorges' camp who is working to nix any kind of possible trade? You think he's got the right to be pissed off and act with the least amount of professionalism and then pretend he's a leader afterward, **** him...

If this thing doesn't get properly defuse by the Habs & Leafs in the next hour, I say waive his ass.

IF HE WAS DEALT TO ANY OF THE 15 TEAMS ON HIS LIST,he would have had no say.....Why is that so hard to comprehend....He would already be on another team......but no let's try to chastise a guy who SIGNED A CONTRACT STATING NO TORONTO,and the Montreal org signed it...Then 2 years later try to ship him to a TORONTO......

Josh is no Villian....

Montreal org looks like idiots,and if i was a UFA thinking about signing in Montreal with a NTC to city X,i would think twice now after this .If they can do it to Josh , they can do it to anyone .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad