Value of: Jonathan Drouin

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
Drouin>>>>>Lucic <<<<<free.
Run along now.
In the cap era, both Lucic and Drouin would easily pass through waivers. Free (AKA cap space) is definitely the most valuable thing you listed.

I actually do think Drouin is a little better than Looch but Flames are already stacked at LW, so Drouin would probably end up in a bottom 6/PP 2 role. Not really a good fit.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
In the cap era, both Lucic and Drouin would easily pass through waivers. Free (AKA cap space) is definitely the most valuable thing you listed.

I actually do think Drouin is a little better than Looch but Flames are already stacked at LW, so Drouin would probably end up in a bottom 6/PP 2 role. Not really a good fit.

Except Drouin woud get instantly picked up, Vs Lucic.

Give your head a shake buddy, IDK what they put in your water, but Drouin is on another pkanet compared to the value he has vs Lucic, and his value is low at the very moment. Doesn't mean Drouin would fetch a great return, just how much Lucic is putrid

DeysArena

Oct 5, 2020
Drouin is seven years younger than Lucic. Someone would be willing to gamble on him.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Normally I would agree. But look at very comparable free agents who have yet to sign..

There aren't any comparable UFA

Hoffman is 31, and there's probably not a whole lot of team linning up to give him a long term deal (hence why he hasn't signed yet as he wants to bank on his last seasons which won't happen this year), Granlund doesn't play the same game at all.

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016

Crazy talk..

You're right about something thought, Lucic is garbage

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Completely different situation, plus Drouin still has the 'what if' factor. Zero chance teams would let him pass through waivers.
the what if factor ? like " what if what you see is what you get ?"

it ain't pretty.

Reactions: mattihp

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

A little bit better. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Now we know your just trying to get a reaction. A little bit. :facepalm:

Halakitlikethat

Oct 10, 2013
British Columbia
His value is pretty low right now so would be dumb for Montreal to trade him . They know what they have in him, let’s hope Suzuki can be a consistent line mate and he can help JD

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
His value is pretty low right now so would be dumb for Montreal to trade him . They know what they have in him, let’s hope Suzuki can be a consistent line mate and he can help JD
Exactly, which is why this thread is silly...

The team finally has a line-up that should maximize his abilities and help hide his deficiencies a bit, and now they think it's a good idea to trade him for pennies on the dollar? Not likely...

Edward Richtofen

Dec 9, 2020
His value will be much higher after this coming season. Finally he will play with a real centerman with high IQ and a big strong fast winger to create space for him.

Drouin - Suzuki - Anderson

Edward Richtofen

Dec 9, 2020

Thanks I needed a good laugh.

Edward Richtofen

Dec 9, 2020
Even Toffoli on that line would work as well, he’s a guy that can finish and both JD and suzuki can be good playmakers
Agreed. But I really want to see Toffoli with Kotkaniemi and Byron

Byron - Kotkaniemi - Toffoli

Also, I really want Drouin to start shooting more and try to become more of a sniper, he’s got a deadly shot but doesn’t shoot enough.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
His value will be much higher after this coming season. Finally he will play with a real centerman with high IQ and a big strong fast winger to create space for him.

Drouin - Suzuki - Anderson

so one of our highest paid forwards, his job is to ride the coattails of a young kid and a guy with size ? I cannot fathom why you would want to saddle suzuki with Drouin's lacksidasical effort and abject refusal to play defense or the body.

The facts are clear, drouin is what he is. if he does better, it because he will simply parasitize better linemates.

he is STILL going to stickhandle into traffic

Reactions: ultra63

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
so one of our highest paid forwards, his job is to ride the coattails of a young kid and a guy with size ? I cannot fathom why you would want to saddle suzuki with Drouin's lacksidasical effort and abject refusal to play defense or the body.

The facts are clear, drouin is what he is. if he does better, it because he will simply parasitize better linemates.

he is STILL going to stickhandle into traffic

Because they clicked and were effective together.

Last edited:

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
so drouin is out new deharnais. A guy who, despite never earning it, HAS to play with better linemates where he NEVER drives the line. Why is it that it is only Drouin, and ALWAYS only drouin who needs to be carried by better linemates ?

lots of players would benefit playing opn the top line. But it's ALWAYS drouin who gets the tap to " get him going". he isn't going to change, he's a one dimensional " scoring" winger who needs teamamtes to carry the load because he can't, and he lacks the skills and the temperement to play bottom 6.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Not sure why people are freaking out on JD playing with Suzuki and Anderson. JD was playing well with Suzuki and if it doesn't work well we actually now have options to move him up and down the line up.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Agreed. But I really want to see Toffoli with Kotkaniemi and Byron

Byron - Kotkaniemi - Toffoli

Also, I really want Drouin to start shooting more and try to become more of a sniper, he’s got a deadly shot but doesn’t shoot enough.
Toffili with kk and armia maybe

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
If the drouin Suzuki armia line showed promise I really like a tofolli kk Anderson combination to . Forget about what line is 1 2 or 3 , that would be three great lines

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad