Player Discussion Josh Anderson - Power Forward 101 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 28, 2010
He's a legit difference maker.

I really didn't expect this type of player.

Very pleasant surprise.

I think majority of the board expected this type of player. We were getting a power forward (finally) who scored 27 goals just two seasons ago.

Some just focused way too much on his one goal season.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I think majority of the board expected this type of player. We were getting a power forward (finally) who scored 27 goals just two seasons ago.

Some just focused way too much on his one goal season.
When the deal was made, I could not believe the fans on our board, but certainly the main board who were so full of themselves on the 1 goal season...........it was embarassing how foolish they all made themselves look.
This guy is some kind of player, he hits more than he scores for gods sake....he is absolutely how a power forward should play.
I am the biggest basher of the clown GM out there, but let me tell ya I knew this was an amazing trade and pickup.
Hope this guy keeps up the great work, and stays healthy. People said we were gonna love this guy, and they were the one's who knew what they were talking about...

Apeironic

Jan 10, 2019
When the deal was made, I could not believe the fans on our board, but certainly the main board who were so full of themselves on the 1 goal season...........it was embarassing how foolish they all made themselves look.
This guy is some kind of player, he hits more than he scores for gods sake....he is absolutely how a power forward should play.
I am the biggest basher of the clown GM out there, but let me tell ya I knew this was an amazing trade and pickup.
Hope this guy keeps up the great work, and stays healthy. People said we were gonna love this guy, and they were the one's who knew what they were talking about...

Beyond pleased with him-- and I echo ur sentiment-- but I can't help but feel like he will break down at some point. I know that might be without grounds, but he just seems to take allot of damage.

I hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: Andrei79 and BLONG7

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Beyond pleased with him-- and I echo ur sentiment-- but I can't help but feel like he will break down at some point. I know that might be without grounds, but he just seems to take allot of damage.

I hope I'm wrong.

When a team signs a 26 year old to a 7 year contract, they shouldn't expect all 7 years to work out.

It will be a good contract if five or even four of those years work out for the Habs.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
When a team signs a 26 year old to a 7 year contract, they shouldn't expect all 7 years to work out.

It will be a good contract if five or even four of those years work out for the Habs.

Honestly, a lot of these long contracts for 26 yrs+ don’t work out well even within the first few years. While I’m thinking more about UFAs, it’s rare these long contracts pan out at this age.

So far, he’s looking good. Also, for people calling him a glass cannon, step on the ice and play hard like him, then come back and say he’s glass. He plays hard, so risk of injury is higher for him.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
So far he looks like the player I was expecting. Perhaps a smidgen less on playmaking though,thought he might be a bit more deft.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
A real nice diving assist on KK's goal last night. He and JD and KK had a pretty good game.
I'm a big fan of that line. You get a little bit of everything with those three. I don't think it's coincidental that Drouin's confidence and play are both trending up with bigger guys like Anderson and Kotkaniemi making room for him.

Reactions: Sagikev

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
A real nice diving assist on KK's goal last night. He and JD and KK had a pretty good game.
He made a similar pass earlier in the year that led to a Drouin breakaway goal. The best thing about Anderson is that he can help in many ways from scoring, passing and hitting. He brings a lot more to the table than Domi did.

Reactions: 1909

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I’m so happy Josh Anderson is a Hab

This covid situation allowed us to get some players we otherwise wouldn't have been able to. But we're not truly contenders yet. We need to land more good players at the deadline.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I was worried about the one goal season, I fully admit, but that's because of the hot garbage ol' Bergie has dragged in for the last nine years. Anderson is now my favorite Hab. He is EXACTLY what this time has needed for years and years and years. So glad he is here and signed long-term. We need more guys like him. Why Columbus took Domi over him I'll never understand. I am no Bergervin fan, but he robbed the Jackets on this deal.

Reactions: frapp10

The Marsh King

Feb 7, 2020
Not loving JA's season. He came out of the gates flying, but has been in the byron/Lehkonen scoring range since about Feb. 11th. Yes, he hits and he can fly out there, but I'm hoping for more from him as the season goes on.

Last edited:

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
The line as a whole isn’t producing. But Jake Allen mentioned that opposing teams are keying on that line to shut it down which has made things easier for everyone else.
Very true and this is where depth helps.
Next week , we will have 4 centers that can center a first line on many teams.

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad