Value of: Jonathan Drouin

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
A similar aged top 4 LHD or a 18-21 years old RHD close to being NHL ready and has clear top 4 potential.

Hard to pull off though.
Closest ones I can think of are Jamie Oleksiak and Stephen Johns, who are both top-4 defenders on the Stars, depending on the game, opponent, and/or d-pairings. Klingberg, Heiskanen, and Lindell are cemented to the top-3, and Oleksiak and Stephen Johns are next on the list. As a Stars fan, I'd be willing to part with either one for Drouin, but salary would need to be added to even it out, as Johns is at $2.35M. Thanks for the reply. :)

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Closest ones I can think of are Jamie Oleksiak and Stephen Johns, who are both top-4 defenders on the Stars, depending on the game, opponent, and/or d-pairings. Klingberg, Heiskanen, and Lindell are cemented to the top-3, and Oleksiak and Stephen Johns are next on the list. As a Stars fan, I'd be willing to part with either one for Drouin, but salary would need to be added to even it out, as Johns is at $2.35M. Thanks for the reply. :)

I consider these two bottom pairing D who can move up to #4 spot if an injury occur. Not exactly what I am looking for. I’m looking for someone who’s more established as a top 4.

Also, Johns and Oleksiak are both 28 and 27 respectively. A little too old for me.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
In the past 4 years he averaged 53 points. He is a consistent 50+ point player since being a full time nhl’er. If you need help with that math I understand and pm me - I would be happy to walk you through the calculation.

Quite happy to hold onto Drouin than toss him away for the filth Avs fans offer. Which by the way is puzzling why Avs fans trash him yet make offers for him and discuss him on your boards. Strange!
I read and post on the Avs boards every day and I haven't seen anyone mention Drouin in months. At least not in a positive way or as a legitimate trade target.

Is jost+zadarov the new ryder+halak and a 2nd? lol
Habs are happy to keep Drouin end thread already

The only ones on HFboards making Zadorov + Jost a thing are Montreal fans. Very rarely does that package get suggested by actual Avs fans.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I read and post on the Avs boards every day and I haven't seen anyone mention Drouin in months. At least not in a positive way or as a legitimate trade target.

The only ones on HFboards making Zadorov + Jost a thing are Montreal fans. Very rarely does that package get suggested by actual Avs fans.
I see a certain Avs fan bring in Zadorov / Jost in almost every trade proposal on the board.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
I see a certain Avs fan bring in Zadorov / Jost in almost every trade proposal on the board.
Colorado fans often suggest trades involving Jost OR Zadorov, but how often do you see proposals involving a package of Jost + Zadorov?

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012

Surely you can't be serious?

You want to fleece them and add salary on top of it?

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Colorado fans often suggest trades involving Jost OR Zadorov, but how often do you see proposals involving a package of Jost + Zadorov?

Seriously? Its pretty much a main staple on hfboards now. Worse than the Ryder + Halak + 2nd offers. All Avs proposals involve quantity for quality offers...

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Seriously? Its pretty much a main staple on hfboards now. Worse than the Ryder + Halak + 2nd offers. All Avs proposals involve quantity for quality offers...
That’s because the team is trying to win and pretty much can’t offer something valuable from the roster. Some Avs fans think that Jost+Zadorov could net a top 6 player but every sane Avs fan know that both or individually will probably get 2nd or 3rd rounders.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
No it's not. You're letting bias cloud your memory, because there really haven't been any Avs fans suggesting "Zadorov + Jost" trade packages.

We do admittedly bring up Jost OR Zadorov quite regularly, but that's not the same as proposals involving BOTH of them as you and other Montreal fans are claiming.

I post here pretty regularly and the only Zadorov + Jost trade proposal I remember seeing was made by a non-Avs fan.

Do feel free to prove me wrong though by quoting some of these Zadorov + Jost proposals though. That shouldn't be too hard for you to do seeing as such proposals are "a main staple on hfboards now".....

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
That’s because the team is trying to win and pretty much can’t offer something valuable from the roster. Some Avs fans think that Jost+Zadorov could net a top 6 player but every sane Avs fan know that both or individually will probably get 2nd or 3rd rounders.
Yeah I don't know why it should be surprising that a contender would be trying to make quantity-for-quality trades. Are Avs fans just supposed to stop making trade proposals just because we're trying to make quantity-for-quality trades?

Not all such trades are necessarily bad for the team getting quantity either. The Duchene trade for example was very much quantity for quality and that's worked out pretty well for Colorado.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
No it's not. You're letting bias cloud your memory, because there really haven't been any Avs fans suggesting "Zadorov + Jost" trade packages.

We do admittedly bring up Jost OR Zadorov quite regularly, but that's not the same as proposals involving BOTH of them as you and other Montreal fans are claiming.

I post here pretty regularly and the only Zadorov + Jost trade proposal I remember seeing was made by a non-Avs fan.

Do feel free to prove me wrong though by quoting some of these Zadorov + Jost proposals though. That shouldn't be too hard for you to do seeing as such proposals are "a main staple on hfboards now".....

there is so many that it is comical. If I dig through the Danault / Domi threads you will find them. No time to waste looking. Just glad that Avs fans are now called out for Ryder/Halak offers and aware of it.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Yeah I don't know why it should be surprising that a contender would be trying to make quantity-for-quality trades. Are Avs fans just supposed to stop making trade proposals just because we're trying to make quantity-for-quality trades?

Not all such trades are necessarily bad for the team getting quantity either. The Duchene trade for example was very much quantity for quality and that's worked out pretty well for Colorado.

No, but they should try not to freak out when the other fan wants quality and is not interested in quantity. Or oversell with stupid statements like my marginal player would be top-6 on your team because he is playing on a top tier team. Avs fans also need to attempt to understand opposing team’s needs. Just because the Habs are currently weak on LHD doesn’t mean they would settle for Zadorov or give up significant value for Graves. Both of whom are not the type of dman we need (point producing pmd or a pp qb).

players like:

Zadorov, Jost, Graves, any of your bottom 6 players are of no interest in general to the Habs.

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad