Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I honestly have no idea about Drouin. If he comes back, I hope we will give a chance to readjust to the pressure. If his hockey play is back we just got a new player that was not there during the playoffs which will give us options. Everything Bergevin said after the playoffs is that he expects him to play back. He can't say that just for a trade because in that case the other GM will ask for a medical report.
If...........JD thought there was pressure last year...........he hasn't seen anything yet. This year, he has put a huge target on his back.
Let's hope he can handle it.....he himself brought it on...MB seems to think JD now has a handle on his situation, let's hope so....the guy has so much talent, and an empty tool box, makes no sense...

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
So happy to hear that he'll be back. Drouin, Caufield, Anderson, Toffoli, and Gallagher is nice depth, I think Poehling will break into the team as the 3rd line wing as well.

Drouin - Suzuki - Caufield
Toffoli - Kotkaniemi - Gallagher
Poehling - Evans - Anderson
Lehkonen - ? - Byron

This would be fun to watch but probably not practical :laugh:
Drouin on the first line is hilarious. Two goals in his last 56 games. I hope he’s gone

Reactions: dinodebino

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
If and it's a big if, people can't expect that JD just comes back with a guaranteed spot on one of the top two lines. I just don't see that happening. Actually, I am hoping that he gets a fresh start elsewhere for his sake and everyone else's on the team.

Canadiens98

Jan 29, 2021
Drouin on the first line is hilarious. Two goals in his last 56 games. I hope he’s gone
Yesss I know you do, I still believe he is our best playmaker on the team and I'm really interested to see what he'd look like with Caufield. Although, seeing as that line wouldn't be very strong defensively it may be a 'power play' only.

Reactions: No ReGretzkys

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Drouin is very good at making play, and he's also good at bringing the puck to the offensive zone on PP. Without him, our PP has suffered a bit.

Before Anderson comes here, he had 1 goal in 26 games, that's roughly 3 goals in a season. And before Domi came here, he had 9 goals in a season, then bounced back nicely with 28 goals with us.

Reactions: WinterLion

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Drouin is very good at making play, and he's also good at bringing the puck to the offensive zone on PP. Without him, our PP has suffered a bit.

Before Anderson comes here, he had 1 goal in 26 games, that's roughly 3 goals in a season. And before Domi came here, he had 9 goals in a season, then bounced back nicely with 28 goals with us.
I’ll say a little prayer every night. Wish him the best but please be playing somewhere else. Perimeter player with zero scoring ability

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I believe in redemption and 2nd chances... even 3rd or 4th. Been hard on him as a fan. f*** it! Bring him back he deserves it imo.

Reactions: SpeedyPotato

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
If and it's a big if, people can't expect that JD just comes back with a guaranteed spot on one of the top two lines. I just don't see that happening. Actually, I am hoping that he gets a fresh start elsewhere for his sake and everyone else's on the team.
They played better without him. Wish him the best. Somewhere else

No ReGretzkys

May 8, 2018
I’ll say a little prayer every night. Wish him the best but please be playing somewhere else. Perimeter player with zero scoring ability
He doesn’t need to score anymore, we added hoffman and caufield to score the goals, let drouin play his game of playmaker

No ReGretzkys

May 8, 2018
He’s been terrible the last 2 years. Habs are better without him
I’d give him another chance, he has all the skill to potentially break out, caufield’s or hoffman’s finishing abilities will help out drou enormously I believe

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

I think he has maybe 3 goals since that Ovechkin hit that injured his wrist. It makes you wonder if there is lasting damage on that wrist.

The goals that he has scored since that injury have been from tips and breakaways, I think. He hasn't scored with a clean wrist shot since pre Ovechkin hit.

Reactions: Zorba

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Drouin will comeback with Habs and going to be a David Perron 2.0 for Habs. Book it. Look David Perron career... that's pretty similar type of career with Drouin.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Drouin will comeback with Habs and going to be a David Perron 2.0 for Habs. Book it. Look David Perron career... that's pretty similar type of career with Drouin.
He will be lucky to get 45 pts. According. To you Kotkaniemi and Drouin will be stars. Zero chance

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
If...........JD thought there was pressure last year...........he hasn't seen anything yet. This year, he has put a huge target on his back.
True. However, managment should prepare him for the press when he comes back and they should put low expectations.

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
The problem with Drouin is that he's not playing the way the identity of this team is built and this will always make him a bad fit in MTL. I'm sure he can be efficient and can redeem himself, but with MTL this is a losing proposition. What ever he had, I hope its address and that he's 100% capable to play hockey, but I think it would be best if he get moved.

Reactions: Zorba

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
What exactly was his issue that caused him to sit out?

...well, some say it was a Mental Health issue, others more of an attitude issue...I'd be willing to bet both...he's known to have Heart & Arse Disease but I'm thinking this was also tied in to Depression/Anxiety as well...no one knows for sure but him and I doubt he just spills his guts to the Media...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad