Injury Report: Jonathan Drouin (fractured right thumb)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 28m28 minutes ago
Expectation is TB will send Jonathan Drouin (fractured thumb) to Syracuse of AHL on two-week conditioning stint before seeing NHL action.

Hmmm..

Joe Smith ‏@TBTimes_JSmith 9m9 minutes ago
#tblightning may have @jodrouin27 go on a two week conditioning assignment with @SyracuseCrunch, per @TSNBobMcKenzie. Nothing from team yet

Joe Smith ‏@TBTimes_JSmith 2m2 minutes ago
Decision whether #tblightning sends @jodrouin27 on conditioning assignment likely made by tomorrow morning, before team flies to Vancouver

Last edited:

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I think that's a good idea. Let him get his legs back a bit before playing with the big boys.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Is Bob just blowing a lot of bs lately, or is it just me?

I guess he hasn't really said anything definitive... Brewer's name is "out there," and, "expectation is that Drouin..."

But still. He usually only reports when there's something to report.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Is Bob just blowing a lot of bs lately, or is it just me?

I guess he hasn't really said anything definitive... Brewer's name is "out there," and, "expectation is that Drouin..."

But still. He usually only reports when there's something to report.

With Brewer I think he was just saying the name was out there because he'd heard something. With this one, I think the team is probably leaning toward sending Drouin to Syracuse and he's reasonably sure it happens. I don't think we can really know whether or not he's blowing bs until we see what actually happens.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Good, I hope he does. He hasn't played in a month and I think it's a bad idea to send him out for his first game against NHL players when he's rusty, has no chemistry with linemates, and on the road. Give him the 8 days we're on the road to play in Syracuse, hope he lights it up for a few games and then bring him up with some confidence and conditioned.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Good, I hope he does. He hasn't played in a month and I think it's a bad idea to send him out for his first game against NHL players when he's rusty, has no chemistry with linemates, and on the road. Give him the 8 days we're on the road to play in Syracuse, hope he lights it up for a few games and then bring him up with some confidence and conditioned.

Yeah, I agree. In a way it's like giving him the training camp he missed.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
We have enough underperforming forwards as it is might as well not add another to the roster right now.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
We have enough underperforming forwards as it is might as well not add another to the roster right now.

I disagree how bad could he be? Let the kid play and also when saw certain unnamed sources earlier run with bob's thing and say that drouin was being sent down was like ok lets go to twitter and reliable sources came out with decision to be made I will actually be surprised if he goes down and if he does I dont see the full two weeks myself. Maybe a couple games get his legs.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Let's face it it wouldn't be fair to the other teams to have Drouin on the team this early. Let him have the two weeks in Syracuse, maybe even get "injured" again and so on. Put him in the lineup some time around Christmas and finish the season on a win-streak the world has never seen before.

JoeyBeans

Jan 5, 2013
Halifax
Let's face it it wouldn't be fair to the other teams to have Drouin on the team this early. Let him have the two weeks in Syracuse, maybe even get "injured" again and so on. Put him in the lineup some time around Christmas and finish the season on a win-streak the world has never seen before.

You have very very high hopes.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Rather him take his time and be ready, we are not in any desperate need now, team has been looking good, and 2-1-1 is not the absolute best start but it is solid.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
@BBurnsNHL:
Jonathan Drouin confirms he will be going to Syracuse on a rehab assignment. Says he expects to play tomorrow night. #TBLightning

@syrhockey:
BriseBois confirmed Drouin playing tomorrow, said he will like make Crunch's three-in-three road trip next weekend too

I wonder where he slides in. Maybe on Dump Truck's wing?

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Joe Smith retweeted
Matt Baker ‏@MBakerTBTimes 6m6 minutes ago
Drouin: "It’s not really sending me down. It’s more getting me ready to come back here, and making sure I’m 100 percent ready." #TBLightning

While that's true, it sounds like Drouin's a tad defensive, like this is touching a raw nerve from last year. Which I think is a good thing. He's going to go into Syracuse to prove he doesn't belong there.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
So it's 3 games in the AHL for him then, right? Let's predict his production. Or rather: Will he crack 100 points?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
5 games. 0 points. -23. Takes a puck in the face and gets uglier. Demoted to Halifax.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Drouin is a healthy scratch all 5 games in Syracuse. Yzerman finally realizes he should have drafted Seth Jones and trades Drouin to the Rangers for Michael Kostka to make up for his mistake. Rangers make the Cup Final again on the back of Drouin's 30 points in 16 games and the Rangers clean sweep their way to a Cup win. Drouin is so ugly that during the team photo, the lens cracks.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Drouin is a healthy scratch all 5 games in Syracuse. Yzerman finally realizes he should have drafted Seth Jones and trades Drouin to the Rangers for Michael Kostka to make up for his mistake. Rangers make the Cup Final again on the back of Drouin's 30 points in 16 games and the Rangers clean sweep their way to a Cup win. Drouin is so ugly that during the team photo, the lens cracks.

The league then omits Drouin's name from being engraved on the Cup out of fear that it'll crack as well.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Good, I think this was the best thing to do.

[nhl]645138[/nhl]

If he stays for all the games then his return and possible NHL debut is our first home game back after the road trip. October 28th vs the Coyotes.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad