Injury Report: Jonathan Bernier

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Chris Johnston@reporterchris
Randy Carlyle says Jonathan Bernier has a knee irritation from new equipment.

So yeah, there goes another thing for us to panic over. Curse you new equipment!

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Should add

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle
Carlyle doesn't expect Bernier to miss more than today's skate but doesn't have all the info yet.

Well at least the Toronto media doesn't have to call Bernier's mom!

B4932_ORIG-ohhh.gif

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
Well at least the Toronto media doesn't have to call Bernier's mom!

No but listening to TSN1050, hayes/mclennen/oneil are trying to spin this as Bernier character issues. They've also been ripping Kadri for hitting Pageau and then getting into a scrum last night. Gotta love the TO media.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
No but listening to TSN1050, hayes/mclennen/oneil are trying to spin this as Bernier character issues. They've also been ripping Kadri for hitting Pageau and then getting into a scrum last night. Gotta love the TO media.

Character issues? They guy was hurt going in and wanted to feel how it was...it is a preseason game....Character issues? wow

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
Jeff O'Neil said on leaf lunch that Bernier had diaper rash.

Its the cool thing to make fun of the leafs. I don't know why I listen anymore but its the only leafs radio show I know at noon. They constantly mock them. Still don't get how they take issue with kadri throwing a big hit and getting into a scrum. They criticize kessel for being soft yet when a skilled player like kadri goes in the corner they take issue with it.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
skin irritation? sounds a little soft to me.

#TeamReimer

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Its the cool thing to make fun of the leafs. I don't know why I listen anymore but its the only leafs radio show I know at noon. They constantly mock them. Still don't get how they take issue with kadri throwing a big hit and getting into a scrum. They criticize kessel for being soft yet when a skilled player like kadri goes in the corner they take issue with it.

Yeah how dare Kadri play with some nastiness

SteveV*

#TeamReimer

What's funny about that crack, one of things floated by reporters when we got Bernier, the team was worried about Reimer in that regard, he apparently treats a common cold like ebola.

It's the preseason, why do anything that causes irritation. Are you going to spend all season mounting molehills?

#teamstopthepuck

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Yeah, I barely listen to the media when it comes to this team anymore. They'll insult, make fun of, and rip into this team and then on top of it they'll blame the fans for it all. They can certainly get paid to make fun of something, but I certainly don't have to waste time listening to them.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Seems odd to me that bernier wouldn't have been practicing all summer in these new pads. If he had he would have, the irritation would have occurred during the summer rather than now one would assume

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008

#TeamReimer

Belfour must have said the same thing when his hand got infected in Pittsburgh :p
--

Jeff O'Neill is the ultimate tool, this guy has the nerve to call other players lazy, he was the laziest player I've ever seen, could have been so much better than he was.

Twist and Shout

Dec 30, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Seems odd to me that bernier wouldn't have been practicing all summer in these new pads. If he had he would have, the irritation would have occurred during the summer rather than now one would assume

Read something last week that Reimer only started practicing with the new pads at the end of August, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad