Waived: Jori Lehtera on waivers! 2/7/19 - Cleared and loaned to LHV

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
This was obviously fletchers deadline deal in advance. He now has other teams where he wants them and the flyers are ready to go on a run.

dag54

Aug 3, 2005
So if Lehtera clears waivers tomorrow and gets sent down to the Phantoms, would Morin need to be re-activated to the Flyers roster in place of Lehtera before he goes on his conditioning stint with the Phantoms?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'd have to think someone else is coming up, or they just want him to clear waivers, keep him as the 13th forward, and have the option of moving him out as soon as they need the spot.

Right now they can get by with 12, but they need a 13th when they hit the road, though given their schedule of alternating home and away, they might get away with it until the TDL except you really want that #13 in case someone pulls something in the morning skate - long flight from Allentown to Minneapolis on the 12th or Detroit on the 17th.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Just read philly.com and pretend they're joking.

giphy.gif

Hakroach

Veteran Presence
Jan 4, 2005
Helsinki
We traded Brayden Schenn straight up for a player waived 1.5 years later. Makes me ill.

Lehterä is a good player. Little slow but it doesn't matter. Really solid and heavy veteran presence. A really intelligent player. His caphit is too high and if it was lower everyone would be fine with him as a third or fourth liner even though he should play in the top6 derpaderpaderp...
(summed quotes from Finnish hockey "experts")

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
If someone claims him I'm going to celebrate

How will you be celebrating?...

Haha right over my head

Not sure exactly what he was referring to, but there was a lot of coverage this year where people said we traded schenn for Lehtera and it’s not working out well at all haha. I know I saw them say that on NHL network and wanted to yell at them.

I'd have to think someone else is coming up, or they just want him to clear waivers, keep him as the 13th forward, and have the option of moving him out as soon as they need the spot.

Right now they can get by with 12, but they need a 13th when they hit the road, though given their schedule of alternating home and away, they might get away with it until the TDL except you really want that #13 in case someone pulls something in the morning skate - long flight from Allentown to Minneapolis on the 12th or Detroit on the 17th.

How long after a waive do you have to send them down before re waiving? It won’t matter if we have to do it again just seems like a waste.

Hagg not playing well plus an injury has got to mean Myers comes up. He’s got to play up soon at this point if we trade a dman or not this year.

Harhis

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
I remember vividly when Jori had a nice start to his rookie season and finnish "expert" said in a pre game show he would bet that Jori will score 100 points a season. :laugh:

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad