Player Discussion Jonas Hiller (Title Updated Jan 20/16)

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Since when is Gibson an unknown? He's been one of the most hyped goaltender prospects in a long time.
I personally think that Hiller recovers and becomes the starter for us.

Might want to re-read. I didn't mention Gibson because he's definitely not an unknown.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
As long as they still give Ramo at least 45 games I don't mind it. At this time Ramo is the better goalie in my opinion.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
This definitely gives us a better chance at having a good record. I might be crazy, but we have a good shot with a 1A/1B scenario.

Bobs your uncle

Sep 18, 2003
Canada
Good salary and good term for the Flames with Hiller. Offsets the questionable head-scratching signing of Raymond.

Last edited:

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
Literally a fantastic deal, he was the goaltender I hoped we'd pick up today, the perfect guy for the job. While generally I'd say he's a starting-calibre goalie, I think Ramo will definitely outplay him this year in light of how Hiller has looked in recent years for Anaheim. That being said, I'd love to see Ramo play 50 games and Hiller play 30.

The last two are for Joey Mac

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I obviously like this signing a lot, and the dollar/term totally rock, but I do feel for Ramo because he played excellent towards the end of last season. I still believe he has an opportunity to be the starter here, but he better bring it because Hiller is without question a legit starter in the NHL.

Nice job Flames! :handclap:

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust
Ducks fan here. It was time for Hiller to move on but I wish him well in Calgary. He had his moments of brilliance but I'll sleep better knowing I never have to see him throw his head back again letting in a shot he knew he should've stopped. I imagine he'll do well with you guys. Two years is a perfect length for him. Be prepared for his interviews. He doesn't know how to pause in between his thoughts or spit out what he's trying to say in a concise manner so he just goes on and on in one long, monotone ramble. I'll miss that for sure.

DoubleJ96

Aug 23, 2006
Winnipeg
I love this signing. Could have been 2 years/12 million and I'd be happy. It's a two year deal where he will fight with Ramo for 1A and 1B and gives the kids more time to grow. Great signing!

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I don't mind it.

We have to get to the floor, I get it. But I thought Ramo earned the starter gig at the end of the season. I still think he will carry the load for the Flames.

Hiller has been very inconsistent the last 2 seasons (Andersen, Gibson, and Fasth all over taking him for parts of a season or playoffs.)

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
It's funny, at first I was like "aww, this isn't fair to Ramo, we should have signed a backup not a potential starter." Then I realized how ridiculous it was to be disappointed in signing too good of a goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad