News Article: Josh Cooper (from puck daddy) can **** right off

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...must-go-to-carolina-or-arizona-041542314.html

Some highlights from this windbag:

In that case … for the love of god please Arizona and Carolina tank. Tank worse than you’ve ever tanked before in your history. Do all in your power to make sure Eichel and McDavid don’t end up with Edmonton and Buffalo, the two poster children for crappola franchises.

We need one of you to save hockey in the desert. We need the other to be the heir apparent to Eric Staal and bring back the playoff hockey tailgates we knew and loved in Carolina’s runs to the Cup Final.

The last thing we need is for either to end up in Edmonton/Hoth or the recovering industrial paradise known as Buffalo – though one would get a ton of national TV love with the latter.

Yup, Arizona, the franchise that is literally going to relocate DESERVES to get him. Oh and Carolina, can't sell out a conference finals game, DESERVES to get one of Eichel or McDavid.

Yeah, thats it.

Lastly, Buffalo and Edmonton don’t deserve to have another hockey prodigy. Sabres fans had Gilbert Perreault and were treated to the French Connection. The Oilers dynasties of the 80s go without saying.

For **** sake.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
I mean, I can't really blame him. Let's say you're a sportswriter, is writing an article about the Sabres being bad and how McDavid or Eichel will help them going to get clicks? No, because that's obvious - and only people from Buffalo really want to read that. However if you come up with a "hot take" that will be controversial, then you're going to get a ton of clicks like he is right now.

I bet, gun to his head, he doesn't even believe the BS he's spewing. Just like Jim Rome, Colin Cowherd, Skip Bayless, etc etc. Their popularity is fueled by the naysayers.

Sure, you are kinda throwing integrity out the window. But they're smiling all the way to the bank because of it.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
I mean, I can't really blame him. Let's say you're a sportswriter, is writing an article about the Sabres being bad and how McDavid or Eichel will help them going to get clicks? No, because that's obvious - and only people from Buffalo really want to read that. However if you come up with a "hot take" that will be controversial, then you're going to get a ton of clicks like he is right now.

I bet, gun to his head, he doesn't even believe the BS he's spewing. Just like Jim Rome, Colin Cowherd, Skip Bayless, etc etc. Their popularity is fueled by the naysayers.

Sure, you are kinda throwing integrity out the window. But they're smiling all the way to the bank because of it.

Josh Cooper at work:

img3.jpg

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
Written to rile you up, start threads like this, and get cheap pageviews.

Don't read it, don't share it, complain to Wyshynski on Twitter directly and don't support his garbage organization's garbage content. PD is only considered reputable because Simmons/Grantland/ESPN doesn't care enough to hire an NHL guy on the level of Zach Lowe.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
From an outsiders perspective, he's not completely off-base. Neither Edmonton or Buffalo is a very attractive destination for a potential star. If you're a fan of McDavid or Eichel, you're not going to want to watch Oilers or Sabres games just to see them play, so ideally you'd like to see them elsewhere. Where he looks like a total moron is by saying Arizona and Carolina are somehow better destinations. Hockey's barely even a thing in either of those places. Save hockey in the desert? Yes, by all means, let's do everything we can to save the sport being played in a location it shouldn't even be in. And who the hell loved Carolina winning the cup other than people in Carolina? :laugh:

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY

Mr. Cooper, what you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent article, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone viewing this blog is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Get used to it.

If we land one of McEichel, how went about it will constantly be brought up. Particularly if we have success and become Cup contenders.

I would just ignore it because it's only going to get worse.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...must-go-to-carolina-or-arizona-041542314.html

Some highlights from this windbag:

Yup, Arizona, the franchise that is literally going to relocate DESERVES to get him. Oh and Carolina, can't sell out a conference finals game, DESERVES to get one of Eichel or McDavid.

Yeah, thats it.

For **** sake.

I'm leaving that link untouched.

But it's funny that a team that is actually rebuilding properly, and tanking on purpose, with a fanbase that is for the most part loyal, and a team that is horrible in their management level, and is built awful,with a fanbase that is for the most part loyal doesn't deserve McEichel, yet two teams who he's pleading to tank on purpose does?

Obviously it's to get readers to acknowledge him. The worst part is that you can't tell people NOT to read it, even if you're sincere in your request, because they will want to read it anyways. The best thing for the hockey community is to learn who to ignore and who not to. Maybe if we can collectively learn to ignore this type of stuff, there may be a chance to get the better hockey writers to the forefront where they belong.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Get used to it.

If we land one of McEichel, how went about it will constantly be brought up. Particularly if we have success and become Cup contenders.

Ha that's the best part, he wasn't crapping on Buffalo because of tanking, he just said random things and made fart noises and then hit save on a word document.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Get used to it.

No they won't.

No one talks about how bad Chicago and Pittsburgh were in order to get their stars.

I mean, some people on HFBoards mention it, but no one in the media ever talks about it or cares.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
No they won't.

No one talks about how bad Chicago and Pittsburgh were in order to get their stars.

I mean, some people on HFBoards mention it, but no one in the media ever talks about it or cares.

Neither team did what we are doing.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Neither team did what we are doing.

Nope, but we should become the blueprint for other teams soon. In all honesty, unless significantly more drastic measures happen to the draft, this is the way to build your team. I gotta think Toronto would be better off in 5 years if they went on a sell fest this year and next. Phaneuf, Lupul, Kessel, and JVR could all bring excellent returns, get a couple extra firsts this year, get in the top 5 and take a nice run at Matthews next year? Of course I have been watching a few Steve Dangle videos lately so I could be influenced by his leafs depression.

matthew94

Jul 2, 2005
WNY
www.matthew94.blogspot.com
The article is just dumb

But just out of curiosity I looked it up and found out that of the 30 franchises in the NHL, 22 have at some point made the 1st overall selection and 8 have not.

Unless I'm making a mistake, these are the 8 that have never picked first:

EAST
Philly (though they did trade for Lindros)
Carolina

WEST
Nashville
Minnesota Wild
Anaheim
Vancouver
San Jose
Calgary

And here's a list of who has picked 1st the most often:
Montrael (5x)
Colorado/Quebec (4x)
Edmonton, NYI, TB, Pitt, Boston, Ott, Minn/Dallas, Detroit (3x)
Flor, Wash, Buff (2x)
Chi, SL, Columbus, Atl/Win, Toronto, Win/Phx/Ariz, Col/NJ, LAK, NYR (1x)

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
I don't really know how to respond to an article like this. It's an op-ed but it's an op-ed where the journalist doesn't give a fair look at both sides. Essentially arguing that Carolina and Arizona deserve the top prospects because it will help the weak market grow stronger, however, there is no mention of the Edmonton or Buffalo markets. Just derisive comments about being super cold or a recovering industrial city. Great? The only hockey related opinion he can share about EDM and BUF is that our franchises are "crappola." Crappola? We are legit bad for two seasons and suddenly we are a crappola franchise? We have had a lot of exciting runs in our team's history. There have been a lot of dark chapters, but to label the franchise as a whole as crappola? Edmonton, for as bad as they have been for the past 8-9 years have had much success in their history and that makes their franchise crappola? Give it a rest.

Like many have already said, it's just click bait and there will be a lot of similar opinions in the future. Best to just ignore :shakehead

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Nope, but we should become the blueprint for other teams soon. In all honesty, unless significantly more drastic measures happen to the draft, this is the way to build your team. I gotta think Toronto would be better off in 5 years if they went on a sell fest this year and next. Phaneuf, Lupul, Kessel, and JVR could all bring excellent returns, get a couple extra firsts this year, get in the top 5 and take a nice run at Matthews next year? Of course I have been watching a few Steve Dangle videos lately so I could be influenced by his leafs depression.

I would say trying to land as many picks in the top two rounds is the more likely part of what we've done too get replicated. Not that teams won't bottom out. But trying to ice the worst team possible isn't going to net you the same type of reward as we could potentially get. We basically have the perfect storm of things going our way to bottom out when we did. If we finish last we are guaranteed a franchise level player. Thats not going to the case going forward since finishing last means you can pick anywhere from 1st to 4th.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I honestly just read this and came to the site to see if anyone has read this yet and point out what a ********* this guy is. He just wrote Journalism suicide, not like Arizona or Carolina fans will stick up for him unlike passionate Buffalo and Edmonton fans will trash and degrade this guy any second they get.

The bias is real, the hate you can slice with a knife.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad