Jon Cooper says Kadri goal shouldn’t have counted, but wouldn’t say why

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017

We can afford to replace weak and emotional fans lol

1656082971468.png

You can't.
1656082997231.png

It takes 3 Tampa Bay lightening to equal the same interest as 1 Toronto Maple Leafs. And this is your popularity at it's highest. How much ya wanna bet that when TB has to rebuild and has a few down years that half your "fan base" toss their jersey's aside and f*** off to the greener grass?

lol.

great

Apr 14, 2018

View attachment 561610
You can't.
View attachment 561612

It takes 3 Tampa Bay lightening to equal the same interest as 1 Toronto Maple Leafs. And this is your popularity at it's highest. How much ya wanna bet that when TB has to rebuild and has a few down years that half your "fan base" toss their jersey's aside and f*** off to the greener grass?

lol.
Their seats would be empty and they would be on the verge of relocating if they ever had to go through what Leaf fans have

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Dude that's gonna happen everywhere you get large groups of people drunk and excited. It's up to the City to prepare for it and counter it.

People in groups are stupid.

iu
The fact of the matter is that this happened twice(first one was in 1994 Stanley Finals). Our fans have promised not to do that again, but they did.

By the way, has Toronto done this before?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Fans who get fickle or ADHD thus f***ing off when their team isn't winning are kind of pathetic. Well not kind of. They strike me as spoiled little children.

Of course I would prefer the Leafs win something. God knows we've been through the grinder now for 60 years. But props to the fan base for staying strong through all of it.
What the hell kind of response is this.

Spoiled children, or have other priorities to attend to. The only way of thinking that makes any sense here is the Leafs are literally your life and all that matters… which if anything is sad… it’s that.

Let’s say I’ve got an extra $600, I can either go watch the Wings lose 7-1 or go take my wife and kid on a nice weekend getaway.

Real tough choice!

Maybe the reason your franchise has been the joke of the NHL is because ownership knows no matter what they do or how bad they are, fans will be there no matter what. That’s not the great thing you continue to think it is.

Dude that's gonna happen everywhere you get large groups of people drunk and excited. It's up to the City to prepare for it and counter it.

People in groups are stupid.

iu
Ah yes I forgot about all the other times fans burnt their city to the ground after a tough loss…

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
The fact of the matter is that this happened twice(first one was in 1994 Stanley Finals). Our fans have promised not to do that again, but they did.

By the way, has Toronto done this before?
The Raptors parade was crazy big and I think it went without a hitch? I could be wrong.

Now that was because everything was all good feels and success. I could believe that if the Leafs made it to the finals and got ref f***ed like they did in the first round, that the fans would leave the arena wanting blood.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Sinistril

Oct 26, 2008
What the hell kind of response is this.

Spoiled children, or have other priorities to attend to. The only way of thinking that makes any sense here is the Leafs are literally your life and all that matters… which if anything is sad… it’s that.

Let’s say I’ve got an extra $600, I can either go watch the Wings lose 7-1 or go take my wife and kid on a nice weekend getaway.

Real tough choice!

Maybe the reason your franchise has been the joke of the NHL is because ownership knows no matter what they do or how bad they are, fans will be there no matter what. That’s not the great thing you continue to think it is.

Ah yes I forgot about all the other times fans burnt their city to the ground after a tough loss…
Wouldn't taking your wife and kid on a weekend getaway be an easy choice even if you could watch the wings win 7-1?

Reactions: Drytoast

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida

View attachment 561610
You can't.
View attachment 561612

lol.
that's crazy, I'm so happy for bell canada, rogers communications, and larry tanenbaum

my personal dream is to run a business poorly and make boatloads of money anyways so i never have to change my ways or do right by my clients

Reactions: nbwingsfan

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
The Raptors parade was crazy big and I think it went without a hitch? I could be wrong.

Now that was because everything was all good feels and success. I could believe that if the Leafs made it to the finals and got ref f***ed like they did in the first round, that the fans would leave the arena wanting blood.
Yes, but half of our city got burned down, and I can assure you I've seen articles of people having adulterated actions on the road. It was that bad. I think those kinds of acts should never happen again.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida

I guess we'll never know

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
that's crazy, I'm so happy for bell canada, rogers communications, and larry tanenbaum

my personal dream is to run a business poorly and make boatloads of money anyways so i never have to change my ways or do right by my clients
It's not about their revenue stream, it's a testament that the fans are loyal.

Even with 60 years of misery. Your fan base would have all up and relocated by now because they suffer from ADHD...

So when I say we pay for half the f***ing league so we've bought our right to share our opinion on anything and everything, it's hyperbole but a reality. Due to the stupid salary cap that forces us to share revenue with the weaker markets.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
It's not about their revenue stream, it's a testament that the fans are loyal.

Even with 60 years of misery. Your fan base would have all up and relocated by now because they suffer from ADHD...

So when I say we pay for half the f***ing league so we've bought our right to share our opinion on anything and everything, it's hyperbole but a reality. Due to the stupid salary cap that forces us to share revenue with the weaker markets.
the NYR are our franchise value overlords, i would appreciate it if you could defer to a rangers fan on all matters hockey. thank you

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
the NYR are our franchise value overlords, i would appreciate it if you could defer to a rangers fan on all matters hockey. thank you

Rangers/Toronto difference is likely due to the Canadian dollar. But they do deserve respect. They survived and thrived through a 50+ year cup drought themselves.

I'm about 30 percent confident you have the fortitude of sticking around on a 10 + year Tampa down turn...maybe 20 percent.

lol.

• Haha
Reactions: GirardSpinorama

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Rangers/Toronto difference is likely due to the Canadian dollar.

I'm about 30 percent confident you have the fortitude of sticking around on a 10 + year Tampa down turn...

lol.
sir i've been a lightning fan since 1972, 20 years before they were even founded. if i can cheer through 20 years of my franchise not icing a team, i can handle 10 of poor play

unless a rangers fan tells me i can't. i believe them, since they're more valuable and pay the bills for secondary teams like toronto and tampa bay

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
When did the Ranger fans become knowledgeable?

Lay off the Rangers, they have just gotten out of the fetal position recovering from when the Islanders won 4 in a row 40 years ago. They started to come out of it in 95, but the pesky Devils sent them back 20 years ago. Just when they think they turn the corner, the Lightning come around...

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
sir i've been a lightning fan since 1972, 20 years before they were even founded. if i can cheer through 20 years of my franchise not icing a team, i can handle 10 of poor play

unless a rangers fan tells me i can't. i believe them, since they're more valuable and pay the bills for secondary teams like toronto and tampa bay

iu

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

Well aside from the delays and the sweltering heat, I seem to recall there also being a stabbing.

Yup:

But hey, I don't think we saw any fires!

That said, if the Leafs ever make it back to the finals and then lose.....I know I'd be steering clear of downtown for a while. :laugh:

Reactions: Drytoast

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Yes most fans realize what the rules are and how they work.
lots of teams have done it, Vegas, Leafs do it a lot, any team near the cap does it, if they have injuries.

The key factor is the timing of the return.

If you think for one second that Kucherov "just happened to be ready" to return for game 1... I have a bridge to sell you

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Well aside from the delays and the sweltering heat, I seem to recall there also being a stabbing.

Yup:

But hey, I don't think we saw any fires!

That said, if the Leafs ever make it back to the finals and then lose.....I know I'd be steering clear of downtown for a while. :laugh:
That would be my take as well. Imagine if they got ref f***ed like they did this year in the Tampa series except that blatant shit went down in the Finals? After like 60 years of waiting and then to get ref f***ed?

Ohhhh boy. I'd put security on the refs and get them out of dodge pronto and call in the national guard! Shits gonna go sideways.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
That would be my take as well. Imagine if they got ref f***ed like they did this year in the Tampa series except that blatant shit went down in the Finals? After like 60 years of waiting and then to get ref f***ed?

Ohhhh boy. I'd put security on the refs and get them out of dodge pronto and call in the national guard! Shits gonna go sideways.

They'd also set a record for most expensive tickets to a hockey game, perhaps in the history of the league.....and they'd sell every seat in minutes.

Hell they'd probably add NEW seats just to sell those ones too.

But agreed, if anything short of a Cup win were to occur, there would definitely be some damage done by some angry fans.

Andrewcoursol

May 13, 2018
ontario
Indeed based on the behind the net picture if we are going to apply the same standard to both teams, Avs had 1 skater getting off so "6" on ice while the Bolts had 2 skaters getting off so "7" on the ice...
if tampa would have scored with 7 players on the ice and it is called a no goal, would coopers argument be that the players were leaving the ice and not a factor in the play? I am also wondering what is his comment for the goal scored in regulation when colorado's goalie had no helmet on? play not called dead or whistle blown until after the goal scored, did the avs even challenge this play. there should have been no need for overtime.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad