Player Discussion Jordan Eberle

tsnTpoint

Apr 2, 2010
Where is the motivation for NYI? We would have to throw in a 1st at the very least.

I am no Eberle fan. The thing with the Islander is, they pretty much have zero top line offence to play beside Tavares. They need scoring/skill in a desperate way.

If anyone has their backs against the wall to offer good value for Eberle, its the Islanders.

Last edited:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I am no Eberle fan. The thing with the Islander is, they pretty much have zero top line offence beside Tavares. They need scoring/skill in a desperate way.

If anyone is in a position to offer good value for Eberle, its the Islanders.

Something around Cizikas + or Hamonic would help both teams. I don't want anything to do with Strome or any of the rest of the overpaid middle sixers they're carrying around (like Grabo and Kulemin).

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Something around Cizikas + or Hamonic would help both teams. I don't want anything to do with Strome or any of the rest of the overpaid middle sixers they're carrying around (like Grabo and Kulemin).

The reason I like Strome from them is because he's a realistic buy-low. He allows us to get another substantial piece while still positively contributing to the roster. It's not unreasonable to say he could be a 40 point guy moving between our 1st and 3rd lines all season with secondary PP time. He's decent scoring depth.

Cizikas is a player I would personally love to have, but would hate to trade for. He just makes too much money for a bottom six forward for my liking. The role he plays is something that gets filled at the trade deadline every single year for minimal cost. That being said, I wouldn't be disappointed if he was the key guy coming back--he's a gamer.

I still think Hamonic is a pipedream. If he's moving, it's for Matt Duchene...and even then it doesn't make a lot of sense considering Johnson and Barrie are already in Colorado.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
I am no Eberle fan. The thing with the Islander is, they pretty much have zero top line offence to play beside Tavares. They need scoring/skill in a desperate way.

If anyone has their backs against the wall to offer good value for Eberle, its the Islanders.

Yes and I also think Eberle and Tavares would have nice chemistry together

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
If NYI trade for a forward its a 2C. Not a RW.

Hamonic for Tyler Johnson makes a ton of sense to me, although Hamonic is a bit of a question mark for Tampa with his Western Canada trade request last year.

AVE MAN

Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
Does anyone see an Evander Kane for Jordan Eberle deal happening? In some ways it almost makes sense. Each team gets rid of their problem and Kane and Ebs get a change of scenery. Although how many changes of scenery does Kane need?

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Does anyone see an Evander Kane for Jordan Eberle deal happening? In some ways it almost makes sense. Each team gets rid of their problem and Kane and Ebs get a change of scenery. Although how many changes of scenery does Kane need?

Kane is not someone Chia would want here. He needs to be away from big hockey markets

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

God, not a chance. Kane is a totally different type of problem. A cancer on and off the ice.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If there's nothing better, I would consider a Kane for Eberle swap but only after speaking with him and explaining there's a zero tolerance for goofing off or you're going to find yourself in the AHL.

McDaddy

ruh roh
Jan 22, 2017
Edmonton
If there's nothing better, I would consider a Kane for Eberle swap but only after speaking with him and explaining there's a zero tolerance for goofing off or you're going to find yourself in the AHL.

This.

Im guessing if he goes to a wining team for once, he will realize what its like to be part of a family, and not only that, but part if a 'positive winning environment' as others have stated when referring to playing for the Oilers this season. I don't think you'd see much BS from him.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
This.

Im guessing if he goes to a wining team for once, he will realize what its like to be part of a family, and not only that, but part if a 'positive winning environment' as others have stated when referring to playing for the Oilers this season. I don't think you'd see much BS from him.

The difference between someone like Kane and someone like Kassian, is that at least from reports, Kassian got along with teamates, but had trouble with controlling himself with substance abuse. He did break the law when he crashed his truck, but obviously that was under the influence.

Kane has documented issues with teammates, and as gotten into trouble with the law of his own accord, not necessarily under the influence of any substance. I happen to think he is an arrogant, entitled punk that has continued to get into trouble wherever he's been. Not to mention, he's been a bit of a band-aid the last few years. I, for one, want nothing to do with him, no matter how much talent he may have. The Jets had a decent team while he was there, with more than a few solid vets, but that didn't matter.

You want to move Eberle, and expect to get a problem back? Sure, but this is the type of problem that has toxic all over it. Get someone that is underperforming, but has some talent, without all the other baggage this clown brings.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
The difference between someone like Kane and someone like Kassian, is that at least from reports, Kassian got along with teamates, but had trouble with controlling himself with substance abuse. He did break the law when he crashed his truck, but obviously that was under the influence.

Kane has documented issues with teammates, and as gotten into trouble with the law of his own accord, not necessarily under the influence of any substance. I happen to think he is an arrogant, entitled punk that has continued to get into trouble wherever he's been. Not to mention, he's been a bit of a band-aid the last few years. I, for one, want nothing to do with him, no matter how much talent he may have. The Jets had a decent team while he was there, with more than a few solid vets, but that didn't matter.

You want to move Eberle, and expect to get a problem back? Sure, but this is the type of problem that has toxic all over it. Get someone that is underperforming, but has some talent, without all the other baggage this clown brings.

Completely agree in terms of Kane. Thats a problem this team doesnt need and I have no doubt Chiarelli wants to maintain the team chemistry...not disrupt it.

In terms of Eberle I am a little surprised at that some posters simply want him off the team and are willing to take virtually anything back.
This team already has a problem with top 6 winger depth so IF Eberle gets moved this summer then there had better be an impressive plan to improve the top 6 depth.

BleedingOil

Dec 4, 2006
Edmonton
The difference between someone like Kane and someone like Kassian, is that at least from reports, Kassian got along with teamates, but had trouble with controlling himself with substance abuse. He did break the law when he crashed his truck, but obviously that was under the influence

He wasnt driving

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Completely agree in terms of Kane. Thats a problem this team doesnt need and I have no doubt Chiarelli wants to maintain the team chemistry...not disrupt it.

In terms of Eberle I am a little surprised at that some posters simply want him off the team and are willing to take virtually anything back.
This team already has a problem with top 6 winger depth so IF Eberle gets moved this summer then there had better be an impressive plan to improve the top 6 depth.

Would you be okay with trading Ebs and signing Williams for an year or two? Less cap hit, same term, more effective imo.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Would you be okay with trading Ebs and signing Williams for an year or two? Less cap hit, same term, more effective imo.

I dont think a stop gap is the answer. There is precious little in the system in terms of potentially legit top 6 wingers.
IMO Chiarelli needs to bring in a player (a 3rd liner with 2nd line potential) in his early 20's who has a low cap hit.
Another player/prospect coming back would have to be a part of this as well.

Otherwise I just keep Eberle until at least Christmas. This was a bad season...I think he is going to have a bounce back year offensively.

Last edited:

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I dont think a stop gap is the answer. There is precious little in the system in terms of potentially legit top 6 wingers.
IMO Chiarelli needs to bring in a player (a 3rd liner with 2nd line potential) in his early 20's who has a low cap hit.

Otherwise I just keep Eberle until at least Christmas. This was a bad season...I think he is going to have a bounce back year offensively.

Stopgap until JP is ready. I'm sure you agree that JP will likely end up replacing Ebs anyways.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Stopgap until JP is ready. I'm sure you agree that JP will likely end up replacing Ebs anyways.

Maybe. JP is still a question mark IMO. I hope he turns out but there are still a lot of gaps in his game. I wouldn't put all of my eggs in the JP basket...I think the team needs more depth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad