Prospect Info: Jordan Kyrou (2016 Draft - 35 Overall)

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
giphy.gif

Reactions: TK 421

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Right. That was my point. If they think will be short call up seems odd to call up top prospect like Kyrou only to send him back down in few days.
San Antonio doesn't play until Friday. Even if he doesn't get into an NHL game, all he is missing by practicing with the NHL team are his AHL practices. This is the perfect time for a very short term call up for a top prospect who you want to get as much playing time as possible.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
itshappening.gif

I'm still not sure he's ready to outright dominate at this level, but we may never get that player regardless of where he's playing hockey this year. Hopefully he's able to develop that game while learning at the NHL level. The kid has all the tools -- and the toolbox -- the question is whether or not he'll push himself to be that takeaway machine that he's shown he can be. If he does, we've got a real game changer on our hands. If he doesn't, we've got a serviceable Top-6 winger who can dish and run a powerplay. Either way, he's a RHS.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
My guess is Kyrou plays tomorrow in Buffalo and Poganski is there as insurance as the 13th forward.
Poganski should play over Brouwer. Currently Brouwer is hurting every time his skates hit the ice. I can't see Poganski would be worse option for Brouwer position.

Reactions: badmoth

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
He seems to have tailed off after great start.
This was pretty predictable. He was hot in the AHL, and was able to play at an NHL level showing his good hockey sense and offensive instincts. But over a long period he’s still a tweener level player. I suspect Poganski and Walker will be sent down as guys come back not the line-up. If he doesn’t blow it, Kyrou has a chance to stick with this call up.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
He’s gonna be a good player. Speed and skill is there. His hockey sense looks pretty good.

He’s also added muscle and isn’t shying away from hits or board play. I feel really confident about him now.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
So Kyrou has shown that he can play as a 2nd line winger with excellent offense and underrated defensive work in all zones (though still makes young player mistakes there).

Currently he's tied for 59th in points at 21: tied at 80th with 8 goals, and 68th with 13 assists, and tied at 103rd with a .75 PPG. He is tied for team lead in takeaways with 13, and near tied for 2nd to last in giveaways with 6 (adjusting for injuries and TOI). He has shown the ability to drive his own line and has shown flashes of dominating his shifts.

What does his next contract warrant?

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Think both Thomas and Kyrou are looking at bridge deals in the 3-4 mill range and 5-6 mil range in the contract afterwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad