Confirmed with Link: Joseph and 4th from Tampa for Paul

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
wow been our best forward since the trade. reminds me of alfie so he is one of my fave players already.

Brady-Norris-Joseph is a dope line.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
wow been our best forward since the trade. reminds me of alfie so he is one of my fave players already.

Brady-Norris-Joseph is a dope line.
Is it an actual line? I saw on NHL.com projected lineup that he was on the 3rd line with White this morning.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Good hockey trade for both sides, Paul will likely play for a SC while Joseph has fit in nicely with the Sens & hopefully breaks out here offensively.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Good hockey trade for both sides, Paul will likely play for a SC while Joseph has fit in nicely with the Sens & hopefully breaks out here offensively.
Great trade for the pro scouting side.

Hopefully we can get Joseph signed. He's relentless

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa

Honestly he is a perfect fit with this team, even more so than Paul was, and I do not mean in the locker-room, but on the actual ice surface where the game of hockey is played.

Nick Pole does not fit the style of this team moving forward.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
If he can become our 2nd line RW, its one less task for Dorion to have to do and can let him focus on finding a better LW than Formenton. Can let Formenton play with Pinto and Brown next year!

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Honestly he is a perfect fit with this team, even more so than Paul was, and I do not mean in the locker-room, but on the actual ice surface where the game of hockey is played.

Nick Pole does not fit the style of this team moving forward.
I don't mind praising Joseph he has been very good but that's nonsense about Paul not fitting in. He is fitting in on a back to back Stanley Cup champ. He is a great bottom 6 matchup player.

So far it's looking like a win win deal for both teams. Joseph sure is a puck hound really like his game so far.

Reactions: Yak and Icelevel

Alfie11

Feb 23, 2018
I don't mind praising Joseph he has been very good but that's nonsense about Paul not fitting in. He is fitting in on a back to back Stanley Cup champ. He is a great bottom 6 matchup player.

So far it's looking like a win win deal for both teams. Joseph sure is a puck hound really like his game so far.

Yeah, no need to dump on Paul to praise Joseph.

In a better world, the Sens could have got Joseph and kept Paul too.

Reactions: Icelevel and bert

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Yeah, no need to dump on Paul to praise Joseph.

In a better world, the Sens could have got Joseph and kept Paul too.
Could still get Paul back...longshot but possible.

I need to try and stay grounded with Joseph as he obviously won't keep up his pace but is it possible he could be a legit 2nd line player? That would be insanely fortunate for the Senators.

I don't see that in him but he certainly is finding ways to contribute and has loads of confidence.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
He’s been awesome, love it. I hated him when we played Tampa, and now love the guy.

That’s how I know he’s awesome lol

Reactions: OD99

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Its a bit early to say this, but I think we've won this trade. Joseph seems to be better at every aspect of the game than Paul. Paul was a developed talent who was the last remnant of the Spezza trade. I loved Paul here, but he doesn't have the speed, shot, or offensive IQ of Joseph.

Legit not sure what Tampa was thinking with this trade, but hey I hope Joseph is more of what we've seen the last two games for the rest of his time here

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Its a bit early to say this, but I think we've won this trade. Joseph seems to be better at every aspect of the game than Paul. Paul was a developed talent who was the last remnant of the Spezza trade. I loved Paul here, but he doesn't have the speed, shot, or offensive IQ of Joseph.

Legit not sure what Tampa was thinking with this trade, but hey I hope Joseph is more of what we've seen the last two games for the rest of his time here
I bet the let Paul walk too. It’s definite a cup run player. I think the issue was that they knew that the couldn’t sign Joseph for what he would be worth in the off season, and so the preemptively traded him at a loss for a guy that would be good for their next run. Kind of like a zib for brass move, except it might actually work for TBay

He has looked great with Norris and Brady, which has allowed Batherson to be tried with Stu and Formy. That’s a work in progress, but now that it looks like Joseph can hange with the bestie boys, maybe we can actually make a second threat with Stu and Bath.

Certainly that would make Stu feel good to play with a legit top 6 winger.

Reactions: bicboi64

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
He has looked great with Norris and Brady, which has allowed Batherson to be tried with Stu and Formy. That’s a work in progress, but now that it looks like Joseph can hange with the bestie boys, maybe we can actually make a second threat with Stu and Bath.
Stu and Bath, being able to have this as an option that works would help so much for this off season, especially if we're not in a position to acquire/offer big contracts given ownership situation

Reactions: Ice-Tray and bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Tampa needs Paul in a shut down and matchup role plus he can play center. He is a big body and better suited for that job than Joseph right now. They are trying to 3 peat the deal makes sense for both teams based on where they are at its a win win. Joseph is playing well, but people shouldnt expect this type of production and maybe need to temper their expectations. The sens just played a terrible team that is spiraling downward. They recently lost 2 of their top 4 d men, Bertuzzi didn't play and they also recently traded two top 9 forwards.

That being said Josephs game is great a true puck hound

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

Tampa needed to get heavier. Paul is a very good heavy player who can not only defend well but also pull of magic individually. That is a top end bottom six player. The kind that are always valuable in the playoffs.

Joseph is better at almost everything offensively and is clearly one of our most talented but on Tampa his skill level is quite pedestrian. So I can see it as them dealing from a place of strength to shore up a weakness.

If Joseph becomes a star/top 6er we make out like bandits but it's not like he was gonna get that chance in Tampa.

Reactions: bert

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Tampa needed to get heavier. Paul is a very good heavy player who can not only defend well but also pull of magic individually. That is a top end bottom six player. The kind that are always valuable in the playoffs.

Joseph is better at almost everything offensively and is clearly one of our most talented but on Tampa his skill level is quite pedestrian. So I can see it as them dealing from a place of strength to shore up a weakness.

If Joseph becomes a star/top 6er we make out like bandits but it's not like he was gonna get that chance in Tampa.
He wasn’t pedestrian at all on Tampa. The ONLY reason they traded him at the TDL is because they knew they couldn’t afford his impending arbitration award (because they didn’t have space to make a legit offer regardless).

They traded him for a cheaper, less offensive, older player, who could still carry the water in the playoffs on the defensive side, that they could walk away from in the off season. Paul will be a great stop gap for them, but Joseph is the better player through and through.

I love Paul like we all do, but I was surprised that we got Joseph in return in terms of value, and also in terms of player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad