Player Discussion Jordan Eberle

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
He is both. C/RW.

Draisaitl is also not a RW, but he plays there.

It's called versatility.

Draisaitl is a good centerman, Strome is not. Draisaitl played RW because the Oilers didn't have any others good enough to play with McDavid. Strome played RW because he's not a good centerman. If they thought he was, Brock Nelson wouldn't have been taking the draws on that line.
To put in perspective, Caggulia took almost as many faceoffs as Strome last year. The year before, Strome took less than 100 for the entire season.

McJesusSaves97

I see the light
May 17, 2015
Cowtown: Behind Enemy Lines
I would not mind if we traded Eberle for something around the Stars second first round pick at 29. I know most will argue (a valid point) that our time is now & we don't need more picks, but I like many of the options that should be available still at both forward and defense (Lind, Thomas, Ratcliffe, Timmins, Olivier-Joseph). I would prefer this over many of the rumored returns like Strome, Eakin etc.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I would not mind if we traded Eberle for something around the Stars second first round pick at 29. I know most will argue (a valid point) that our time is now & we don't need more picks, but I like many of the options that should be available still at both forward and defense (Lind, Thomas, Ratcliffe, Timmins, Olivier-Joseph). I would prefer this over many of the rumored returns like Strome, Eakin etc.

Unless the Oilers retain a large amount of salary there's no chance the Stars take on his contract. Plus they need defense badly.

Bangers

May 31, 2006

If the Oilers already have a deal in place to replace him (e.g. sign Williams or trade for another top 6 RW), I'd do it. Otherwise, trading him for a pick isn't a good idea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad