Injury Report: Jonathan Drouin (fractured right thumb)

SauceCheese91

Sep 14, 2011
I realize Yzerman said Drouin will get a chance, but do you Lightning fans see this guy sticking around all year or whats inside scoop from a TB perspective? I would almost bet anything against him being sent back to the Q, and I don't think he can be sent to the AHL since he's 19?

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I realize Yzerman said Drouin will get a chance, but do you Lightning fans see this guy sticking around all year or whats inside scoop from a TB perspective? I would almost bet anything against him being sent back to the Q, and I don't think he can be sent to the AHL since he's 19?

You nailed it.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Public Service Announcement: Your fantasy lineups are safe...go ahead and draft. He will play in the NHL all year - his spot on the roster is secure. Yzerman said that his play determines where in the lineup he will be playing...first line, second line, third line. This is all that is known and will be known on the subject.

SauceCheese91

Sep 14, 2011
Public Service Announcement: Your fantasy lineups are safe...go ahead and draft. He will play in the NHL all year - his spot on the roster is secure. Yzerman said that his play determines where in the lineup he will be playing...first line, second line, third line. This is all that is known and will be known on the subject.

Fantasy is life bruh, thanks for understanding :sarcasm:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Jo Drou aiming to return in the season opener!

Joe Smith ‏@TBTimes_JSmith
#tblightning @jodrouin27 "We're going in the right direction. Couple more weeks let and I'm sure I'll be fine by then." Goal is opener Oct.9

Erik Erlendsson ‏@erlendssonTBO
#tblightning hopeful Jonathan Drouin still limited in shooting/practicing drills, said his goal is to be in the opening night lineup

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I really hope they choose to start him off in Syracuse on a conditioning stint. He'll have no games to get comfortable and ready for the NHL, so let him get some games in the AHL first. A conditioning assignment is 2 weeks long, so that's perfect to act as a preseason for Drouin.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I don't think it's a huge deal if he plays. If there was any risk of long-term complications, there's no way the team would risk it. Also, two weeks in the AHL won't get him up to NHL speed.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I really hope they choose to start him off in Syracuse on a conditioning stint. He'll have no games to get comfortable and ready for the NHL, so let him get some games in the AHL first. A conditioning assignment is 2 weeks long, so that's perfect to act as a preseason for Drouin.

I think two games should do the trick for him myself wont get him up to game speed but should take off any rust:)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Question is, would he get a top six roster spot if he comes back?

Maybe not right away. I think the main thing he's missed out on is the chance to showcase himself with the top guys, and hopefully develop chemistry. I feel like he'll be starting out with Tyler Johnson. No one really knows though.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Maybe not right away. I think the main thing he's missed out on is the chance to showcase himself with the top guys, and hopefully develop chemistry. I feel like he'll be starting out with Tyler Johnson. No one really knows though.

Yeah him starting with TJ sounds like a good idea. Ease him into the lineup, let's see where he's at physically and mentally, let him adjust to regular season NHL hockey on our 3rd line and see where he's going from there. We have the talent to ice three pretty dangerous lines so there's no rush to put him on the ice against the toughest defenders with Stammer, Callahan or Filppula right away.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=32166&cmpid=nhl-twt

cooper on drouin not rushing where he might pencil in etc.. letting him go at his pace playing different spots not just throwing up with stamkos till he gets up to game speed etc...

Retweeted Jonathan Drouin (@jodrouin27):
Excited to join the @Stable26 roster for the upcoming season! There is nothing compared to this sock on the market ‪#‎Socksmatter‬ ‪#‎Fit2perform‬

Retweeted Stable 26 (@stable26):
We are SO excited to announce that top NHL prospect JONATHAN DROUIN signs on as a spokesperson for Stable 26 footwear

Last edited:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/light...taking-shape-for-final-preseason-game/2200732
Touted wing prospect Jonathan Drouin skated on his own Saturday, but did not participate in the morning skate. He said he has yet to get follow-up x-rays on his fractured right thumb, but has had no setbacks. GM Steve Yzerman said Drouin could potentially start the season on injured reserve; in which case, Drouin would be eligible to play some rehab games with AHL Syracuse before getting put in the Lightning lineup.

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
Erik Erlendsson @erlendssonTBO
Drouin has apparently been cleared for more during practice as he's taking part in drills and taking full shots #tblightning

Stil in red jersey though.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Erik Erlendsson @erlendssonTBO
Drouin has apparently been cleared for more during practice as he's taking part in drills and taking full shots #tblightning

Stil in red jersey though.

That is awesome to hear. We really cannot go wrong with either option. AHL for conditioning and rehab assignment or with big club going through practices and joining the team on the road. Would rather he stay up for sure...either way can't wait for Drouin to replace Killorn in the: Killorn/Filp/Callahan line.

I imagine:

Palat/Stammer/Johnson
Drouin/Filp/Callahan
Kucherov/Namestnikov/Connolly or Panik
Killorn or Morrow / Boyle / Panik or Brown

That is really an excellent lineup from top to bottom. Would sit Morrow and Panik on most nights as healthy scratches.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad