Confirmed with Link: Joseph and 4th from Tampa for Paul

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
If you can't flourish on a team like Tampa at 25, I don't see how you'll suddenly get better playing with AHLers.
In tampa he’s playing fourth line. How would he flourish there even if it’s the best team in the world. Still minutes aren’t great.

Here he will likely get some shifts with stutzle maybe even with tkatchuk and Norris to add speed

Reactions: KingAlfie11

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Very good chance to win a cup .. couldn't get much better

Winning 2 cups in a row is hard enough. 3 in a row is like playing a video game on insanity difficulty.

And with the Atlantic being as hard as it is, i think Tampa has a higher chance at not winning the cup.

We shall see though.

16w

Jun 23, 2003
So Jason Spezza ends up as Mathieu Joseph. Was Nick Paul the last guy on the team left that was a Murray acquisition? I suppose Murray was still around until the 2017 draft in some capacity so Chabot, White, Formenton and Batherson are sort of Murray guys. Logan Brown was obviously all Dorion's doing.

Reactions: DrEasy

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
In tampa he’s playing fourth line. How would he flourish there even if it’s the best team in the world. Still minutes aren’t great.

Here he will likely get some shifts with stutzle maybe even with tkatchuk and Norris to add speed
So is this a reverse TB? They went and got Coleman and Goodrow was it?...Now they have to trade the same type of player?

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
So is this a reverse TB? They went and got Coleman and Goodrow was it?...Now they have to trade the same type of player?

Hagel and Paul are more likely to make an impact in the playoffs in that role youre talking about than Joseph imo.

Reactions: Loach

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Winning 2 cups in a row is hard enough. 3 in a row is like playing a video game on insanity difficulty.

And with the Atlantic being as hard as it is, i think Tampa has a higher chance at not winning the cup.

We shall see though.
True has not been done very much for sure. Just saying as far as a quality team and a top contender its a good place to land

Reactions: KingAlfie11

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
So Jason Spezza ends up as Mathieu Joseph. Was Nick Paul the last guy on the team left that was a Murray acquisition? I suppose Murray was still around until the 2017 draft in some capacity so Chabot, White, Formenton and Batherson are sort of Murray guys. Logan Brown was obviously all Dorion's doing.
Batherson and Formenton were Trent Mann under Dorion guys

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Would've rather just get a 2nd for him but whatever, lateral move. At least we weren't the ones giving up the pick. Progress!!

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
IMO Joseph is better than a 2nd from a contender. We know joseph is a quality bonafide NHL player . The 2nd is a maybe and it could take some time to find out

agreed this is a decent trade, little risk from our end since Joseph is an nhler but also little reward imo because i personally dont see too much more upside with Joseph. At the very least we got a similar player to Paul back so depending on the extension its not bad.

With a 2nd we could have gotten someone better then paul from the draft or someone worse. Even if it was someone better said player would be a few years away from making an impact

Reactions: DrEasy

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
That 4th round pick is going to be what decides if this trade was a win or not. lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad