Prospect Info: Jordan Kyrou (2016 Draft - 35 Overall)

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Sounds like if he can put on some muscle and weight, he will be a good 3rd line center with good turn over speed to start a rush the other way. Probably not a 2nd round diamond in the rough like we've found previously, but should be a safe, no nonsense pick that we'll see in camp in a year or two.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I really like his playmaking and skating ability. I'm completely fine with this pick.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
I am loving everything I read. Super fast, skilled and great vision. Uses speed to also play good on defense and win battles.
Not perfect, could work on his shot and use it more, he could get stronger but an increased role in Sarnia could do him well.

I think I like him more then Thompson based on reports and readings.

phxblue

Dec 17, 2015
I am loving everything I read. Super fast, skilled and great vision. Uses speed to also play good on defense and win battles.
Not perfect, could work on his shot and use it more, he could get stronger but an increased role in Sarnia could do him well.

I think I like him more then Thompson based on reports and readings.

It sounds like Kyrou and Thompson's games compliment one another. We could see them on the 2nd line in a few years.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Reading about Jordan, he does looks like pretty promising and maybe our best pick in this year draft.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
It sounds like Kyrou and Thompson's games compliment one another. We could see them on the 2nd line in a few years.

That's what I was thinking. Big PWF who drives the net with a great shot and smaller speedy player with vision and passing ability. Could go well on our 2nd unit if they pan out.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Short quote from Brock writing
But Kyrou does have his flaws. He needs to shoot the puck more and will need to work on his shot if he wants to be a more complete offensive player
that made me smile a little bit. I can already imagine when Panger is in the broadcast and commentate Kyrou's plays and screams that -"shoot ffs, shoot".

anlongo13

Aug 6, 2014
Ottumwa, IA
Short quote from Brock writing that made me smile a little bit. I can already imagine when Panger is in the broadcast and commentate Kyrou's plays and screams that -"shoot ffs, shoot".

Don't need to worry about that one, he will have 18k people reminding him to "SHOOT" on every power play.

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
Short quote from Brock writing that made me smile a little bit. I can already imagine when Panger is in the broadcast and commentate Kyrou's plays and screams that -"shoot ffs, shoot".

He doesn't shoot enough..he will fit right in with our team. Lol

execwrite

May 4, 2002
Peekskill, NY
Visit site
From an OHL poster

Kyrou - Likely my biggest disappointment. Fully expected him to challenge for the top half of the first round of the NHL draft. His point totals were far from what I envisioned. He didn't make anyone around him better. Many giveaways and selfish play. He has great hands and skill but he needs to decide if he wants to be a great OHL player or a future NHL player (not always the same thing)

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
From an OHL poster

Kyrou - Likely my biggest disappointment. Fully expected him to challenge for the top half of the first round of the NHL draft. His point totals were far from what I envisioned. He didn't make anyone around him better. Many giveaways and selfish play. He has great hands and skill but he needs to decide if he wants to be a great OHL player or a future NHL player (not always the same thing)

Damn. That sucks. And Random OHL poster guy has never been wrong before. Might as well trade this guy for a 7th next year and be done with him :sarcasm:

Seriously though, I am not super high on Kyrou. I just trashed him a little bit in the prospect ranking thread. But give us some credentials on this guy before randomly posting quotes. I know this board is all opinions of lay-people ie fans, but you learn to know whose opinions to respect. If Easton or Celtic or Akhla post as examples, I tend to pay more attention than some others who won't be named. But random OHL poster guy, no clue. So that might as well be gibberish to me. Its meaningless.

execwrite

May 4, 2002
Peekskill, NY
Visit site
Damn. That sucks. And Random OHL poster guy has never been wrong before. Might as well trade this guy for a 7th next year and be done with him :sarcasm:

Seriously though, I am not super high on Kyrou. I just trashed him a little bit in the prospect ranking thread. But give us some credentials on this guy before randomly posting quotes. I know this board is all opinions of lay-people ie fans, but you learn to know whose opinions to respect. If Easton or Celtic or Akhla post as examples, I tend to pay more attention than some others who won't be named. But random OHL poster guy, no clue. So that might as well be gibberish to me. Its meaningless.

Of course there is no way to verify every comment posted on these boards. That's pretty obvious. Take it for what it's worth - maybe nothing, maybe worth considering.

This poster seems to know what he's talking about - take a look for yourself (Lazyboy, half way down the page)

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Sarnia fan just checking in. How has Jordan looked through camp thus far? will he be getting an extended stay this year or back to Sarnia this week before Friday's season opener?

We expect big things from him this year after finishing near the top in OHL scoring last year.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Sarnia fan just checking in. How has Jordan looked through camp thus far? will he be getting an extended stay this year or back to Sarnia this week before Friday's season opener?

We expect big things from him this year after finishing near the top in OHL scoring last year.

He won't make the team. He just isn't doing much right now.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
IMO: I don't see him sticking past this stretch of games through the 25th of the month. Will he be back for the Stings opener? I don't think so. I get the feeling they want to see him in a couple more games before he goes back.

He's not been near as impressive against NHL comp as he was in the Summer Showcase. He needs another year of junior for developing and growth.

Certainly wouldn't surprise me if they did send him down this week though. I'd say it's a 70/30 chance he stays til Sunday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->