Value of: Jonas Brodin.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
That's what is confusing. Someone says Domi is the face of the franchise, and i go, 'Huh?"

I would be on board with Domi for Brodin, though.

newsportsfan123

Dec 16, 2019

Attachments

• 4C5488FD-B21E-439F-8295-8689214F590D.jpeg
    4C5488FD-B21E-439F-8295-8689214F590D.jpeg
    120.8 KB · Views: 5

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't PNHLe just [Number of points in lower league] * [coefficient that's supposed to represent the disparity between lower league and NHL]? There's nothing "analytic" about it, it just tries to make it easier to compare production between leagues.

Edit: Rereading the description it does sound more involved than that... but there isn't much in the way of detail.

Reactions: newsportsfan123

newsportsfan123

Dec 16, 2019
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't PNHLe just [Number of points in lower league] * [coefficient that's supposed to represent the disparity between lower league and NHL]? There's nothing "analytic" about it, it just tries to make it easier to compare production between leagues.

Edit: Rereading the description it does sound more involved than that... but there isn't much in the way of detail.
its an advanced statistic, it’s analytics. people who have a high PNHLe normally do well in the NHL, but leagues like the SHL,KHL, AHL PNHLe are valued higher than junior leagues

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
its an advanced statistic, it’s analytics. people who have a high PNHLe normally do well in the NHL, but leagues like the SHL,KHL, AHL PNHLe are valued higher than junior leagues
I won't argue semantics in a trade thread, but this really seems like an attempt to invoke the authority of "analytics" to base an argument on a sketchy stat.

Either way, even by the LMNOp numbers Khovanov and Beckman are 4 and 5 points (respectively) behind Rees. I wouldn't expect either of those guys + Pittsburgh's 1st to return a player like Brodin.

newsportsfan123

Dec 16, 2019
I won't argue semantics in a trade thread, but this really seems like an attempt to invoke the authority of "analytics" to base an argument on a sketchy stat.

Either way, even by the LMNOp numbers Khovanov and Beckman are 4 and 5 points (respectively) behind Rees. I wouldn't expect either of those guys + Pittsburgh's 1st to return a player like Brodin.
wouldn’t call it a sketchy stat, it’s used by dobber prospects.. i think it’s a good way to evaluate some talent, but a high PNHLe in the OHL will always be looked at lower than a high PNHLe playing in the SHL or KHL. players with a high PNHLe in the SHL normally turn out to be solid NHLers, really cant say the same for CHL, only a few turn out to be solid.

newsportsfan123

Dec 16, 2019
"It's analytics" - someone who has no idea what they are talking about
it’s used by analyst.. it’s an advanced statistic, it’s also used by dobber to determine the likelihood of that player coming into the NHL and succeeding. it also can measure the quality of a player, 1st line potent, superstar, etc.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
“Used by” but in this thread being presented as “gotcha”. Take with a grain of salt would be a more proper use of “analytics”. Or are you newtoanalytics123 guy too?

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Per Russo: "multiple sources tell The Athletic that there are teams that continue to pursue defensemen Matt Dumba and Jonas Brodin and that Guerin has been offered some potentially intriguing pieces for Dumba"

"Potentially intriguing pieces?" Yeah, pretty sure I don't want to trade either of these guys for a Fenton-like return, which is what this sounds like.

Hockeyfan200

Jun 15, 2019
Per Russo: "multiple sources tell The Athletic that there are teams that continue to pursue defensemen Matt Dumba and Jonas Brodin and that Guerin has been offered some potentially intriguing pieces for Dumba"

"Potentially intriguing pieces?" Yeah, pretty sure I don't want to trade either of these guys for a Fenton-like return, which is what this sounds like.

Look at these tweet, dumbD isn't going anywhere pending overpayment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Michael Russo on KFAN103 yesterday<br><br>Zucker could be traded. PIT not on NTC, ARZ interested, CAR interested (implied that Leipold would block trade), NTC blocks CGY<br><br>Foligno wont be traded<br><br>Dumba unlikely, return on him would have to be 1st, prospect and a centre.<br><br>Brodin possible</p>&mdash; J (@Account4hockey) <a href="">February 10, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

Getting Fiala for Granlund is starting to look better and better as time passes

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Michael Russo on KFAN103 yesterday<br><br>Zucker could be traded. PIT not on NTC, ARZ interested, CAR interested (implied that Leipold would block trade), NTC blocks CGY<br><br>Foligno wont be traded<br><br>Dumba unlikely, return on him would have to be 1st, prospect and a centre.<br><br>Brodin possible</p>&mdash; J (@Account4hockey) <a href="">February 10, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

How's Zucker's NTC doing?

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota

Bruh, you gotta learn how to embed a tweet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad