Injury Report: Jonathan Drouin (fractured right thumb)

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I do wonder if they will give him the whole 2 weeks or get him sooner but I thik it's a 'we'll wait and see' - thing, maybe if they feel that he's ready a bit sooner that we coud use him in the game against the Wild since it will be one of the worst kinds of B2B games a team can have playing a canadina team the night before and since they, according to Cooper, will leave Winipeg right after the game they won't be in Minnesota until around 4 in the morning and there will be some tired players playing that night that some fast legs could help, but only if Drouin won't nbeed all 2 weeks that is.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I do wonder if they will give him the whole 2 weeks or get him sooner but I thik it's a 'we'll wait and see' - thing, maybe if they feel that he's ready a bit sooner that we coud use him in the game against the Wild since it will be one of the worst kinds of B2B games a team can have playing a canadina team the night before and since they, according to Cooper, will leave Winipeg right after the game they won't be in Minnesota until around 4 in the morning and there will be some tired players playing that night that some fast legs could help, but only if Drouin won't nbeed all 2 weeks that is.

The 28th seems like the logical time for him to make his NHL debut. I doubt they'll fly him out mid-road trip. (edited out some stuff after realizing my math is bad. :p )

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
The 28th seems like the logical time for him to make his NHL debut. I doubt they'll fly him out mid-road trip. (edited out some stuff after realizing my math is bad. :p )

I think he debuts vs the Coyotes as well. It's honestly perfect timing. He'll get 5 Syracuse games in over 2 weekends, then come back down to Tampa to play at home in front of cheering fans excited to see him start his career vs one of the weaker teams in the league. Yzerplan.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think he debuts vs the Coyotes as well. It's honestly perfect timing. He'll get 5 Syracuse games in over 2 weekends, then come back down to Tampa to play at home in front of cheering fans excited to see him start his career vs one of the weaker teams in the league. Yzerplan.

Maybe they give him the last game in that 3-in-3 off if things are going well, since the Bolts play just two nights later. But we all know he's going to stink it up down there and wind up back in junior.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Maybe they give him the last game in that 3-in-3 off if things are going well, since the Bolts play just two nights later. But we all know he's going to stink it up down there and wind up back in junior.

Heard we were thinking of calling up Gauthier from the ECHL and sending Drouin down to rot in the swamp.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Last year Gudlevski was the fussy player to play in ECHL AHL and NHL (plus olympics)

Drouin is aiming to be the first to bust at all three.

Yzlamic Preacher*

I am disappointed I won't get to see Drouin in Vancouver on Saturday. Selfishness aside, this is the best move.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If the offense doesn't click soon I hope Cooper is considering a line shuffle.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
me too but is a process we saw improvement by guys we are waiting on so let them work it out long week of practice or down time think we should see a good jump tomorrow

Yeah. I think my only real concern is finding someone to handle the puck through the neutral zone on the top line. Stamkos does well when he has a full head of steam, but he can't always have that, and I find he doesn't operate as well at slower speeds with the puck. If Palat finds his game it might give us a potent first line though.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Yeah. I think my only real concern is finding someone to handle the puck through the neutral zone on the top line. Stamkos does well when he has a full head of steam, but he can't always have that, and I find he doesn't operate as well at slower speeds with the puck. If Palat finds his game it might give us a potent first line though.

Palat really worried me the first couple games, but like you have said, I'm starting to see flashes. Hopefully he remembers Drej soon because his play would be invaluable to our team.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Palat really worried me the first couple games, but like you have said, I'm starting to see flashes. Hopefully he remembers Drej soon because his play would be invaluable to our team.

Switch him onto Filppula's line, he seems too caught up in trying to get the puck to Stamkos, while going against top unit pairings at the same time.

Palat-Filppula-Callahan need a reunion, heck I'd even be enticed to see Palat-Filppula-Connolly.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Switch him onto Filppula's line, he seems too caught up in trying to get the puck to Stamkos, while going against top unit pairings at the same time.

Palat-Filppula-Callahan need a reunion, heck I'd even be enticed to see Palat-Filppula-Connolly.

I'd like to see that too. But if that does happen, I'd like to see Kucherov with Stamkos rather than Killer and Johnson. Killorn looks okay when he plays with Stamkos, but I've never been sold on Johnson-Stamkos. Both of them are north-south shooters and I don't see them ever striking up chemistry. A 1-2-3 of Stamkos, Flip, and Johnson could also give us some of the best center depth in the east.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Joe Smith retweeted
Syracuse Hockey ‏@syrhockey 3m3 minutes ago
Marchessault on Drouin: There's no wonder he's the third (pick) overall. Everything I heard was exactly what I saw, It was amazing.''

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Joe Smith retweeted
Marchessault on Drouin: There's no wonder he's the third (pick) overall. Everything I heard was exactly what I saw, It was amazing.''

The Hype Is Real

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Joe Smith retweeted

Confirmed: Ugly
Confirmed: Game will not translate
Confirmed: Bust

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
My advise for Drouin: Grow a beard like Gudas 2 years ago (false beard would do in the interim). We do not want the giant screens cracking when he looks up at them in his debut a the Ice Palace.

Jerrico

Jan 21, 2007
When do you guys expect drouin to make his debut? Sorry if this has been answered, I'm on mobile and struggling to navigate the thread.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Awesome, thanks. I'm looking forward to watching his wizardry. Who do you think he'll play with?

I honestly have no idea. If I had to guess, he'll play with Namestnikov and Kucherov, bumping Brown to the fourth line and Connolly as a healthy scratch. Tons of possibilities, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad