Waived: Jori Lehtera on waivers! 2/7/19 - Cleared and loaned to LHV

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Imagine if we would have started the season with all the moves Fletcher has made so far.

Reactions: marcsson68

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
No more Lethera? Thank God!
If he clears waivers (and I'm sure he will), where will he end up? The Phantoms don't need him robbing the prospects from playing time!

He would be the 6th 320+ game vet so they couldn't play all of them at once.

McDonald
Conner
Brennan
Samuelsson
Weise
Lehtera

If he played, he'd be replacing AHL/ECHL tweeners like Swavely, Huntebrinker and Josh MacDonald.

Lehigh Valley Phantoms at eliteprospects.com

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Andrew MacDonald:

tenor.gif

...I wish.

THIS IS NOT A DEFENSE OF ANDREW MACDONALD.

At least the two playing worse this year went out first. He's been better than both Weise and Lehtera. And I want to say someone else too, but I won't. :laugh:

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
THIS IS NOT A DEFENSE OF ANDREW MACDONALD.

At least the two playing worse this year went out first. He's been better than both Weise and Lehtera. And I want to say someone else too, but I won't. :laugh:
C'mon, lay it on us jabroni. Explain to everyone on the board why AMac has been better for the Flyers this season than Claude Giroux. We all know that's what you're thinking, so take your foot out of your shoe, and put it into your mouth.

Time is yours.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Well it sure seems like Lehtera is getting repalced on the roster by Knight, who is another depth player left by Hextall.

And Weise is still a better NHL player than Phil Varone. It's not like Fletcher got rid of Weise and put NAK in the lineup to replace him. He could have done that a a month ago, but he didn't.

NHL.com - Stats

Varone is getting crushed like a paper cup in easy minutes.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Well it sure seems like Lehtera is getting repalced on the roster by Knight, who is another depth player left by Hextall.

And Weise is still a better NHL player than Phil Varone. It's not like Fletcher got rid of Weise and put NAK in the lineup to replace him. He could have done that a a month ago, but he didn't.

NHL.com - Stats

Varone is getting crushed like a paper cup in easy minutes.

I actually disagree with you on Varone vs. Weise. At least you're getting consistent effort out of Varone. Picked up a nice helper on the GWG in the last game too. He was better early on then he has been lately, but I am still happy with having him over Weise. I'd rather have Bailey or NAK over Varone though.

Audible Velvet

Jul 9, 2015
Philthadelphia
We were supposed to be patient with Hexy and we were. Then it ran out. It was tough to have even a little with Fletch, but it looks like he's moving in the right direction. Now it's tempering the excitement. Torgo - Torgone
Also, consider every post in this thread liked.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I actually disagree with you on Varone vs. Weise. At least you're getting consistent effort out of Varone. Picked up a nice helper on the GWG in the last game too. He was better early on then he has been lately, but I am still happy with having him over Weise. I'd rather have Bailey or NAK over Varone though.

Effort, shmeffort. He's killing his line.

Last edited:

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
C'mon, lay it on us jabroni. Explain to everyone on the board why AMac has been better for the Flyers this season than Claude Giroux. We all know that's what you're thinking, so take your foot out of your shoe, and put it into your mouth.

Time is yours.

Fine, you asked for it.

FACTS.
  • Defense counts too. I know you softies don't like to hear that.
  • The Flyers allow significantly less CA/60, FA/60, GA/60 with Andrew MacDonald on the ice at 5v5.
  • Giroux's stats are padded by his massive PDO (read: Luck) lead on AMac -- 100.97 vs 99.61. Wait until that normalizes before judging. His xPDO is higher than that fraud of a Captain.
  • Once we even make the comp fair to Giroux by taking out Blocked Shots, cheap low danger chances, and run our fancy regressions, who do you think comes out ahead in Expected Fenwick Shooting% AND Expected Fenwick Save %? It's not the police toucher.
Bet on math in the long run, my friend.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Varone and Knight at least haven’t been around long enough for me to actively hate them. Lehtera waived means only one guy remains from the Axis of ****. Andrew MacDonald, you’re on the clock.
Do we start a GoFundAMacBuyout?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Effort, smeffort. He's killing his line.

He's definitely not ideal, I just like him over Weise. Plus, the whole issue with Weise clearly went beyond his playing ability. There must have been a falling out with Gordon.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Do we start a GoFundAMacBuyout?
I've noticed a considerable difference in the way AMac has played vs the beginning of the year. I don't think he has been bad. Hagg is the liability out of the defense. I wouldn't turn down an offer for AMac just to finally move on from him, but I don't think he needs to be moved or anything. He is down on my hit list right now

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I've noticed a considerable difference in the way AMac has played vs the beginning of the year. I don't think he has been bad. Hagg is the liability out of the defense. I wouldn't turn down an offer for AMac just to finally move on from him, but I don't think he needs to be moved or anything. He is down on my hit list right now
I agree that he’s not our worst dman right now but I would move him for future considerations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad