News Article: Josh Cooper (from puck daddy) can **** right off

BakedBuffalo

**** run 4 Chychrun
Oct 29, 2014
Buffalo, NY
My favorite part is that we didn't draft and develop great players lately so we don't deserve a phenom. Remind me who was in charge of drafting and developing those players and where he now works.

:laugh: Yea, thinking isn't one of his strong suits.. The article is proof of that.

Bps21*

Having the French Connection 40 years ago being a reason that we "aren't worthy" of McEichel now has to be the absolutely dumbest thing I've ever read. Anywhere.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Should I email this to him? I am sick of these jackasses

I recently read this article only be be disappointed about the lack of professionalism by Joshua Cooper, how does someone like Josh write such a troll article and how does an editor allow this to be published? It's clear Joshua has absolutely no idea what he is talking about and probably spent a whopping 20 minutes writing this piece of garbage with no context.

Buffalo shouldn't get Eichel or McDavid because they drafted a franchise player 22 years before I was born. Nice logic there Joshua. Next we have your comment about Zach Kassian being the most prolific scorer having any relevance, if you looked at statistics (the thing you can't lie about to fit your agenda) you would see Buffalo has been one of the most successful drafting teams over the past 10 years. Buffalo being a "crappola" franchise, you know the franchise that was the first to host the winter classic, bring the World Juniors to Buffalo, Womens U-18s, 2016 NHL Draft, NHL Draft Combine, All American Top Prospects game, have an owner who is willing to spend and is willing to take a significant financial loss to build a winner, and a fan base supports a team that is very bad.

Are you actually coherent when writing this article? I seriously have my doubts. I don't care if you respond, I just want to give you something to think about before firing shots next time.

I think less of a focus on the content itself of the article and more of a focus on how unprofessional and the lack of quality information and how misguided the article came off and how that affects how you look at the website, and the rest of their journalists, and how much their integrity is being questioned, would have a much more impactful response than, a fan who would write a typical comment from their website. And try to email his superiors as well.

BakedBuffalo

**** run 4 Chychrun
Oct 29, 2014
Buffalo, NY
I think less of a focus on the content itself of the article and more of a focus on how unprofessional and lack quality information and misguided the article came off and how that affects how you look at the website and the rest of their journalists and how much their integrity is being questioned would have a much more impactful response than a fan who would write a typical comment from their website. And try to email his superiors as well.

I agree with this.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I think less of a focus on the content itself of the article and more of a focus on how unprofessional and lack quality information and misguided the article came off and how that affects how you look at the website and the rest of their journalists and how much their integrity is being questioned would have a much more impactful response than a fan who would write a typical comment from their website. And try to email his superiors as well.

True, I don't want to try and get the guy fired. He just needs to know it was a garbage article, and make him think next time.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012

I recently read this article only be be disappointed about the lack of professionalism by Joshua Cooper, how does someone like Josh write such a troll article and how does an editor allow this to be published? It's clear Joshua has absolutely no idea what he is talking about and probably spent a whopping 20 minutes writing this piece of garbage with no context.

Buffalo shouldn't get Eichel or McDavid because they drafted a franchise player 22 years before I was born. Nice logic there Joshua. Next we have your comment about Zach Kassian being the most prolific scorer having any relevance, if you looked at statistics (the thing you can't lie about to fit your agenda) you would see Buffalo has been one of the most successful drafting teams over the past 10 years. Buffalo being a "crappola" franchise, you know the franchise that was the first to host the winter classic, bring the World Juniors to Buffalo, Womens U-18s, 2016 NHL Draft, NHL Draft Combine, All American Top Prospects game, have an owner who is willing to spend and is willing to take a significant financial loss to build a winner, and a fan base supports a team that is very bad.

Do you want to know the best part? Darcy Regier was the man who ran the Buffalo Sabres into the ground, and now is the Assistant for the Arizona Coyotes.

Are you actually coherent when writing this article? I seriously have my doubts. I don't care if you respond, I just want to give you something to think about before firing shots next time.

besides the heap of grammatical errors in it... no, I'd like to think we as a fan base could be smarter and classier then to feed the troll

exactly the same as Harrington, if that knot of supposedly indignant fans would stop gobbling down the clickbait and just let these stories slip by, if you wouldnt crawl all over his twitter account, then he disappears, like all trolls... cept maybe Jame, who has staying power that would make Ron Jeremy blush

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn

Do you want to know the best part? Darcy Regier was the man who ran the Buffalo Sabres into the ground, and now is the Assistant for the Arizona Coyotes.

You guys are hilarious. He doesn't work for the NYT, his boss doesn't give two ***** about anything you're mentioning. I can't believe you could possibly think anyone cares about facts in a tongue-in-cheek, trolling puck daddy opinion article. Every time you send an angry email, he probably gets a raise since getting them more clicks.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
just a note, for people like me that find the onion hilarious, by all means run with it, I found the article quite amusing, several good laughs

other articles yahoo thought Id be interested in included John Fox sending Cutler a message by getting his name wrong, Astros plan to strike out at an astonishing rate, and 2 articles about female tennis players and the color of their sports wear

lets check our sources people

yahoo main page has 3 proof of aliens on mars articles, 1 proof of christianity on mars article, Jennifer Anniston on why she isnt pretty

Last edited:

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I don't think his boss thinks he's "clueless" - he just had his most successful article today. And all of the outrage ensured that there will be more in the future along these lines. He probably doesn't even believe what he's writing - he just knows the Buffalo outrage machine will get him clicks by the truckload.

That's not what I'm saying he is clueless about...

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
Written to rile you up, start threads like this, and get cheap pageviews.

Don't read it, don't share it, complain to Wyshynski on Twitter directly and don't support his garbage organization's garbage content. PD is only considered reputable because Simmons/Grantland/ESPN doesn't care enough to hire an NHL guy on the level of Zach Lowe.

This is the only reasonable response. Trashing Buffalo and Edmonton gets more clicks than trashing Carolina, so just ignore the trolling for pageviews and let it die.

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
Neither team did what we are doing.

Chicago sucked for ever and Pittsburgh? They went from Lemiuex, Jagr, Kovalev, Straka, etc, etc to Dick Tarnstrom. They rebuilt through the draft by being as horrible as you can possibly be. They did exactly what we're doing now.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I like some of what he writes... this is a straight up troll job.

I hate that he defends it as a troll job though. You can't just write stupid stuff and then be like: just kidding:dunno:.

Even if his article doesn't represent what he actually thinks,its not the point. Nobody cares what he thinks, its the fact that people might legitimately agree with him.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
just a note, for people like me that find the onion hilarious, by all means run with it, I found the article quite amusing, several good laughs

other articles yahoo thought Id be interested in included John Fox sending Cutler a message by getting his name wrong, Astros plan to strike out at an astonishing rate, and 2 articles about female tennis players and the color of their sports wear

lets check our sources people

yahoo main page has 3 proof of aliens on mars articles, 1 proof of christianity on mars article, Jennifer Anniston on why she isnt pretty

Guess what? That content is personalized to you. So stop searching about weirs stuff on Mars. :)

(And if you see something you don't like, click the X on the story that says 'Fewer Like This'.)

jamers

bleep bop bloop
Sep 17, 2011
I hate that he defends it as a troll job though. You can't just write stupid stuff and then be like: just kidding:dunno:.

Even if his article doesn't represent what he actually thinks,its not the point. Nobody cares what he thinks, its the fact that people might legitimately agree with him.

That's a good point. I do read Puck Daddy regularly because some of their contributors (including Wysh) can, at times, do really good, outside the box kind of work that makes you think. Also, it is just sports, and there is plenty of time and space for laughter and jersey fouls. But the straight troll articles don't interest me at all, even if they're blatant. There's a way to do parody or satire well, and then there's... this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad