Player Discussion Josh Anderson - The Rene Bourque Edition

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
I'm fully expecting him to continue playing like dogwater right up until after the deadline when he will miraculously start scoring and hitting again.

Last night I remember seeing Roy throw a hit, and this 190lb kid with 12 NHL games threw a heavier hit than 29 year old, 225 lb Anderson has in weeks.

Last edited:

larek

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm fully expecting him to continue playing like dogwater right up until after the deadline when he will miraculously start scoring and hitting again.

Last night I remember seeing Roy throw a hit, and this 190lb kid with 12 NHL games threw a heavier hit than 29 year old, 225 lb Anderson has in weeks.
And when Petterson started trying to get tough
Anderson should have taken a good round out of him!?
But no he was shy again!!
If you can't be offensive in a good way then
Play like a monster

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Remember not too long ago when MSL said "Anderson is back"? He must have left again.
walkaway-nottoday.gif

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
4 games with no shots later

View attachment 828020
He got a ton of chances against the Devils, just kept missing the net and or hitting the post.

Was invisible last game.

The only suggestion I have is put him with RHP when RHP comes back. Last year Anderson scored at a pace of 32 goals and 55 points per 82 games after RHP's call up.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
He got a ton of chances against the Devils, just kept missing the net and or hitting the post.

Was invisible last game.

The only suggestion I have is put him with RHP when RHP comes back. Last year Anderson scored at a pace of 32 goals and 55 points per 82 games after RHP's call up.

People need to give up with this pace thing with Anderson

Its like 10 yrs people keep bringing up stretches of peak production with him

"Hey but if we only ignore the other 50 games a yr he is either injured or invisible....."

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
People need to give up with this pace thing with Anderson

Its like 10 yrs people keep bringing up stretches of peak production with him

"Hey but if we only ignore the other 50 games a yr he is either injured or invisible....."

Probably, but what else are we foong to do? We're stuck with him. No one wants that cap hit and we're going to. Be stuck with it for 3 more years after this one unless we can find a solution.

I don't think trying him opposite RHP is the end of the world. So why no tey it. It boggles my mind that MSL didn't start the year with it. Instead he erroneously tried Anderson with Suzuki and Caufield and then on the 2nd line. It was just last year that RHP and Anderson were great together. Why not even try them together on a 3rd or 4th line, and keep Amderson far away from the top 6? How is that going to hurt the team?

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Probably, but what else are we foong to do? We're stuck with him. No one wants that cap hit and we're going to. Be stuck with it for 3 more years after this one unless we can find a solution.

I don't think trying him opposite RHP is the end of the world. So why no tey it. It boggles my mind that MSL didn't start the year with it. Instead he erroneously tried Anderson with Suzuki and Caufield and then on the 2nd line. It was just last year that RHP and Anderson were great together. Why not even try them together on a 3rd or 4th line, and keep Amderson far away from the top 6? How is that going to hurt the team?

Not saying your wrong with RHP but its more give up and realize Anderson is what he is

He like gives you 15-20 goals, 10 assist if all things are perfect.

He likely shouldnt even be dressed all games and be healthy scratches like 1 i 4

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
I know i went about some instances I was very right , like saying dach was a steal when many complained we traded for him or that slaf of the real deal when half of Quebec went into panic ….
Though there is the epic failures like Anderson , I thought he would blossom into the perfect power forward and right now it is painful to watch him even on the third line . Man I was wrong .

Reactions: Pomee

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Not saying your wrong with RHP but its more give up and realize Anderson is what he is

He like gives you 15-20 goals, 10 assist if all things are perfect.

He likely shouldnt even be dressed all games and be healthy scratches like 1 i 4
Or at least be on the 4th line, with Gallagher.

Give the top 9 to the youth. Move out Pearson, Armia, and hopefully Dvo too.

Reactions: Apoplectic Habs Fan

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
He scored! Deflected a shot from Caufield with his left leg.

Kent sent this in the GMs group chat :slaugh:

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
what were the offers?
LeBrun never stated. But serious, it had to be substantial.

I wonder if from Dubas? Basu on his podcast said Anderson big reason for upset against Leafs. Despite only 1 goal in series and that was in Game 1. Said Leafs defenseman scared of his hits and were hurrying. Closes gap quickly. Dubas may remember it tried to get Anderson. Playoffs different than regular season. Physicality more important

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad