Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
DlsO6zTX0AY0F5N.jpg

Speaking of this pic, Shaw had something to say about it:

:laugh:

Talks to Goalposts

Apr 8, 2011
Edmonton
As terrible as this team is ill take Drouin playing center over the black hole that is Pleks watching that black hole shut down his own line and shooting into the goalies crest is one of the things im glad Drouin doesn't do.

When I looked at it last season, the rotting corpse of Plekanec was still more effective at generating team offense 5 on 5 than Drouin.

Its hard to over-state how ineffective Drouin was down the middle last year. He was like, barely NHLer bad as an ES centerman.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
When I looked at it last season, the rotting corpse of Plekanec was still more effective at generating team offense 5 on 5 than Drouin.

Its hard to over-state how ineffective Drouin was down the middle last year. He was like, barely NHLer bad as an ES centerman.
He might be the third best center on a team with embarassing depth at center ( behind both turtleneck and dano). Is he more "talented" than those two? Sure. But that STILL doesn't make him better down the middle.

Jonathan Drouin. Not a center.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Pleky played with Gallagher for most of the year. Overall depth and what wingers those below average centers on our team plays with is a factor. Not saying Drouin is a real center cause he is not but I'm also saying he can improve.

I don't recall Drouin playing with Gallagher (our best winger) last season too much? I wonder what the 5/5 numbers would look like if Drouin played with Gallagher as much as he did with Pleky?

Just a reminder people... this is not about trying to tell you Drouin is a impact center in the NHL cause he is not. It's about how good he can be and can he improve if he is paired up with the right wingers. It's about working with what you have, not complaining about it. Like it or not, Drouin is playing center again this year.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Pleky played with Gallagher for most of the year. Overall depth and what wingers those below average centers on our team plays with is a factor. Not saying Drouin is a real center cause he is not but I'm also saying he can improve.

I don't recall Drouin playing with Gallagher (our best winger) last season too much? I wonder what the 5/5 numbers would look like if Drouin played with Gallagher as much as he did with Pleky?

Just a reminder people... this is not about trying to tell you Drouin is a impact center in the NHL cause he is not. It's about how good he can be and can he improve if he is paired up with the right wingers. It's about working with what you have, not complaining about it. Like it or not, Drouin is playing center again this year.

He actually did play about 20 games I think with Gallagher. I didn’t look up stats but I do recall with the eyeball test, Drouin was a lot better last quarter of the season when he played with Gallagher and Byron. Makes sense as those two probably have the highest work rates on the team.

Or, the season was lost and there was no pressure so Drouin played better... unless this excuse is only meant for Galchenyuk :sarcasm:

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He actually did play about 20 games I think with Gallagher. I didn’t look up stats but I do recall with the eyeball test, Drouin was a lot better last quarter of the season when he played with Gallagher and Byron. Makes sense as those two probably have the highest work rates on the team.

Or, the season was lost and there was no pressure so Drouin played better... unless this excuse is only meant for Galchenyuk :sarcasm:

That was my point. How Drouin performs as a fringe center in the NHL has a lot to do with the overall talent on our team and the wingers we play him with. The less pressure cause the season was lost can't be overlooked either

Reactions: sandviper

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
He might be the third best center on a team with embarassing depth at center ( behind both turtleneck and dano). Is he more "talented" than those two? Sure. But that STILL doesn't make him better down the middle.

Jonathan Drouin. Not a center.

wait a minute... Marc told Everyone that JD was a center... just not a center in an ideal world...

What are you trying to say here Sandysan.... I mean what is your angle here?

The world isn't ideal ya know .... :sarcasm::sarcasm:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

He did the last 20 games after Plekanec was traded - and unsurprisingly his ES production climbed.

The last 20 games, Drouin had 16pts...

9 of those points came at ES.

So he got 9 of his 24 ES points in the last 20 games of the season playing with Gallagher.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
He did the last 20 games after Plekanec was traded - and unsurprisingly his ES production climbed.

The last 20 games, Drouin had 16pts...

9 of those points came at ES.

So he got 9 of his 24 ES points in the last 20 games of the season playing with Gallagher.

Now we all just pray that Gallagher is all of a sudden a consistent 30 goal scorer. *fingers crossed

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
If only we were as optimistic about Galchenyuk first 25 meaningful games of the 2016-2017 season as a first center as Drouin's meaningless last 20 games of last season, we might have a legit top 6 or 1st c..

Just saying...

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
If only we were as optimistic about Galchenyuk first 25 meaningful games of the 2016-2017 season as a first center as Drouin's meaningless last 20 games of last season, we might have a legit top 6 or 1st c..

Just saying...
Do you know how many times those 25 games get put forth as evidence that he's a full fledged center?

Just saying...

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Do you know how many times those 25 games get put forth as evidence that he's a full fledged center?

Just saying...
When I see we, I mean the team, our team. GM said Galchenyuk was DEFINITELY not a center after that season... Replaced by Drouin.. lol

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
When I see we, I mean the team, our team. GM said Galchenyuk was DEFINITELY not a center after that season... Replaced by Drouin.. lol
Ahhh got it...agreed then.

Would of liked to have seen the team/coach stick with it with Galchenyuk like they did with Drouin.

But I digress

Reactions: Rosso Scuderia

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I'm glad the Habs got Armia, but there are too many left-shooting LWs. I regret the Drouin trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad