Player Discussion Josh Anderson - The Rene Bourque Edition

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Being sent to Laval lit a fire under Armia so maybe next season they will be more likely to do the same with Anderson and hope for a similar reaction.

Very different situations where Armia has the puck skills and IQ but just seems to have extreme confidence/anxiety issues that have always held him back. Armia just needed a jolt to force him to tackle the demons that have always haunted him and held him back. Anderson doesn't have the IQ or puck skill to play in MSL's system. He is most effective when he is turned loose and encouraged to play as fast as he can. Unfortunately this blows up team structure as he is not available in the places on the ice that he needs to be when he plays this way.

He is a better fit on heavy, north/west teams that aren't looking to use the width of the ice as much as MSL does. I feel really bad for the guy as he seems like a genuinely good person who is loved by his teammates. Hopefully he can make some adjustments for next season or Hughes can find a way to move him for something other than a negative return as you can see that he is not playing with any level of joy and his spirit appears to be beaten into the ground.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Was going to say that I can see us offloading him in the summer but he’s signed for THREE more years. Man, that’s rough.

Hope for a bounce back next year and deal him for anything as soon as you can.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Very different situations where Armia has the puck skills and IQ but just seems to have extreme confidence/anxiety issues that have always held him back. Armia just needed a jolt to force him to tackle the demons that have always haunted him and held him back. Anderson doesn't have the IQ or puck skill to play in MSL's system. He is most effective when he is turned loose and encouraged to play as fast as he can. Unfortunately this blows up team structure as he is not available in the places on the ice that he needs to be when he plays this way.

He is a better fit on heavy, north/west teams that aren't looking to use the width of the ice as much as MSL does. I feel really bad for the guy as he seems like a genuinely good person who is loved by his teammates. Hopefully he can make some adjustments for next season or Hughes can find a way to move him for something other than a negative return as you can see that he is not playing with any level of joy and his spirit appears to be beaten into the ground.
I wonder if Anderson goes to the World Championships to try and at least go into the offseason on a potentially higher note. There is nothing positive he can take into the offseason right now and it really requires him putting in a lot of work both on and off the ice to come into next season refreshed and ready to go.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Was going to say that I can see us offloading him in the summer but he’s signed for THREE more years. Man, that’s rough.

Hope for a bounce back next year and deal him for anything as soon as you can.
Yeah we are in absolutely no rush to sell him this summer while being on his all time lowest value.

We don't need the cap space nor the roster spot. Same thing with Gallagher.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Yeah we are in absolutely no rush to sell him this summer while being on his all time lowest value.

We don't need the cap space nor the roster spot. Same thing with Gallagher.
I’d give him away for free at this point. But I wouldn’t pay someone to take him. And I think that’s what it would take right now.

I used to think it was just him but maybe I was wrong. Maybe he’s having issues with MSL’s playbook. He’s a North South player and I don’t see too many rushes lately. He’s also had some pretty bad puck luck and that hasn’t helped. He needs a change of scenery.

For now he can stay on the most expensive 4th line in the NHL with Brendan Gallagher.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
World Championships :slaugh:

Did Andy get Urbekistan double citizenship what did I miss

8laah7.jpg

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
But Armia gets sent down no problem lmao.

Clowns.

Hard to disagree about how they disrespected Armia while other gets were no better or worse.
don't think you can compare the situations. the roster was healthy coming out of camp.

it'll be interesting to see what happens next October when Dach and Dvorak are back (if Dvorak is still around).

Reactions: Tyson

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Andersons making 5 mil a year and we probably want to deal him. I wouldn’t send him down. Hope for a bounce back next year. And maybe even play him with some better players early so he can produce some points.

A shame we didn’t trade him earlier. I get why we held out for more though, he used to be a valuable trading chip.

I genuinely feel bad for him.

Reactions: Habs4Life

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I wonder if Anderson goes to the World Championships to try and at least go into the offseason on a potentially higher note. There is nothing positive he can take into the offseason right now and it really requires him putting in a lot of work both on and off the ice to come into next season refreshed and ready to go.

Hard to say but I suspect that he might just want to get away from the game ASAP and clear his head.

Reactions: donghabs98

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John

f*** you Josh Anderson.

Gutless loser behavior right there.

He's completely checked out. I really hope they can find a way to get rid of him in the offseason.

I missed the game, but holy crap, just saw the first goal on the recap... That would've been his last shift of the evening for me, I can't believe it

That's exactly what I said after the goal happened. Should have been benched immediately.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I had lots of respect for Anderson last year given he was working his ass off every game to end the season despite us being out of the playoff well before that.

His effort level for most of this year has been a joke though, it is even more apparent when playing with Evans since he shows up to play every night.

He has no one to blame but himself either. He was given a chance to start the year on the top line and was the worst player on the Suzuki line, then the worst player on the Newhook line then has had his minutes reduced each month as the year went on. Meanwhile Armia started in the AHL and put in the work and has played well on our second line.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Andersons making 5 mil a year and we probably want to deal him. I wouldn’t send him down. Hope for a bounce back next year. And maybe even play him with some better players early so he can produce some points.

A shame we didn’t trade him earlier. I get why we held out for more though, he used to be a valuable trading chip.

I genuinely feel bad for him.
I feel bad for him, but since we’ve seen all his tricks I have no idea what he would expand upon. Hope is awesome but has a threshold where one knows they are fooling themselves. I have given into indifference, will soon follow with hate the moment he starts taking ice-time away from forwards (not having any note-worthy prospects at wing sure helps him out there).

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
I think this should be one of our priorities to trade him away this summer. I understand we do not need to for salary cap purpose and his value is at the bottom, but with his current attitude he is toxic for our "culture". Young guys work hard and hate losing, but they get very low support from vets. Armia is looking very good, Evans has his role, but rest of forward vets are just garbage. Gally is at least trying and he can stay in 4th line.
I think there are teams that could take Anderson for free (WAS, CBJ, STL, NSH, CHI, ARI, SEA, SJS, CGY, ANA), they all have some cap space to absorb his contract and hope he bounces back. Remember, we were able to trade away Hoffman last summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad