Jordan Binnington

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
I had said awhile back that he seemed to improve after his rookie season in each league he played in. He's finally reached a level where he can be a reliable starter. Nothing flashy, but positionally and mentally strong. He also is able to come up with a big save when needed to. He oozes confidence and it's spreading all over the team.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
I’m happy for the kid, but I remember a few Blues goalies that looked the part and faded into the sunset. I hope it is a long career, but Ed Staniowski anyone? Setting the kid up for being a future piñata. What next? A 5 year $5 million a year contract he won’t live up to? Cautious optimism....

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I’m happy for the kid, but I remember a few Blues goalies that looked the part and faded into the sunset. I hope it is a long career, but Ed Staniowski anyone? Setting the kid up for being a future piñata. What next? A 5 year $5 million a year contract he won’t live up to? Cautious optimism....
I feel ya, I honestly do. But I just have that feeling, I really think we finally found our answer in net. I'm not saying he's going to be a superstar/all-star, but a steady starter that can actually shake off the bad goals/games & continue to play to win. Nothing flashy, but someone who gives the team a chance to win everytime he's in net, absolutely I see that. That's all most of us have ever wanted is to not have to worry about goaltending, not some superstar demanding a fat contract. That's what I believe Binnington gives us, a legit starter that doesn't do anything amazing except win, which if you look back he does done at every level. The kid is a gamer, and doesn't let a bad night or a soft goal get in his head & mess with his confidence, and that's comforting after what we've had to deal with for quite some time now.

That's just what I see.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
“Mysterious People don’t Cry.” -Jordan Binnington.

That is a legendary quote right there. I’d love to ask him about his thoughts on our universe and see if he is our Bryzgalov.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

brokeu91

Jul 4, 2017
Rhode Island
Say it ain't so! HF Blues has become flat-earthers :scared:
kVyoYe4EJ_9K6jKhp4F5kwUJxHFT-u_awDqXf7TLEn0.gif

Reactions: STLomacneko

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Jordan Winnington and the St.Louis Chaaaaaws are here to burn down your village.

puckerdude10

Feb 22, 2010
Columbia
Can anyone tell me the number of games Binnington needs to play so that he retains his RFA status? I thought it was a bit over 20 but cannot remember for sure and I am hoping he is getting close.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Can anyone tell me the number of games Binnington needs to play so that he retains his RFA status? I thought it was a bit over 20 but cannot remember for sure and I am hoping he is getting close.

28 games, but a goalie must play a certain number of minutes for the game to qualify (30 maybe?). At least one of JB's 3 stints coming in for Allen did not qualify. So he needs 29 total games, or 8 more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad