Jon Cooper says Kadri goal shouldn’t have counted, but wouldn’t say why

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
I'm not all that bothered by Cooper. It seems fairly obvious what he's doing each time there's some sort of kerfuffle about his post-game comments. He's taking fire for his team and taking attention away from the players.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I think with the situation it was too many men because Kadri got involved in the play well before his guy changed. I don't care about Tampa's players because they were out of the play and it was literally how changes happen every time and the rule isn't about x players on the ice it's about players being involved in the play. I think it was a very easy call to miss, though.

Very low hockey iq to assume a screenshot tells a too many men on the ice story.

BUT
Avs vastly outplayed them in OT and looked like they were going to win the entire ot.
Refs missed way worse calls for both teams the entire game.
Refs couldn't even see puck go in, how do you expect then to see everything

AvalancheRy

Feb 13, 2009
Sure, they were beaten by the better team but that was a blatant missed call and anyone excusing it doesn't know hockey, period.
Oh please are you going to sit here and argue that rules are enforced by the book every single time?

In every single sport there is a course of conduct that develops through the game and refs will enforce rules within that course. In basketball refs will tell coaches how they'll call blocking fouls. Sometimes more contact is tolerated, others not. Football is the same way with certain calls.

Line changes in hockey are the exact same thing. And you cannot tell me you haven't noticed lazy line changes in hockey before and refs letting it go. It's not a penalty if refs have been calling it the same way all game. Here, you have TWO Tampa dudes in the same position as Nate. This is a good no call because it's within the bounds the refs established on this play and likely all game.

Unless you can demonstrably prove that the refs didn't call this the same way for both teams over the course of the game, you simply have no argument.

Reactions: hockeyfanplayer

hockeyfanplayer

Dec 14, 2021
TBL fans also said this after the Game 6 penalty debacle that led to them getting a near 2 minute 5 on 3 and tied the game to save the series, where a Colton flicked his head back after a stick clipped his jersey on the shoulder:

"All your team had to do was kill off the penalty, calls are missed all the time. Deal with it. Don't blame the refs for you not killing the penalty"

And now they're screaming about how a player stepping onto the bench constitutes a too many men advantage and that this stains the potential Cup win.

Cry me a river.....
Wasn't that the game that in addition to the ludicrous call you mentioned, Hedman pulled the opponent's stick up into his face and pretended he was high sticked?

If one was to follow stamkos around on a shift, he holds more opponents' stick than the equipment manager taping them.

This is the LAST team on the face of the earth who should be complaining about calls. Its what makes the impending COL win so amazing, how they've had to fight through a load of calls against, and missed calls for - and still won the series quickly (I expect they will end this in game 5).

The complaining and whining by TBL and its fanbase is laughable at this point. Assuming COL does finish this off after 5, it will destroy any talk of a "dynasty", and IMO this TBL team in 5-10 years will be remembered more for its diving/embellishing, cheating, cap circumventions, and overall poor sportsmanship than their 2 tainted cups "won" against a weak Western conf opponent and another one who only made the finals because of a temporary playoff divisional alignment that had no business being in the Finals.

Turbonium

Aug 21, 2020
Spain
The key point is that Kadri, the guy that scored, was the one that jumped early. Look at the play, he scored on a breakaway where he had a step on the defense. Whether or no McKinnon was involved is irrelevant, he was the one leaving the ice, Kadri had to wait. If he waits and comes on legally, does he still get the breakaway and have a step on Sergachov?

All irrelevant because NHL decided to look other way. I agree that the Avs will not only get a too many men on the ice penalty in Game 5, but will be called much closer than Game 4.

A breakaway? He beats 2 Tampa defenders that are easily in position to defend him. He doesn't have a step on anyone, he makes a great move to get a shot off. You realize there's video that we all can see that shows what you said just isn't true, right?

hockeyfanplayer

Dec 14, 2021
Leafs fan coming in peace, don't worry Tampa. If you're the better team you'll still win no matter what the refs call/don't call.
Has Auston gotten his jersey back yet?

Last I saw Cerilli was trying to steal it and give it to his kids as a souvenir to save the $50 in the MPL team store.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Wasn't that the game that in addition to the ludicrous call you mentioned, Hedman pulled the opponent's stick up into his face and pretended he was high sticked?

If one was to follow stamkos around on a shift, he holds more opponents' stick than the equipment manager taping them.

This is the LAST team on the face of the earth who should be complaining about calls. Its what makes the impending COL win so amazing, how they've had to fight through a load of calls against, and missed calls for - and still won the series quickly (I expect they will end this in game 5).

The complaining and whining by TBL and its fanbase is laughable at this point. Assuming COL does finish this off after 5, it will destroy any talk of a "dynasty", and IMO this TBL team in 5-10 years will be remembered more for its diving/embellishing, cheating, cap circumventions, and overall poor sportsmanship than their 2 tainted cups "won" against a weak Western conf opponent and another one who only made the finals because of a temporary playoff divisional alignment that had no business being in the Finals.
You’ve whined more than anyone in this series, and you’re an islanders fan lmao

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
We had a tampa fan getting upset when Bednar said we didn't make Tampa earn all of their goals in game 3, imagine if he had said something like this.
If we won, I wouldn't care what Bednar said. I wouldn't care that we had too many men on the ice either.

But if you're on the losing side of a blown call in overtime, of course you're going to be pissed. Let people be pissed.

Reactions: dukeofjive

hockeyfanplayer

Dec 14, 2021
A breakaway? He beats 2 Tampa defenders that are easily in position to defend him. He doesn't have a step on anyone, he makes a great move to get a shot off. You realize there's video that we all can see that shows what you said just isn't true, right?
Its like listening to certain individuals discussing politics; there is reality that we all saw, and then there are the screeching whines from a fanbase who was all too happy and willing to lay it on super thick for the last 3 years - and is now getting a large dollup of their own medicine.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If we won, I wouldn't care what Bednar said. I wouldn't care that we had too many men on the ice either.

But if you're on the losing side of a blown call in overtime, of course you're going to be pissed. Let people be pissed.

People can be pissed all they want, I can't stop anyone from feeling their emotions & have no desire to do so...but that doesn't mean I'm not going to tease folks for their double standards, just because they're emotional.

Given how long hockey fans hold onto grudges, joking about that hypocrisy won't be funny by the time nobody's pissed about it :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad