Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
It makes sense, and best for all, if he is used to get a PMD....probably a very young puck mover who can't crack a good teams lineup....we will not get a big return obviously.
I think it'll be for a similar toxic contract and with a possible retention from our side. Perhaps someone like Shattenkirk.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I think it'll be for a similar toxic contract and with a possible retention from our side. Perhaps someone like Shattenkirk.
Could be.....it just seems like he has to move on...he has struggled with the pressure, so sending him to another team, with less media hockey coverage would do him good....a gamble by MB that just never worked for us, but did for TB.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
In NHL history, is there any player that has left the game because of toxic environment or because of burn-out ? Among all possible scenarios, I rank the toxic as reason very low. Moreover, I don't find that fans hate Drouin that much; Brisebois, Desharnais, Gomez were much worse. I even find that few fans are harsher to Price than to Drouin, especially before the last PO run.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
In NHL history, is there any player that has left the game because of toxic environment or because of burn-out ? Among all possible scenarios, I rank the toxic as reason very low. Moreover, I don't find that fans hate Drouin that much; Brisebois, Desharnais, Gomez were much worse. I even find that few fans are harsher to Price than to Drouin, especially before the last PO run.
It's not so much the player, but what it cost to get him. Breezy and DD were "free". Gomer and Droudou cost a lot for poor return.,

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Brisebois fetched a perfectly fine career for a 2nd round pick i would say.

Reactions: calder candidate

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
He is not the 1st player taken 3rd overall to completely bust.
Stunned to this day Yzerman passed over Seth Jones for him.
Drouin was a stud in juniors hard to pass on that but looking at it today yes Jones/Hedman would of been crazy but turned out good for them Sergachev should be a good one also

that being said i woudlnt call Jo a complete bust hes still good for 50 points a season hes no Yakupov

Reactions: angusyoung

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Drouin was a stud in juniors hard to pass on that but looking at it today yes Jones/Hedman would of been crazy but turned out good for them Sergachev should be a good one also

that being said i woudlnt call Jo a complete bust hes still good for 50 points a season hes no Yakupov
If he can ever simply enjoy the game again that would be great for him.

Reactions: angusyoung

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

What you remember today about Drouin vs what you remembered on draft day varies. Drouin hasn't improved much since the draft and how could you predict that? It would be like passing over Caufield to take Harley.

I actually think Jones is overrated to some degree. I'm curious to see him play without Werenski cause it was a similar situation to Weber with Suter/Josi. Weber just did his physical thing and passed the puck to his LD guy to carry it out. That's kind of the role Werenski played with Jones.

I don't think Jones sucks if some of you try to exaggerate my narrative that low (disclaimer! lol)

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland

Context is important. By the same token, neither Andrei Kostitsyn, or Galchenyuk were busts. However, when you factor in the players available at their draft position, it becomes clear they were not good picks.

Unless of course you believe it was bad development that caused them being much worse players than Getzlaf, Carter, Rielly, Forsberg, Lindholm etc.

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
And he was put in an impossible as a #1 Dman, which he should never have been.

With limited 5 on 5 and PP time, Brisebois was a very solid Dman actually.
When we had Desjardins and Schneider Brisebois was perfectly slotted on the 2nd or 3rd pair. You're right after Houle dismantled the D and Brisebois became the number one he was in over his head I think.

TopTenPlayz

Jun 6, 2014
Potential Marty St.Louis replacement and off the chart stats in Junior, outproducing Nate MacKinnon by a wide margin

Reactions: tazsub3

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Yep the NHL hads a weird way of separating star junior players from the pro rigors.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016

I know it's just pratic... but he looks like a star on that video. Why he don't play with that intensity in games?

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
If Drouin comes back strong, then he might be our best acquisition in this off-season. Don't forget that Drouin was pretty good in his first 20 games of the last season.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
If Drouin comes back strong, then he might be our best acquisition in this off-season. Don't forget that Drouin was pretty good in his first 20 games of the last season.

If he play with intensity and speed on a line with Suzuki - Caufield... that would be a nasty line. Drouin can be a great top 6 player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->