News Article: Josh Cooper (from puck daddy) can **** right off

KennyFnPowers*

the same as Harrington, they have no talent - so they write inflammatory BS to get attention, instead of writing quality columns and literary sports pieces. a dime a dozen.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Hey guys, I don't deserve to watch a superstar because I'm a Sabres fan and the Sabres had the French Connection before I was born.

Clearly the markets that don't even sell-out playoff games deserve those players much more than the market that's crazy about hockey and gets high TV ratings for every national game all the time, even when the Sabres aren't playing.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
The funniest thing was after this clown was predictably swamped on Twitter by a flood of indignant Buffalo fans, he started wondering aloud where all the Canes and Yotes fans were to get his back.

Dude, they aren't there. They don't exist. At least not in anywhere near the numbers as mass of Sabres fans who have been paying attention to the upcoming draft.

The fact that your column provoked a response from a legion of Sabres fans and not a peep from the mythical Canes/Yotes fans should have told you volumes about the respective franchises, how much they care about hockey, and how much they will appreciate having a young star play for them.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
The funniest thing was after this clown was predictably swamped on Twitter by a flood of indignant Buffalo fans, he started wondering aloud where all the Canes and Yotes fans were to get his back.

Dude, they aren't there. They don't exist. At least not in anywhere near the numbers as mass of Sabres fans who have been paying attention to the upcoming draft.

The fact that your column provoked a response from a legion of Sabres fans and not a peep from the mythical Canes/Yotes fans should have told you volumes about the respective franchises, how much they care about hockey, and how much they will appreciate having a young star play for them.

He even comes right out and acknowledges that the Sabres get a lot of national air time. Gee, i wonder why that is? Maybe because of the large number of buffalo transplants and sabres fans across the nation.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
The 2nd funniest thing was when he wrote that the Sabres don't deserve a top pick because they haven't drafted any prolific NHLers since 2009. Ignoring the fact that the only prolific NHLers from the last five drafts have been drafted near the top of the first round, and the Sabres haven't drafted any because they haven't ever drafted at the top of the draft until last season!

Amazing that he can completely dismiss the drafting of an organization that has spent the last few years putting together what has repeatedly been ranked the #1 prospect pool in the league.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I would say trying to land as many picks in the top two rounds is the more likely part of what we've done too get replicated. Not that teams won't bottom out. But trying to ice the worst team possible isn't going to net you the same type of reward as we could potentially get. We basically have the perfect storm of things going our way to bottom out when we did. If we finish last we are guaranteed a franchise level player. That's not going to the case going forward since finishing last means you can pick anywhere from 1st to 4th.

We kind of got lucky with how many 1st round picks we received. I think moving forward we'll see teams, especially those that look to be outside the playoffs, more hesitant to trade off that 1st rounder when they have better odds of drafting lower than where they are. Also, the amount we received in these past 4 drafts(including this year) we have/had 8 first round picks. Not many teams would be able to receive that many let alone the amount of 2nds we received in these 4 years as well (9 2nd round picks).

Then the factor of the team management and ownership. Our owner is WILLING to bite the bullet for a few years of terrible hockey, because A) he can afford it B) he has a fan base willing to bite the bullet as well.

BakedBuffalo

**** run 4 Chychrun
Oct 29, 2014
Buffalo, NY

:handclap:

BornBuffaloFan

Nov 30, 2014
I moved to Phoenix recenlty for work. A co-worker was going to a game that weekend. I told him, lets hope for an Arizona win.

he asked, why? Zona fan?
I told him, "no, there is generational talent coming out in the draft this year that I want the sabres to get and Zona is a problem for us"

He had no clue what I was talking about...

with that said, Sabres don't deserve it? next!

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
He tweeted something to the effect of "I want to stay at a Buffalo hotel with Tom Brady".... What a ****ing ********ing piece of ****. Great integrity especially for a supposed journalist who is supposed to be unbiased. Arizona and Carolina deserve Eichel and McDavid? They don't even deserve their teams you clown. They can't even get 15,000 fans to come in consistently. We get 19,000 every night even when we are in last.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I mean, that article is going to get clicks because it's so ridiculous... and I guess that's going to answer my question here...

But...

How does a guy like that get published anywhere? That article was absolutely terrible.

I wouldn't take it personally.

If you're going to quote Dave Lozo in an article you're writing, you're probably not worth **** yourself, considering.

BornBuffaloFan

Nov 30, 2014
He tweeted something to the effect of "I want to stay at a Buffalo hotel with Tom Brady".... What a ****ing ********ing piece of ****. Great integrity especially for a supposed journalist who is supposed to be unbiased. Arizona and Carolina deserve Eichel and McDavid? They don't even deserve their teams you clown. They can't even get 15,000 fans to come in consistently. We get 19,000 every night even when we are in last.

surprised no one commented about the sexual relationship I figured he was implying

Bps21*

My favorite part is that we didn't draft and develop great players lately so we don't deserve a phenom. Remind me who was in charge of drafting and developing those players and where he now works.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
He writes things to get a response for the pageviews, so he can have a job. He's no different from Bucky, Eklund, HockeyBuzz, etc.

Don't read it, think about it, or see it as anything more than someone desperately wanting attention.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
It annoys the hell out of me these so called "professional journalist" pull **** like this, they walk around like they are invincible and their opinion carries so much weight, stories like this bring make the profession look like a joke. Funny because i felt bad when he was fired from the paper in Nashville, now **** him. Reporters have no right to take shots at other hockey markets, would Bob McKenzie or Pierre LeBrun ever do this?

[email protected]

EDIT: Another thing, how can someone write such an unprofessional article then slap your name to it by choice? Are standards seriously so low in this industry? He might as well find another profession, I always complain about Harrington about his tweets but he would never come close to anything like this trash.

Last edited:

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
we are the poster child for a crapola franchise ?

ya ok....How about we have one of the most devoted fan bases in the country (large crowds with poor team), hockey facilities that are probably not rivaled anywhere else in the world, and the city itself is on the uprise....

Did this Cooper kid even graduate high school ?

thefifagod

I'm The Survivor
Jul 3, 2008
Never heard of him before today, I never read any of puck daddy's stuff because it's garbage on the whole. I don't plan on reading any of his or Puck Daddy's stuff any time soon.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Funny, the article didn't bother me at all. You're all falling into his trap - the response is exactly what he was hoping for. "Outrage" = clicks. Since it worked perfectly, I'd say the guy is great at his job.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
This makes no sense. What is he claiming the fans at large lose with him in Buffalo... he even correctly points out all the (U.S.) national TV exposure Buffalo gets. Somehow Carolina and Arizona are better markets? Looks like Puckdaddy found a writer as clueless and obnoxious as that Lambert guy.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
This makes no sense. What is he claiming the fans at large lose with him in Buffalo... he even correctly points out all the (U.S.) national TV exposure Buffalo gets. Somehow Carolina and Arizona are better markets? Looks like Puckdaddy found a writer as clueless and obnoxious as that Lambert guy.

I don't think his boss thinks he's "clueless" - he just had his most successful article today. And all of the outrage ensured that there will be more in the future along these lines. He probably doesn't even believe what he's writing - he just knows the Buffalo outrage machine will get him clicks by the truckload.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad