Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
You can always find worse than you, do you think that rich people can't get depressed ? That they don't have problems ? Maybe his girlfriend that he loved to death left him... Maybe someone he truly loves died... Maybe he can't support the pressure that comes with being a hockey player, anymore... Maybe he's addicted to something and can't play anymore... There are tons of valid reasons for him to leave.

He's not the first player to fight depression though (if this is what it is). That would be medically impossible for him to be the first one. So the big story about this is weird almost like if it was a new thing? Many players in the past who were trashed to death by fans looked to me like depressive guys. Malakohv being first on my list of guys who looked like battling mental health issues. Yet nobody defended those guys quite the contrary. I'm not against being more aware of mental health issues with pro players and giving them the tools to fight those issues (obviously) but it must be more consistent than it has been the last 20 years. People act like he's the first one and that's what bothers me personally.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
You gotta relax, he might be dog water on the ice but nobody knows what off ice issues he's dealing with.
Correct, it could be something very serious, or it could be nothing at all.

Right now it could be either so why assume it is something serious?

I go with the info I know when the info is incomplete. If it is related as serious ( and confirmed) I'll reevaluate then.

Not before.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
Yeah his 2 goals abysmal defense and spotty effort will surely be missed.

I’ll give you 3 stretches in the last 2 seasons where Drouin was on his game.

1)2019-20 season start

15pts in 19 games...he was easily our best forward in that timespan...then gets that wrist injury... Habs were 11-5-3 up to that point, but played under .500 without him.

2)In the bubble

3)At the start of this season. He was very good in the first 15-20 games and this is where we looked the most dominant 5v5.

We need that version of Drouin in order to have the forward depth we were talking so much about in the first month.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head

1)2019-20 season start

15pts in 19 games...he was easily our best forward in that timespan...then gets that wrist injury... Habs were 11-5-3 up to that point, but played under .500 without him.

2)In the bubble

3)At the start of this season. He was very good in the first 15-20 games and this is where we looked the most dominant 5v5.

We need that version of Drouin in order to have the forward depth we were talking so much about in the first month.

In the bubble he was good for 3 games...

Reactions: Et le But

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital

1)2019-20 season start

2)In the bubble

Drouin as a habs in a nutshell goes ham for 15 first matches of the season goes invisible for the rest while being absolutely horrific defensively and takes bad penalties.

For me he's not '' a core player'' for this team at all.

Like I said , I think Drouin has played his last game as a habs.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Drouin as a habs in a nutshell goes ham for 15 first matches of the season goes invisible for the rest while being absolutely horrific defensively and takes bad penalties.

For me he's not '' a core player'' for this team at all.

Like I said , I think Drouin has played his last game as a habs.
God I wish. I'd take another year of curfew if it means no more Drouin on this team.

Well, ok I went too far. I'll take a year of curfew if it means no more Drouin and Bergevin.

Last edited:

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
maybe he's lazy and mad that the entitlement period has come to a close ?
maybe he's a bum ?

He's lazy on ice, but he's probably disciplined and that's one of the reasons he's a NHLer. You can't put a player on LTIR because he's a bum, usually you do something like the Rangers did with DeAngelo. It's has to be something more serious. With the Covid, players are away from their families and that can be really hard mentally.

Reactions: MasterD

Jul 6, 2016
He's lazy on ice, but he's probably disciplined and that's one of the reasons he's a NHLer. You can't put a player on LTIR because he's a bum, usually you do something like the Rangers did with DeAngelo. It's has to be something more serious. With the Covid, players are away from their families and that can be really hard mentally.

Drouin's problem are not due to Covid. But to MTL hockey environment.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011

1)2019-20 season start

2)In the bubble

The start of this season, he started by giving up the puck on an end around that ended up in our net.

And this season in totality he has 2 goals with most of his assists being secondary AND completely irrelevant to the play.

He has NEVER, not once, made his linemates better, much less this year.

His first year he was the league's worst 1C by a mile and then he spent a couple of years getting 1st line minutes and stickhandling into traffic.

He's never been consistently good. Don't give me no bull about the ovechkin hit.

He's a bust at center, he's a bust at wing and it's not becuase he wasn't given chances, my god how he was given chance after chance after chance.

He's a bum

Reactions: sbhatt

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Yet everyone else seems to do just fine.

My god just when I though we had reached the limit of apologists pumping his tires and now we have this.

He's a bum

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Drouin's problem are not due to Covid. But to MTL hockey environment.

I think both. You have all the bullshit to deal with in terms of pressure, media nonsense and just being a good team member. Add to this, because of covid, no dinners, drinks at the bar, hanging out with friends and general decompression off the ice. It’s tough.

Reactions: Garnet76

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Yet everyone else seems to do just fine.

My god just when I though we had reached the limit of apologists pumping his tires and now we have this.

He's a bum
You don't know that.

When the league announced they were doing the playoffs in a bubble, Danault came out publically and said he didn't want to be away from his family for a while. He proceeded to play like ass in the playoffs and for most of this year. I'm not saying he's a #1C, but he was MUCH better before the COVID madness started.

Byron, while I don't like him, played much better before the COVID madness started.

We don't know why this or that player doesn't play well anymore, but I'm certain lots of guys are affected, league wide.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I think both. You have all the bullshit to deal with in terms of pressure, media nonsense and just being a good team member. Add to this, because of covid, no dinners, drinks at the bar, hanging out with friends and general decompression off the ice. It’s tough.
and yet everyone else seems to manage it.

funny how that works, no ?

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
You don't know that.

When the league announced they were doing the playoffs in a bubble, Danault came out publically and said he didn't want to be away from his family for a while. He proceeded to play like ass in the playoffs and for most of this year. I'm not saying he's a #1C, but he was MUCH better before the COVID madness started.

Byron, while I don't like him, played much better before the COVID madness started.

We don't know why this or that player doesn't play well anymore, but I'm certain lots of guys are affected, league wide.

and a lot of guys like anderson and toffolli not only handle it, they go on to have career years.

Are you actually suggesting that Drouin, and only drouin, should get some special accomodation based on a hypothesis that he might have " lost his smile " ?

occams razor says " it's far more likely he's a bum".

Reactions: sbhatt

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
and a lot of guys like anderson and toffolli not only handle it, they go on to have career years.

Are you actually suggesting that Drouin, and only drouin, should get some special accomodation based on a hypothesis that he might have " lost his smile " ?

occams razor says " it's far more likely he's a bum".
I mentioned 3 guys in my post. And I end my post with "lots of guys league wide".

You read what you wanted to read.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I mentioned 3 guys in my post. And I end my post with "lots of guys league wide".

You read what you wanted to read.
Lots of guys, including possibly drouin.
Or possibly not.
Let's keep with tradition and give him the benefit of the doubt.

Becuase that's what we do, amirite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad