Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - Blue White Red Dead Redemption Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
#Drouin-Conférencedepresse(20/08/04)

«De façon plus personnelle, la rondelle ne colle pas sur mon bâton jusqu’ici. C’est plus difficile. J’essaie de patiner et de terminer mes mises en échec.»
I don't think he know what a body check actually means. So he probably is thinking of something else.

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
I'd take a guy like Zucker 10x over Drouin.

He plays with so much intensity, I thought that was the kind of player Bergevin was looking for when he said he wanted players with ''CHARACTER''.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
The real frustrating part is that I can totally see him getting himself shipped out of town only to rediscover his game.

One thing I know about drouin is that he should at least be a top 6 option in the nhl, but he looks no more offensively dangerous than Dale Weise or Jordan weal since coming back from injury.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

Hold the horse shit, human nature is about adaptability. While no one in their right mind is expecting him to be Guy Lafeur, other than extremists or pityfully obvious strawmen, he sure as hell can get better and could help the team much more than he does, if only he can find the will and motivation to be better.

It's all between his ears and the history of our nature has shown that he can go both ways and the variables and factors involved are so innumerable (this is no hyperbole) and unpredictable to be reduced down to some lawyer's brand of human nature, of all people, is a joke.

Last edited:

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Send him to boot camp anyway:sarcasm:
Lmao this pic always makes me laugh, I love Torts
XWh7H4qzbUSNRaNxwmKXMBDwvPwHZMbR1aOW_7QOEvs.jpg

Vanek, who by all means is a lazy bum that sucks defensively, was liked by Torts last year IIRC.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The more i think about Drouin, the more i despise his kind of attitude.

My reasoning is simple....he has all the tools to be a difference maker, to take pride in his game and the team......but he chooses not to. CHOOSES because there is no other excuse.

If he doesn't care, then the feeling is mutual. I love to see him get traded for a top 10. At this point, his value wont even get us that.

What a sad excuse of a player. If he feels that is unfair, the feeling again is mutual. I think his 6 million dollar salary is unfair ripoff of the fans.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I give him the benefit of the doubt about game rust, he's not the only player so far that has looked like absolute dog****

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The real frustrating part is that I can totally see him getting himself shipped out of town only to rediscover his game.

One thing I know about drouin is that he should at least be a top 6 option in the nhl, but he looks no more offensively dangerous than Dale Weise or Jordan weal since coming back from injury.
What difference does it make to us?

We got the lazy, uninterested version...so that is what we are losing.

We have to stop pretending he's going to get a heart and deal with reality of who he is with us.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Drouin got paid and didn't have to prove anything. We are seeing how much he wanted to prove Tampa wrong. Even if this is his last big deal in the NHL, Bergevin set him up for life, a couple more 1 mill+bonus show me deals and he is out of the league and earned 40 million dollars in the process, not bad.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
What difference does it make to us?

We got the lazy, uninterested version...so that is what we are losing.

We have to stop pretending he's going to get a heart and deal with reality of who he is with us.

The whole point is that the entire situation is frustrating. It doesn't make it any less frustrating that if/when he moves on, he's likely going to be a better player, and the return won't be good for the habs.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
The glass-half-full types look at early season Drouin that was near a point-per-game and say "that's the real Drouin". The negative-nancy types look at his late season or last couple games and say "that's the real Drouin." The truth is unfortunately that he's both.

Reactions: PhysicX

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
The glass-half-full types look at early season Drouin that was near a point-per-game and say "that's the real Drouin". The negative-nancy types look at his late season or last couple games and say "that's the real Drouin." The truth is unfortunately that he's both.
ah yeah the typical early season excuse , where he had a flash of talent. Where was that flash since he was traded in Montreal eexcept early this season.
Drouin does not learn for his mistakes. He's a lazy player with no defensive aspect and is a turnover master.
The only reason he plays on a top 6 its because hes french canadian. If Domi was not acting like a child also , probably Drouin would be playing in Domi's spot.

By the way drouin was hot garbage when he returned for weeks. No excuses

Reactions: Pickles and tazsub3

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
We know Drouin's impact right now is.. minimal or detrimental to the team.
Same with Domi. There have always been a lot of enigmatic top 6 / top 9 NHL players and there always will be. Some that could be 1st liners but somehow, can't do it night in // night out. Drouin's passing game last night was awful. I mean, I have a difficult time still having faith in that guy. If he is bad on the PP with rushed plays and he doesn't check or anyway, ugh. I remember thinking Ducharme could help him adapt his game. Somehow he gets 45-50 points a year with flashes of brillance. :help:

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Maybe they can move Domi up the lineup, on the wing, and put Drouin back on center, but on the 4th line. :D

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Unless you are a team FILLED with talent at every position.....you CAN NOT give a way a kid for a player the other team WANTED and HAD to get rid of. And the 2nd vs the 6th doesn't change a thing. Officially, Bergevin got himself his own Gomez-McDonagh deal in that sense.
The sad reality is that Gomez contributed to the team way more then Drouin ever did

someone rightfully pointed out last night that Drouin barely connected a single pass on a teammate stick

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
They'll live or die with Drouin this offseason, hand him the entire length of the rope and let him decide his faith with the organization. He's playing with our most promising center and Armia, who is our second RW.

Give him responsibilities on special teams and offensive-zone starts. He continues playing poorly, he makes his own bed.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The sad reality is that Gomez contributed to the team way more then Drouin ever did

someone rightfully pointed out last night that Drouin barely connected a single pass on a teammate stick

I don't even want to think about Gomez fiasco.

Passing is like riding a bike, after a decade and a half, the brain automatically compensates the "lead" on the pass. He couldn't even do that.

Don't get me wrong, I want the Habs to lose, but I stall can't stand a no show. At the very least, it's disrespectful to his teammates and fans.

Some are claiming "rust". Doubt it, but let's see, what other excuse can we generate before we accept what he really is.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010

Drouin has had strong season start every year in Montreal. He just falter as the season goes on (injury or not).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad