Prospect Info: Jordan Kyrou (2016 Draft - 35 Overall)

tomin

AintNoSeats
Sponsor
Dec 18, 2014
Basically agree. I think the past week and a half or so and the success with some of these randoms, although great, has buried the lead. We tried Klim now it’s Jordan’s turn.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
If Kyrou were ready, he'd be here. No question.
@RampageNate has reported first-hand that his decision-making is still not up to snuff. That's simply not going to cut it here.
No qualms whatsoever with Kyrou not being here, and if the Blues were to include him in a trade that could ultimately explain why he's not here now. (Not saying he will or should be traded - but it's impossible to know what the team thinks about his long-term value.) . I trust the Blues ability to evaluate skaters (not goalies, obviously), and think it says a lot that he's currently not on the big-squad with as banged up as the boys are. No reason to bang on that drum and demand his call-up just yet.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Ok, bring the kid up already. The roster is dressing Brouwer, Mac Mac, de la something, and Walker. The team will need help scoring and there's a great opportunity to slot Kyrou with one of the top two lines. I don't get the wait. I get he missed camp, had an injury, needed to skate etc.. We're past that point. Calling all Kyrou....
He’ll be here eventually. There’s no rush.

I understand he’s doing well in the AHL but we are also first in our conference. The Blues are doing fine, let’s not act like we’re desperate.

I’d give Walker more time to see if he can keep it up. If in 2 weeks he has cooled off, then yes call up JK to replace him.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
He’ll be here eventually. There’s no rush.

I understand he’s doing well in the AHL but we are also first in our conference. The Blues are doing fine, let’s not act like we’re desperate.

I’d give Walker more time to see if he can keep it up. If in 2 weeks he has cooled off, then yes call up JK to replace him.

I don’t think it’s an act of desperation to call up Kyrou. Walker can get time on the 4th line. Brouwer hasn’t shown anything.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
He's not a kid who's 4, each game he scores some more, he just likes scoring he's Ky..Rou.

Reactions: MissouriMook

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

Per JRs Twitter: "Sanford didn’t skate today and he’s probably doubtful for Tuesday. Steen and Sundqvist will go on the trip but won’t play. Berube says they’ll have to call up somebody. San Antonio is playing in Toronto, near Buffalo, so that will be easy. Berube says Blues need a spark. Kyrou?"

Here's hoping.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
I'm wondering if he's pushing too hard on some plays because of the talent he has around him. Let's face it, there isn't one player on that roster besides Kostin that has some hype around him (excluding Kyrou) with some nice offensive touch. I'm pleasantly surprised with Stevens though, but I'm not sure if he point totals reflect his playmaking ability or not. I know he was a reliable player in college and put up points, so I'm going to guess that his +/- is due to the team being bad. I'm curious if a callup for Kyrou would help his decision making. At least being able to see how the pros handle themselves in tough situations and much high paced play, I really think it could push him to another gear. I'm hoping that he at least gets a look while some other guys are getting some time resting.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
With Steen and Sunny about to return seems like odd time to call up Kyrou. I know everyone expecting him tomorrow but doesn’t make sense.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
The most important thing right now is what is best for Jordan Kyrou. Despite a couple of poor showings recently, the team is in good shape. If being up with the team will help Kyrou's development, then by all means bring him up, as long as the experience improves the way he thinks the game, as opposed to simply exposing his inexperience. If the Blues think he is better served with more seasoning in SA, then I will trust their judgement about that too. The Blues aren't in that much trouble. (Yet), They don't desperately need Kyrou. Let him develop at his own pace.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian39

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Brouwer in the lineup makes me head hurt.

He isn't bad, he is more like terrible.

Him and Sanford are easily our worst forwards.

And YES call Kyrou please. Want to see him on ice at NHL level while we've so much players out. I see giving kid few games at NHL level will improve their develope curve.

Last edited:

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
With Steen and Sunny about to return seems like odd time to call up Kyrou. I know everyone expecting him tomorrow but doesn’t make sense.

Steen and Sunny didn’t practice with the team yesterday so that likely means neither is quite ready to return yet. And Sanford didn’t practice either. If none of those 3 are ready to play in Buffalo, that leaves the Blues only 11 healthy forwards. If that’s the case, a call-up is definitely going to happen.

That call-up could go to a handful of players but I’d say Kyrou is the most likely at this point.

But yes, it may be a short call-up if guys like Steen, Sunny and/or Sanford can return to play sometime this week.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Steen and Sunny didn’t practice with the team yesterday so that likely means neither is quite ready to return yet. And Sanford didn’t practice either. If none of those 3 are ready to play in Buffalo, that leaves the Blues only 11 healthy forwards. If that’s the case, a call-up is definitely going to happen.

That call-up could go to a handful of players but I’d say Kyrou is the most likely at this point.

But yes, it may be a short call-up if guys like Steen, Sunny and/or Sanford can return to play sometime this week.
Right. That was my point. If they think will be short call up seems odd to call up top prospect like Kyrou only to send him back down in few days.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Right. That was my point. If they think will be short call up seems odd to call up top prospect like Kyrou only to send him back down in few days.

Who should they call up instead then?

Whoever gets called up will very likely play in BUF so might as well call up the kid that’s scoring at a good clip in the AHL IMO.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Who should they call up instead then?

Whoever gets called up will very likely play in BUF so might as well call up the kid that’s scoring at a good clip in the AHL IMO.
They called up both Kyrou and Pogo (who I would have assumed would be choice for 1 game call up). Wonder if they plan to keep Kyrou up even when Sunny and Steen are back?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
I hope Kyrou gets top 6 time. The offense needs a spark, and in a sheltered role with quality teammates, he could provide that.
I don't care so much about top 6 ice time, but I want him playing with top 6 players. If you're going to play him for 7 minutes on the 4th line with Mac and DLR and expect him to generate offense, you're doing the team and Jordan a disservice. That's pretty clearly not his game. I understand having players earn their ice time, but Jordan just doesn't play that type of game, so trying to force him into that role just isn't going to work. At least put him on the third line with Sanford and Bozak. Give him something to work with.

EDIT: Forgot Sanford's hurt. f*** it, Perron-ROR-Kyrou. 2 games. See what happens.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
They called up both Kyrou and Pogo (who I would have assumed would be choice for 1 game call up). Wonder if they plan to keep Kyrou up even when Sunny and Steen are back?

That depends. If he hits a bunch of people and provides nothing offensively, they will keep him up (De La Rose). Or alternatively, he can just grow 6 inches and he will stay up regardless of performance (Sanford). But if he plays an offensive game and manages to score a goal, they will immediately bench him (Kostin), or possibly trade him (Fabbri). :sarcasm:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I don't care so much about top 6 ice time, but I want him playing with top 6 players. If you're going to play him for 7 minutes on the 4th line with Mac and DLR and expect him to generate offense, you're doing the team and Jordan a disservice. That's pretty clearly not his game. I understand having players earn their ice time, but Jordan just doesn't play that type of game, so trying to force him into that role just isn't going to work. At least put him on the third line with Sanford and Bozak. Give him something to work with.

EDIT: Forgot Sanford's hurt. **** it, Perron-ROR-Kyrou. 2 games. See what happens.
Yeah, that's what I meant. Even if he gets 12ish minutes, I just hope it's on one of the top 2 lines.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007

My guess is Kyrou plays tomorrow in Buffalo and Poganski is there as insurance as the 13th forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->