Jon Cooper says Kadri goal shouldn’t have counted, but wouldn’t say why

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Lol Tampa had 7 players, not a good look on Cooper.

Indeed based on the behind the net picture if we are going to apply the same standard to both teams, Avs had 1 skater getting off so "6" on ice while the Bolts had 2 skaters getting off so "7" on the ice...

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
6 men on the ice means penalty in my books.
Agree.

Also, even if the Lightning had too many as well, it is now 4on 4. Goal still doesn't count because the play should have been blown dead, regardless of who had too many men. So using Lightning 7 men on the ice logic, should have been a penalty and face off only real question is where is the face off?

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Yea sure, those tens of millions of dollars a year revenue compared to a few more million dollars a year must really hurt the Ilitches.
Well they used to be a league top ten revenue generator and I think they slipped into the teens now which is about middle of the league.

Original 6 teams shouldn't slip like that regardless of on ice success.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Ok, so it is now 4on 4, goal still doesn't count because the play should have been blown dead, regardless of who had too many men. So using your logic, should have been a penalty and face off only real question is where is the face off?
I'm thinking Tampa's zone, because Tampa had one more man on the ice than Colorado did.

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
I'm thinking Tampa's zone, because Tampa had one more man on the ice than Colorado did.
I'll go there. Also, don't think at that point the Lightning could have survived a 4 on 4 unless an Avs player fell down. The were gassed, beat up and on their heels. 4 on 4s have basically been Av power plays.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Should any Leaf fan be talking about any other teams "dominance" like this? The Leafs haven't Won the Cup since 1967 and haven't been to the Finals since 1967. No one besides some fans of the Leafs care about how much money they make, not like any fans get any of that money anyhow, so who cares?
Since we pay for half the league we will talk about whomever we want however we want

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
I'll go there. Also, don't think at that point the Lightning could have survived a 4 on 4 unless an Avs player fell down. The were gassed, beat up and on their heels. 4 on 4s have basically been Av power plays.
That just gives more space for the Colorado offense to execute shots.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Should any Leaf fan be talking about any other teams "dominance" like this? The Leafs haven't Won the Cup since 1967 and haven't been to the Finals since 1967. No one besides some fans of the Leafs care about how much money they make, not like any fans get any of that money anyhow, so who cares?
The Leafs lack of success doesn't prevent fans from following hockey, being knowledgable, and having an opinion.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
I don't think this is close to causing the play to be called off. I haven't seen a great angle of when kadri jumped off the bench but the extra players were approaching the benches and out of the play.

Unless there's something showing how early kadri jumped off the bench this just looks like a sloppy change during a fast break...

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
LOL, Chris Draper's and your chum Hank The Plank's tears show plenty of humility about some "handshake snub" that happened 13 years ago.

Here's to another decade of well-deserved Hockeytown "dominance"!
6qenNCY.gif
One of the more irrelevant and gibberish posts I’ve seen in a while. I’ll congratulate you on it

Well they used to be a league top ten revenue generator and I think they slipped into the teens now which is about middle of the league.

Original 6 teams shouldn't slip like that regardless of on ice success.
So now we’re using the “our billionaire owner makes more than your billionaire owner” as a point to brag about? 😂

Be better.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Since we pay for half the league we will talk about whomever we want however we want
“We” eh…

Congratulations on having such high ticket prices that you’ve likely never even seen a game live in your life, I guess?

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
google: actively lying about something to make a point
that's more of an exaggeration since it's very much based on the reality that we are a top earner in this league, have been for forever even through the 80's when we sucked ass or not winning a cup since 67 or a playoff round since 2004. And likely will be still for the foreseeable future. And since we have this stupid salary cap that handicaps our market's strength and forces us to rev share with lesser markets...

It's hyperbole.

:)

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
“We” eh…

Congratulations on having such high ticket prices that you’ve likely never even seen a game live in your life, I guess?

Not mention most Leafs fans are suckers and will buy whatever nonsense Leafs management will sell. A lot of that revenue is based on that. So I wouldn’t brag about our team being so rich. Quite frankly, they really don’t deserve our money.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
I've been to 3. But the drive to Toronto kills me with all the traffic so I'd rather/prefer to just gather at someone's house to drink freely and watch it there.

google : Hyperbole
If you can't make a valid argument with facts, you don't have a valid argument.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
that's more of an exaggeration since it's very much based on the reality that we are a top earner in this league, have been for forever even through the 80's when we sucked ass or not winning a cup since 67 or a playoff round since 2004. And likely will be still for the foreseeable future. And since we have this stupid salary cap that handicaps our market's strength and forces us to rev share with lesser markets...

It's hyperbole.

Im still trying to understand why “we give our very rich owners a lot of our money despite them giving us nothing good in return” is some type of bragging point for you?

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017

It's hyperbole.

The revenue bonanza for the league is the playoffs. Ticket prices sky-rocket. Big tv bucks. Lots of merch. Teams that don't make the playoffs or can't get out of the first round aren't contributing to this very much. Teams like the Leafs.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
The revenue bonanza for the league is the playoffs. Ticket prices sky-rocket. Big tv bucks. Lots of merch. Teams that don't make the playoffs or can't get out of the first round aren't contributing to this very much. Teams like the Leafs.
I'm sure Leafs provide revenue during the season, though, right?

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
So Wes was the ref that threw Coop out a while back and I don't think they've had the greatest working relationship over the years. I don't think Coop wants to go right after him and is taking the lawyer way out of this by using this situation as a scapegoat to bring criticism against the officials without saying something directly about them.

4D CHESS​

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
So Wes was the ref that threw Coop out a while back and I don't think they've had the greatest working relationship over the years. I don't think Coop wants to go right after him and is taking the lawyer way out of this by using this situation as a scapegoat to bring criticism against the officials without saying something directly about them.

4D CHESS​

And the whining part was a chess move, too?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad