Rumor: Josh Gorges (Possibly being traded some time soon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
The attitude is acceptable man. He didn't think he'd get dealt, so he's surprised. He's not calling anyone out, or suggesting they have issues like Don Maloney did about Ribeiro.

Not you, but some people REALLY like to defend management at all costs, all the time. Just how it is.

Me ? I hardly defend MB at all time or all costs.

I was displeased when he signed Moen to that deal. Furious when he signed Briere and when he lowballed Subban into a bridge deal. I thought the Murray/Parros signings were terrible. Not a huge fan of signing a back up to more than one year deal. All in all I was really disappointed in him all the way until the trade deadline.

I call it like it is. Gorges is not a top 4 dmen on a contender. He brings zero puck movement, zero physicality. And judging by his comments during the lockout and during Subban's holdout, he seems more than willing to throw teammates under a bus at the first opportunity. Yelling go red go is not leadership. Looks like management agrees that we can do without it. Also looks like there's not much of a market in the NHL amongst actual NHL GMs for a limited player like Gorges making 3.9M for the next 4 years. That does surprise me a little though. I would have thought that Gorges would have some value around the league. But maybe that's not the case if the best we can do is Franson.

I just call it like I see it. I have probably voiced my displeasure at MB more than my approval. But I'm just really happy we're getting rid of Gorges. Emelin is a much much better player. You guys will realize that next year.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
No, I totally understand it. The concern here is that Gorges is an effective defensive performer and Emelin hasn't been.

We can't rely on hope and prayers that Emelin can step up into Gorges' role. Also, who can we sign that can bring a consistent level of performance and leadership at around 3-4m?

Emelin doesn't have the IQ that Gorges has. I will protect Emelin for at least another year to see if he can get his legs back and compensate. But his IQ won't be fix no matter how his knee recuperates....

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Never been a fan of Gorges but he didn't deserve this. Maybe it's business, but rarely you see a transfer rumor being leaked publicly in great details such as this one. Feel bad for him, he gave everything he had for this team and he'll probably leave with a very bad taste towards management.

Deserve what exactly ? Being traded ? Toronto's GM leaking information to McKenzie?

This wasn't a big story, not until Gorges made it official by whining to Stubbs. It was just rumors until then. Like any other rumor started by McKenzie that may or may not happen.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Emelin doesn't have the IQ that Gorges has. I will protect Emelin for at least another year to see if he can get his legs back and compensate. But his IQ won't be fix no matter how his knee recuperates....

He also needs to play on the left side. His struggles on the right shows his lack of IQ.

Kenny Powders

Apr 6, 2005
Laval
E = CH²; said:
This wasn't a big story, not until Gorges made it official by whining to Stubbs. It was just rumors until then. Like any other rumor started by McKenzie that may or may not happen.
Exactly !!!

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Briere gone.. Gionta likely not being re-signed.. hope the same for Bouillon.

Hope the deal for Gorges gets done soon.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
May be wrong thread but we just got Parenteau for Briere.

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle · 1m
Montreal lands PA Parenteau for Danny Briere. Good trade for Habs

Not a bad deal.

We needed a winger who could play on top lines and clearly didn't need a 4M center who is a small defensive liability playing on our 4th line.

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
Leaf fan, here in peace. Just wondering what you guys really think Gorges is worth? I know he is a stand up guy, blocks shots, works hard but do you think he could have similar success somewhere else?

Also on the Leafs board we were speculating that it would be Franson for Gorges...how do you guys feel about that possible trade?

I feel Franson has too big of a role with the Leafs since our D isn't very good...at all. If he plays bottom pairing and the PP he can be quite a useful dman. He has a seeing eye shot on the PP. If he gets sheltered he won't be exposed as much and brings a lot of offense to the table.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
It probably won't be Gorges + for someone who can play as a top 6 RW with Parenteau on board now. I don't know what I'd want in return TBH. Picks & Prospects? Polak? Some other right handed dman?

Leaf fan, here in peace. Just wondering what you guys really think Gorges is worth? I know he is a stand up guy, blocks shots, works hard but do you think he could have similar success somewhere else?

Also on the Leafs board we were speculating that it would be Franson for Gorges...how do you guys feel about that possible trade?

I feel Franson has too big of a role with the Leafs since our D isn't very good...at all. If he plays bottom pairing and the PP he can be quite a useful dman. He has a seeing eye shot on the PP. If he gets sheltered he won't be exposed as much and brings a lot of offense to the table.

Have no interest in Franson whatsoever. What would you give up if I restrict the possible return on picks & prospects?

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007

Kadri, I'd say.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Briere gone.. Gionta likely not being re-signed.. hope the same for Bouillon.

Hope the deal for Gorges gets done soon.

While some want Gionta back, I'd be pretty ****ing happy to see him sign elsewhere.

And goodbye to Bouillon as well? We can only ****ing hope.

Forlando

Nov 14, 2007
Exactly !!!

I am pretty sure this was leaked by his agent. GMs don't leak stuff like this creates bad blood for future trades. I have a feeling that Gorges' agent leaked it because his client is angry with the trade, guess he saw himself as the next captain. Obviously Bergevin, felt diferently.

Personally, I value some of the things that Gorges does/did for the team, but on a strictly personal level I hate his pressers...feels...rehearsed..dunno how to explain it. I just hate his comments to the press.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Gorges seems like a Nashville kind of D , buys into the systems , blocks shot.

Maybe Gorges for MDZ + pick

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows

Id rather keep gorges if thats the deal ... Gorges is a good #4 who blocks tons of shots, plays positional defense, active stick, great pk'r and if we are trading him it would probably be to help out up front.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

I'd rather the Habs put Gorges on waivers and gets picked up by a bottom feeder than trade him to the Leafs for Franson. :nod:

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
It was either him or Emelin that had to go. I've never been much of a Gorges fan, but he'd be a good 3rd pairing D. Problem is the contract.

Surprised Habs would trade him to the Leafs....but if he lands Kadri. I'll drop him to the airport myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad