Injury Report: Jonathan Drouin (fractured right thumb)

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Joe Smith @TBTimes_JSmith

Drouin out three to four weeks due to slight fracture in right thumb #tblightning
Joe Smith @TBTimes_JSmith

Tough blow for @jodrouin27, who was expected to make #tblightning out of camp. Looks like 3-4 weeks would put him into start of year

Ugh that sucks. What happened to "not serious", "will play this week"? :(

Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Ugh that sucks. What happened to "not serious", "will play this week"? :(

Well this is not too serious, but not day to day either. The good thing with this is that it's an upper body injury, so he can still skate and keep up with his conditioning.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
The quote is actually:

Drouin on injury: "Obviously just a little collision and I obviously fell on it. It wasn't a big hit or anything, obviously. Just lost balance and obviously fell on my hand."

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
3-4 weeks is the minimum. Kucherov is staying up now so the Crunch take a hit and Panik as well since Kucherov can't play the 4th line unless one of the two move to the LW. Hopefully Brown and Panik play well the first month because someone's going to need to be moved out when Drouin comes back.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
That sucks, it sounds like a similar injury to the one that Cally suffered last season, he was out about 2 1/2 weeks I think after blocking a shot with his hand against the Caps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad