Jordan Binnington

hullderko

Apr 21, 2015
As much as I enjoyed Pang's last interview with Binnington, I think Pang should keep the clown show away from him. Call me superstitious, but I don't want the clowning around to chink Binnington's mojo in any way whatsoever.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
2v0jw8.jpg

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Allen should only being playing from here on out against the worse of the worse, and even then it shouldn't be many. 18 games left I'd give him 3 more starts tops, and if he gives another showing like this one I'd call up one of the kids and just keep 3 goalies from that point until the PO's.

Reactions: Bendak

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
Allen should only being playing from here on out against the worse of the worse, and even then it shouldn't be many. 18 games left I'd give him 3 more starts tops, and if he gives another showing like this one I'd call up one of the kids and just keep 3 goalies from that point until the PO's.
Common sense says he will play the less important game in back to backs, just like he did last night and, possibly after we clinch our place for the playoffs, another to give Binnington a rest. I just read that, since Binnington became the starter, he has a .500 points percentage. Binnington (I always think of Binnys Beverage Depot, when I hear his name!) has won about 86% of his possible points, if he can even win 60% the rest of the way and Allen stays at 50% that would get us to about 95 points, which would put us in the playoffs.

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
Thank god this guy is back in tomorrow. I just can’t get excited when I know Allen is playing in a game.

Totally different team when Binner is in the net. Team needs to figure out how to score again. But yeah, Allen is a mental breakdown waiting to happen.

Reactions: Bendak

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
28 games, but a goalie must play a certain number of minutes for the game to qualify (30 maybe?). At least one of JB's 3 stints coming in for Allen did not qualify. So he needs 29 total games, or 8 more.

I thought I read somewhere it was 26 games vice 28 because one year was a lock-out year.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I thought I read somewhere it was 26 games vice 28 because one year was a lock-out year.

Its possible. I was going off of the CBA definition of a Group VI free-agent. I didn't look into it that deeply to see if any unique circumstances changed it in this specific instance. CBA defines a Group VI UFA as:

"Means any Player who is age 25 or older who has completed three (3) or more professional seasons, whose SPC has expired and: ...in the case of a goaltender, has played less than 28 NHL Games (for the
purpose of this definition, a goaltender must have played a minimum of thirty (30) minutes in an NHL Game to register a game played)."

That clause says nothing about lockout shortened seasons effecting the number of games, but it might be in the fine print, elsewhere in the CBA or in a ancillary agreement. So short answer is...i dunno.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
Its possible. I was going off of the CBA definition of a Group VI free-agent. I didn't look into it that deeply to see if any unique circumstances changed it in this specific instance. CBA defines a Group VI UFA as:

"Means any Player who is age 25 or older who has completed three (3) or more professional seasons, whose SPC has expired and: ...in the case of a goaltender, has played less than 28 NHL Games (for the
purpose of this definition, a goaltender must have played a minimum of thirty (30) minutes in an NHL Game to register a game played)."

That clause says nothing about lockout shortened seasons effecting the number of games, but it might be in the fine print, elsewhere in the CBA or in a ancillary agreement. So short answer is...i dunno.

I can't find it either. But I know I heard it somewhere...

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
He's at 21 games that qualify, so he needs to play 30+ minutes in 7 more games. That includes playoffs. Barring a significant injury that greatly impacts his offseason value, he's going to hit that number and be an RFA.

I have never read anything about 26 games instead of 28 and it certainly isn't in the CBA. My guess is that if that number existed, it was just for the summer directly following the lockout in case the 48 game season screwed with a team's plans for their players that summer. It would make no sense for that type of agreement to remain in place 6 summers later.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Allen should NOT play any more games this year. Every game now is important and we could slide out of the playoff

ItsOnlytheRiver

Mar 25, 2010
It would be a pretty incredible fall if we lost out on a playoff spot and Allen’s minimal amount of starts would not be the main factor.

Reactions: GoldenSeal

DeuceNine

Like You Read About
Aug 6, 2006
Stymieville
He was an issue, but at some point, all of the team had their share. His were just more obvious and visible. Hopefully he has his game back to form a solid tandem in the playoffs. He always seems to do better in that role anyway.

ItsOnlytheRiver

Mar 25, 2010
So, in your opinion, Allen is the cause of all the team's problems?
It’s been a while since I had this conversation but I don’t think that was my point. Can you clarify where you interpreted that?

I no longer believe Allen is a viable starter in this league but I don’t tend to ever swing to such dramatic conclusions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad