Eklund Rumor: Jonathan Drouin in Play

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Even if he's full of beans a rumor this juicy could entice people who know better to click his article. I promised I wouldn't do that though and I maintain that it's a crazy idea for Tampa to trade him now that he's really breaking out. Looks like we'll see another Eklund Trouba rumor at some point this year.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
The only reason this makes any sense is if Stevie Y knows Drouin is going down the ROR path and going to firmly ask for the moon to stay in Tampa.

Even then, since I don't believe he is arbitration eligible yet TBL has at least a year to sort this out.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Sergachev + 1st + desharnais as cap dump

They just unloaded Bishop for peanuts and the only reason drouin could potentially be on the board is because he is going to look for a large contract. Now why on earth would tampa take a cap dump under these circumstances?

Leafs and Habs fans looking to dump bad contracts for Drouin. Seriously just do some research.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
They just unloaded Bishop for peanuts and the only reason drouin could potentially be on the board is because he is going to look for a large contract. Now why on earth would tampa take a cap dump under these circumstances?

Leafs and Habs fans looking to dump bad contracts for Drouin. Seriously just do some research.

Um cause DD is off the books at the end of this season Mr Research

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario

1. DD contact is up this year so not a big deal to tampa
2. not needed in terms of cap hit A (habs can fit 1 mil)
3. DD is being added out of spite for him

Drive425

Jul 24, 2006
St Louis Du Haha

Not justifying the trade valuation but DD's contract is done at the end of this season so ya, research is good.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I would give Meier+Goldobin+1st for Drouin but unfortunately this is Eklund and Drouin isn't going to be traded.

I'm someone deadest against moving both Meier and Goldobin, and I'd probably do this. I'm about as big of a Drouin fan as anyone though.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
If any GM wanted him, they had their chance when he was sitting out.

Now he's worth however many times more than that and he's very likely going no where.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
74 posts since 4:19am. You all bought in, that's what matters.

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
The fact this thread was made means Eklund's goal was achieved

We should just ban threads about his rumors it just spreads misinformation and regardless it is not discussion worthy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad