Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Drouin will comeback with Habs and going to be a David Perron 2.0 for Habs. Book it. Look David Perron career... that's pretty similar type of career with Drouin.
Only difference is Perron isn't afraid of his own shadow like Drou Drou lol.

Reactions: BLONG7

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I think he has maybe 3 goals since that Ovechkin hit that injured his wrist. It makes you wonder if there is lasting damage on that wrist.

The goals that he has scored since that injury have been from tips and breakaways, I think. He hasn't scored with a clean wrist shot since pre Ovechkin hit.

I love Ovi but that hit was garbo.

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
I’ll maintain that the best we’ve seen from this hockey team is last year’s first 10 games, and Drouin was our best forward. That was also true in 19-20 before his injury. He has been good in stretches. In a deep team where he plays a secondary role, being good in stretches can be just fine!

We don’t have any player that combines puck carrying skills and speed like Drouin. Even as a 40-50 points 3rd line winger he can help the team.

Jul 6, 2016
I think he has maybe 3 goals since that Ovechkin hit that injured his wrist. It makes you wonder if there is lasting damage on that wrist.

The goals that he has scored since that injury have been from tips and breakaways, I think. He hasn't scored with a clean wrist shot since pre Ovechkin hit.

He did not injured his wrist from the Ovechkin hit, but at some other point along the board during that same game.

Jul 6, 2016
I’ll maintain that the best we’ve seen from this hockey team is last year’s first 10 games, and Drouin was our best forward. That was also true in 19-20 before his injury. He has been good in stretches. In a deep team where he plays a secondary role, being good in stretches can be just fine!

We don’t have any player that combines puck carrying skills and speed like Drouin. Even as a 40-50 points 3rd line winger he can help the team.
Unless we get a good centerman for him , just keep him.

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
Drouin's injury against Washington... I was at the Bell Centre the game right before to see this nice SO winner...

Last edited:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
He did not injured his wrist from the Ovechkin hit, but at some other point along the board during that same game.

I think it was from the way Ovechkin awkwardly fell on drouin after the hit, but I might be remembering it wrong.

Whatever the case, I remain concerned about that wrist, and wonder whether it has materially affected his ability to shoot.

Jul 6, 2016
I think it was from the way Ovechkin awkwardly fell on drouin after the hit, but I might be remembering it wrong.

Whatever the case, I remain concerned about that wrist, and wonder whether it has materially affected his ability to shoot.

Drouin said himself it was on a different play. It was not his night for sure. Habs won that game easily but went down the drain afterwards.

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
Getting rid of Drouin is not that easy. You basically need to take a bad player with a big cap hit back. You can buy him out which is the simplest solution. The other way is to find a stupid team fully aware the guy has negative value now (see Kraken draft) and giving value back in a trade. How can they do it without seeing him back playing hockey, i.e. he's committed enough to lace a pair of skates and his skills didn't atrophy since he left. For example by turning up at the Habs training camp. Pick your poison.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
His value can't possibly get any lower at this point, since we are likely stuck taking on another shitty contract if we trade him it makes sense to just keep him and put him in a position to succeed. Having some time off and playing for a coach he has lots of familiarity with could end up being a big help.

We have added two big shots in Caufield and Hoffman since he left, since he's a pass first guy maybe he ends up helping the team or maybe he increases his trade value.

In addition our PP strategy will no longer be based around getting Weber a one-timer every time we have the puck. With a competent PP and having Hoffman and Caufield around, it could end up boosting his point totals.

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
GM's are not stupid. They saw he left the team, they saw he's got 2 goals, they saw he's not a physical player at all. You won't even get the same thing back at a 4.5 cap hit for 2 years because no one even knows what's happening with Drouin. You might get a guy with a great attitude, that can't skate anymore with a 3 year cap hit of 5 M. This thread is a la-la land of wishful thinking. For the one's that hate Drouin, you'll hate the guy coming back just as much or much more. There's not even a borderline 3rd line RH D with a 4 M cap hit coming back the other way. That's science-fiction.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
GM's are not stupid. They saw he left the team, they saw he's got 2 goals, they saw he's not a physical player at all. You won't even get the same thing back at a 4.5 cap hit for 2 years because no one even knows what's happening with Drouin. You might get a guy with a great attitude, that can't skate anymore with a 3 year cap hit of 5 M. This thread is a la-la land of wishful thinking. For the one's that hate Drouin, you'll hate the guy coming back just as much or much more. There's not even a borderline 3rd line RH D with a 4 M cap hit coming back the other way. That's science-fiction.
Great post. Shoulda bought him out. When he’s slumping everyone is going have to wear kid gloves around him not to hurt his feelings
Good luck with that. The Montreal media is gonna chew him more and more. He’s still making 5.5 million. He deserves all the criticism

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Domi literally just had one and he’s a worse player
I said how many? You didn’t answer 70 pts in Montreal is like 100 elsewhere.
And why is Domi worse? Drouin is a huge disappointment
Drouin for sergachev. To quote Pierre houde”ayoye “

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
No idea what is happening with Drouin. Bergevin expects to see him at camp but who knows? Might be a decision for Drouin's doctor to make. If he comes back, I hope he plays well enough for the Habs to either help the team or help for a trade. Either way, take care of yourself Drouin.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
True. However, managment should prepare him for the press when he comes back and they should put low expectations.
Bergevin is a master of setting low expectations......but with Drouin, he has already been given a rope that reaches the bottom of the grand canyon, therein lies the issue. He simply can't handle an ounce of criticisim.....just an ounce...the media, including the francohone media gave him 3 full years, and started poundng inyear 4.
A trade seems the only way to save his career.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
Can't believe he's still occupying 5.5m on the Habs cap. What a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad