Rumor: Josh Gorges (Possibly being traded some time soon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Easiest name on the team to spell, nobody gets it right.

Gorges is no Weaver, who is totally awesome.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
So what do you guys think of the play of Gorges?

Does he merit his ice time / luxury playing alongside PK?

him and pk have been incredible. they're chemistry in their own zone is why pk can do what he does, and pk would even admit to that.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I think he's been playing great. Steady and reliable. His smart plays sometimes frustrate me in the regular season (dump it in the corner instead of shooting on net) but these small plays are key in the playoffs. No complaints here.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Gorges is doing great, he's the only defenseman on the team I trust implicitly in our own zone. Having him back is really a key to Subban's revival IMHO (both in terms of his on-ice contribution, and probably also in terms of giving the doubting Thomas Therrien a little extra confidence in letting Subban play, at least at first).

He's awful with the puck on his stick in the offensive zone, of course, always will be, but that's immaterial.

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
It's really looking that way.

Jokes aside, I really think he's truly overrated who has strong heart but an aging, soft, declining body.

In my eyes he's a shadow of his old self. I hope I'm not proven right anytime soon, because with the amount of ice time he gets, that can be the nail in the coffin.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Jokes aside, I really think he's truly overrated who has strong heart but an aging, soft, declining body.

In my eyes he's a shadow of his old self. I hope I'm not proven right anytime soon, because with the amount of ice time he gets, that can be the nail in the coffin.

"Rubberman
Takin' all the hits forever more.
And I think it's gonna be a long long time"

:laugh::handclap::nod::)

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
If we were down 2-1 in the series and Gorges plays the same game he's played thus far, people would find faults.

All is rosey in habs land.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Wow.. he's got so many backers. I guess I'm the only hater.
Are you the guy that create a Gorges every couple week when he does something wrong...
Fact every player has flaws!
As for Gorges he knows his role and is very important to the balance of our team. To tell you the truth, I just don't get the hate...

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
Are you the guy that create a Gorges every couple week when he does something wrong...
Fact every player has flaws!
As for Gorges he knows his role and is very important to the balance of our team. To tell you the truth, I just don't get the hate...

I'll tell you why I hate.

He's 3rd pairing caliber logging 25 minutes playing with an elite franchise d-man.

He's a shot blocker and nothing more. He's a poor man's Weaver.:laugh:

TCIH

Nov 26, 2007
Montreal
I don't really notice him. Which is good I guess. To me he's the definition of an average NHL defenseman in pretty much all respects, though I guess he's above average when it comes to shot blocking. A useful guy to have as the safe lesser partner of a top defensive pairing.

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
what do people expect from gorges. he is doing his job. just dont pinch at bad time and get the puck out of the zone. steady and reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille