Injury Report: Jonathan Bernier

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
According to Jonas Siegel:

Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 44m
Jonathan Bernier is nursing an undisclosed injury. Suffered it this morning, but wanted to give it a go. Didn't feel great, left after 1st

Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 43m
Bernier wouldn't reveal much about the injury, but didn't seem pleased with how it felt after a period tonight.

Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 32m
Bernier on injury: "It just felt worse, I guess, as the game was going so I just figured it was a better move to step off."

Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 30m
Bernier said the plan tonight was to play the full 60 minutes. Eyes getting into at least two of remaining exhibition games.

Probably explains why he let in a bit of a weaky and was also letting out some rebounds tonight, seemed like something was a bit off with him.

Hopefully it's nothing too serious, but considering that he suited up tonight and played a period without looking too out of place, and that he plans on getting in a couple more pre-season games, I don't think it's a major cause for concern.

Bernier has a pretty solid track record injury-wise, doesn't have any history of injuries dating back to junior (at least nothing that I could find).

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
quite frankly he shouldn't have played if he felt not so hot today. boo. but i hope he feels better soon.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Well he looked good other than losing sight of the puck on the first goal. Hope it's not bad and he gets back in time to kick the Sens' butts again.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Well nice he looked that solid while not feeling his best though bit uneasy with all the mystery surrounding it.

Still a ton of pre-season games left to be sure. Hopefully good to go after resting up a bit more.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
I just don't understand why he would play if he even had a hangnail? Reimer obviously was rested why risk tweaking anything?

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
leafs have to be careful here - this is Bernier's big opportunity and he's not going to pull himself over a minor injury, even if he should. And if it's a groin or hammy he might turn it into a serious injury, so it'll be up to the leafs to stop him if it's that kind of injury.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
quite frankly he shouldn't have played if he felt not so hot today. boo. but i hope he feels better soon.

Considering that he didn't at all looked injured during the first period, I'm hoping that it's something more related to discomfort because of a common pull or strain. hopefully it will get better with some rest and maybe some basic physical therapy. Bernier and Reimer are already a lock for the roster so I would hope that the medical staff (and Bernier) wouldn't risk aggravating a possibly serious injury over a preseason game.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
Hopefully it's nothing serious. Didn't look like he was debilitated by it; he played a solid 20 minutes.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Meh. He suffered a minor hemorrhoid injury the morning after drinking too much red wine and eating a spicy pork burrito.

Nothing to worry about.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Can the season start already, **** getting annoyed with all the injuries already. Lupul (back), Kadri (hand), Bernier (undisclosed) we're through 3 games in the pre-season and it seems the infirmary is hard at work.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Thought he looked great last night on rebounds and positioning and puck control.

If I had to guess at the minor injury, it likely has something to do with his blocker arm as lifting it to stop the only goal against might have been when he realized he couldn't play through it.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Bernier not on ice.

Leafs being secretive about a goalie`s injury? Colour me surprised. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad